~Extremespeed
~Psychic

Trololugia in Hazards

Lugia@Leftovers
~Cosmic Power
~Roost
~Dragon Tail
~Substitute

Suddenly I want to give Dragon Rush a try.

Someone should set up a WiFi tournament.

Though most people would probably need AR to compete.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Database files set up. Could put up a server now, but I'm hosting the CaP server currently. Contact me on IRC if you have a computer you don't mind leaving on, setting up a server is easy enough. Unless this gets much more popular than I expect, we should not have issues with lag on a normal broadband connection. I'll even set the tiers up for you if needed, but that's not exactly hard.

Edit: legality issues are going to be tricky, have got several ways to do it. None is ideal.

Tauros is pretty cool for a light bull

Until I finish writing my week-long report on a Growth Infernape moveset designed to be the ultimate Sun abusing Pokemon, here are two simple sets:

Weavile's Big Break!

Weavile @ Life Orb/Wide Lens/Focus Sash
*Nature A Lonely/Hasty*
*Nature B & C Adamant/Jolly*

-Shell Smash/Gear Change/Swords Dance/Agility
-Ice Shard/Icicle Drop/Extreme Speed/Endeavor
-Drain Punch/High Jump Kick/Close Combat/Reversal
-Crunch
There are three ways to sweep:
A) Use Shell Smash to take advantage of Weavile's glass cannon nature: Use Shell Smash at full HP, avoid being KO'd via Focus Sash, now sweep with 200 Baser Power Reversal and STAB Crunch. Use either Ice Shard or Extremespeed for priority;
Weavile's absurd speed should allow his STAB Ice Shard to win battles against almost all

1+ priority moves like Bullet Punch, Sucker Punch, Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, and Aqua Jet. But having a high speed 2+ priority Extreme Speed that can beat other Pokemon with Extreme Speed is arguably more important.

B)
While holding either a Life Orb or Leftovers, use Gear Change to boost Weavile's greatest stats; now commence the sweep with Close Combat/Drain Punch, Crunch, and either Ice Punch or Endeavor, the later being more useful when using the Life Orb.

C)Holding a Wide Lens, use either Swords Dance or Agility to Sharply raise either Attack or Speed, proceed to sweep with 100% accuracy Icicle Drop & Hi Jump Kick. In the final slot you can run Crunch to hit Surskit, Froslass, Shedinja, Pringles Squid, and all Water Psychics, the only Pokemon that resist both Ice and Fighting.
If you want to make Weavile even cooler, and/or you want to REALLY surprise and mess with your opponent, you can drop Crunch, and replace it either Thunder Punch, Wild Charge, Volt Tackle, or Lightning Strike,which will zap away the biggest threats to Weavile's Ice/Fighting sweep: Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie, and Jellicent. In fact the only pokemon that wouldn't die from Ice/Fighting/Electric is Shedinja. But you've undoubtedly have a RockHead Brave Bird/Head Smash Aerodactyl on your team, so you should be fine.

[Note: A glitch accidentally linked all of the text down here to a GIF of Tauros' BW sprite, I can't seem to undo this, can a mod remove all those links please?]

Drum that funky belly light bull!

Tauros @ Life Orb/Leftovers/Big Root

Ability: Intimidate

-Belly Drum

-Extreme Speed

-Drain Punch

-Horn Leech

Well can Saws-suck punch his opponents with one leg and drain energy through his hooves?! Yeah, didn't think so!

Now dese three moves are so gangsta that they hit ALL Pocket Monsters for at least neutral damage! Well 'cept for dat Ghostly Gangsta Gengar, that haunted Balloon Drifloon, and that Evil Balisk who lives on the bad side of the universe! But unlike dat lame leafy loser deer, my Tauros can switch his leeching horn attack, with a powerful crunchy bite! That light bull's teeth can get SO sharp that they'll pierce through Gengar, and other whack ghost types!

OK, now that I'm done with that cringe-inducing post with poor atempt at humor; I can now express my sadness, because I realized that if Piplup learned Assist or Mimic, we could use that glitch to make an Empoleon that knew:

Database files set up. Could put up a server now, but I'm hosting the CaP server currently. Contact me on IRC if you have a computer you don't mind leaving on, setting up a server is easy enough. Unless this gets much more popular than I expect, we should not have issues with lag on a normal broadband connection. I'll even set the tiers up for you if needed, but that's not exactly hard.

Edit: legality issues are going to be tricky, have got several ways to do it. None is ideal.
Sorry to be a gigantic noob but how exactly is this going to work?

Smeargle is the most upset by this glitch.

____ @ Magic Guard, Toxic Orb
-Recover
-Cosmic Power
-Protect
- w/e

Shuckle @ Perversity, Leftovers
-Close Combat/Super Power
-Leaf Storm/Overheat/Draco Meteor/etc.
-Baton Pass
-Protect/Heal Bell/etc.

Edit:
Espeon @ Magic Mirror (No Status), Leftovers
-Cosmic Power
-Baton Pass
-Recover
-Conversion 2/Attack

Thought of A intresting one :D

Shedninja@focus Sash
-Spider Web
-protect
-Perish Song
-Filler

Lol Wonder Guard+Perish Song= Dead;p

The best Ninjask moveset would be

Ninjask@Lum Berry
Speed Boost

Belly Drum/Shell Smash/Gear Change
Protect
Baton Pass
Outrage

Only Steels and Shedinja aresist the attack if it needs to attack. Too many 4x resists on X-Scissor, other moves have immunities, so whatever. Pass boosts and win etc.

Baton Pass sucks in this meta!

EDIT: Also, if you are relying on boosting your stats to stall out your opponent, you have to be immune to crits, or else Mountain Storm or Ice Breath say GG.

The best Ninjask moveset would be

Ninjask@Lum Berry
Speed Boost

Belly Drum/Shell Smash/Gear Change
Protect
Baton Pass
Outrage

Only Steels and Shedinja aresist the attack if it needs to attack. Too many 4x resists on X-Scissor, other moves have immunities, so whatever. Pass boosts and win etc.

Baton Pass sucks in this meta!

EDIT: Also, if you are relying on boosting your stats to stall out your opponent, you have to be immune to crits, or else Mountain Storm or Ice Breath say GG.
Shell Armor users are immune to criticals.
Shell Armor/Mimic:
Clamperl
Cloyster
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Kingler
Krabby
Lapras
Omantye
Omastar
Shellder
Torkoal

Also, Baton Pass doesn't suck: think of it as one pokemon who boosts their stats while retaining enough bulk to do it: then passing to a Pokemon that has good attacking stats, and a movepool that has unresisted coverage.

All +1 Priority moves suck though (especially Quick Attack): everything learns Extremespeed. The only reason to use a +1 is for STAB or if it's Vaccum Wave to use the Sp. ATK stat.

Thought of A intresting one :D

Shedninja@focus Sash
-Spider Web
-protect
-Perish Song
-Filler

Lol Wonder Guard+Perish Song= Dead;p
Oh lord, Shedinja is trolltastic

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
- Protect
- Conversion2
- Toxic
- Submersion

Plus in doubles

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
- Befriend
- Safeguard
- ?
- ?

Sableye @ Leppa Berry
- Toxic
- Submersion
- Disable
- Sheer Cold

or whatever. It's a Wondereye, I ain't gotta explain shit.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to be a gigantic noob but how exactly is this going to work?
Someone needs to download the server files follow instructions here, I'll send them a file to replace the /db/ folder they get normally with the server file. Anyone wanting to play will have to download a new set of /db/ files for their client. I'll name it /db StreetPKMN/. When they want to have all the moves available in teambuilder, users will rename the normal /db/ file, then name the new one /db/. To swap back to normal learnsets, simply rename the new one to anything but /db/, and name the old one /db/.

Oh lord, Shedinja is trolltastic

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
- Protect
- Conversion2
- Toxic
- Submersion

Plus in doubles

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
- Befriend
- Safeguard
- ?
- ?

Sableye @ Leppa Berry
- Toxic
- Submersion
- Disable
- Sheer Cold

or whatever. It's a Wondereye, I ain't gotta explain shit.
No move on a Shedinja will prevent your opponent from sending in T-tar/Hippo. :/

IMO, the best teams are going to be Kyogre + 5 Kingdra/Palkia/Arceus >_>

I mean, seriously, Jirachi with any move is cool and all, but I'd rather have the extra 20 Base stat in every stat.

I think a modified version of the set in the OP is best for Machamp

Machamp@Leftovers/Flame Jewel/Expert Belt/Lum Berry/Fist Plate
Jolly 252 spd, 252 atk, 6 hp
Gear Change
Sheer Cold
Hi Jump Kick
Sacred Fire/Flare Blitz/Head Smash/Extremespeed/Spore

HJK offers a lot more power than Dynamicpunch, and No Guard prevents it from missing anyways. Even more importantly, +1 HJK 2HKOs every single non-weak Sturdy user.

The only Sturdy users not weak to fighting are Skarmory, Forretress, Shuckle, Terracosta, Donphan, and Sawk. Skarmory is the only one that poses a threat, and a +1 Flame Jewel Flare Blitz OHKOs it. Sacred Fire cleanly OHKOs Forretress if you don't like recoil, and Head Smash deals a massive amount to Shuckle, OHKOing with Expert Belt. Priority and sleep never hurt, so ES and Spore are good options.

Lum Berry is mostly for opposing Deoxys-S spores, as unfortunately Deo-S outspeeds you even at +2 speed. You are also outsped by +speed Scarf base 90s and neutral Scarf base 105s. A second Gear Change puts you beyond everything except Scarf Deo-S, +1 Ninjask, and Jumpluff in the sun. Actually, Spore works really well in the last slot with a Fist Plate, as +2 HJK is killing just about everything that Sheer Cold doesn't OHKO. Gear change, Spore the switch in, Gear change again, and go on a rampage.

My greatest dream ever since Gen 4:

Aerodactyl @Choice Band
Rock Head
Jolly 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
~Brave Bird
~Head Smash
~Flare Blitz
~Volt Tackle

EDIT: nvmd. I just realized that Dactyl can't learn Mimic/Assist/Metronome. Back to pokesav for me. :(

Ninjask @ Ganlon Berry/Brightpowder
~ Substitute
~ Protect
~ Belly Drum
~ Baton Pass

to

Groudon
~ Sacred Fire
~ Earthquake
~ Lightning Strike
~ Recover/Dragon Rush/Shadow Force

Any questions?

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
With all of these batshit insane sets, it seems like people are completely forgeting about stealth rock. If stealth rock proves to be unpopular, then this set may be viable:
Yanmega @ Lum Berry
Speed Boost
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Aura Sphere

With all of these batshit insane sets, it seems like people are completely forgeting about stealth rock. If stealth rock proves to be unpopular, then this set may be viable:
Yanmega @ Lum Berry
Speed Boost
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Aura Sphere
With everything capable of using Rapid Spin, who knows?

Yanmega @ Lum Berry
Speed Boost
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Aura Sphere
Surely you would want Nasty Plot / Shadow Ball / Aura Sphere / Bug Buzz (or maybe Air Slash)

Has anyone mentioned Zoroark yet?

With access to nearly all moves anything goes. Oh the mindgames!
Zoroark doesn't have access to any irregular moves...

Surely you would want Nasty Plot / Shadow Ball / Aura Sphere / Bug Buzz (or maybe Air Slash)
Why Nasty Plot when you have Tail Glow?

Also, you'd probably want decent moves like Aeroblast over weak stuff like Air Slash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)