Pokémon Smogoff Edition

Idea approved from Ivy ; OP mostly copied from the Super Staff Bros. 4 thread.

Hello, fellow Smogoff user. You're probably wondering this: "What is this thread even about?" or "What bs did I am the Impostor come up with this time?" Well, I'm tell you. It's about a project that I am working on. It is called:

Pokémon: Smogoff Edition
What is this project about?
Pokémon: Smogoff Edition is a (soon-to-be) format featuring Pokémon created by Smogoff users like you. But, these aren't just run-of-the-mill standard Pokémon; these ones have signature moves, (possibly) abilities, and even signature items! In addition to those attributes, the Pokémon are named after the Smogoff poster they represent, and will post a epic funny message in the battle once they get onto the field, and this time, you can use two mega evolutions instead of just one! However, Dynamax is still banned because it's just not cool and will put massive power creep on the metagame. Other than these changes, it's just a regular Pokémon battle; the first trainer to KO their opponent's team wins! (This is in the Random Battles Format, as well.)

What's this thread for then?
Basically to submit your Pokémon and talk about the metagame in general. I also want to hear from the community about the metagame in general, as well.

Who's gonna code this?
Yours truly! I will probably get help later on, but for now, I'm solo! If you would like to help, it would be appreciated! This would probably be on a side server, as well.

[insert pokemon here] is broken and needs to be nerfed!
If there is an overwhelming, unanimous cry that certain Pokémon are too good or suck a lot I will evaluate those mons and potentially nerf/buff them to even the playing field a bit better. There will also be balance patches.

How do I submit/make my Pokemon?
Just use this format below!

:ss/pokemon:
Name: [Put your Username here]
Typing: [You can change your typing, but don't do it often please!]
Stats: [If your Pokémon is weak or an NFE or LC Pokemon (excluding the ones on the banlist for the tiers) you can give their stats buffs; but the limit for BST boosts are 550.]
Signature Move: [Insert move name here] (BP of the move here | Type of the move here | Accuracy of the move here | Secondary effect(s) of the move here)
Move Description: [Insert move description here]
Signature Ability: [Insert ability name here]
Ability Description: [Insert ability name here]
Signature Item: [Insert item / mega stone here]
Item Description: [Insert item / mega stone description here]
Sets: [Insert Sets Here]
NOTE: You do not need to add custom elements! Also, please don't make your abilities complex.

Here is a blank template:
:ss/pokemon:
Name:
Typing:
Stats:
Signature Move:
( | | | | )
Move Description:
Signature Ability:
Ability Description:
Signature Item:
Item Description:
Sets:

Here is an example of myself:

Name: A Golden Waddle Dee
Typing:

Stats: Unchanged
Signature Move: Golden Roll (60 BP |
| Physical | 95% Accuracy | Always hits two times. 10% to flinch the opponent.)
Move Description: The user rolls up into a ball and starts shining like gold. This move always hits twice and has a chance to flinch the opponent.
Signature Ability: None
Signature Item: Golden Charm
Item Description: If this item is held by A Golden Waddle Dee, and if it's under 1/3 of it's HP, all of it's stats (excluding acc/eva) are raised by 1 stage.
Sets:
Azumarill @ Golden Charm
Adamant Nature
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Golden Roll
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Golden Roll
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch

By the way, please be a little serious in this thread and make your Pokémon balanced! You can still do a little trolling, just not with your Pokémon.

Overall, have fun here!

(Spreadsheet link will be here)

List of Users that submitted their Pokémon
xzern
Mace (By me)
adamantzu
Finland
VTaxi
Snessy!
Albatr0ss
Colteor
Ironmage
zorbees
Theorymon
SlowAndBruh
Reactions (Like / Love / Wow / Angry / Sad / Haha)
Total Clefairy
CaffeineBoost
zxgzxg
ASMRxism
az
faint
Ullar
Alba2ss (Will probably code)
Regic Boat
shadowpeashooter

Last edited:
Normal horse should be 100% confirmed for this.
SCAP1 SO FAR

Concept:

Type: Normal

Abilities: Normalise/Normalise/Normalise

Stats: 80/110/100/80/90/110

Movepool:
Level-Up (key: level no. - move)
1 - High Horsepower
3 - Baby-Doll Eyes
3 - Bite
7 - tackel
11 - High Horsepower
12 - Odour Sleuth
21 - High Horsepower
25 - head butt
28 - Stomp
31 - High Horsepower
33 - Double Kick
33 - Mega Kick
41 - High Horsepower
49 - Charm
51 - High Horsepower
56 - ExtremeSpeed
61 - High Horsepower
67 - Triple Axel
71 - High Horsepower
79 - Blaze Kick
81 - High Horsepower
84 - Anthrax
91 - High Horsepower
95 - High Horsepower
96 - High Horsepower
97 - High Horsepower
98 - High Horsepower
99 - High Horsepower
100 - High Horsepower

TM/TR/whatever the hell fuck they've introduced now
- Rest
- Stomping Tantrum
- Substitute

Also, please remember, don't chat in the thread until you are done with your Pokémon! I might be changing this rule later on, but for now, it'll stay! This rule was scrapped. Also, Normal Horse counts as a Pokémon. And the BST Rules changed! You may buff an NFE or LC Pokémon (Not on the banlist for either tiers) BST's up to 550.

Last edited:
Here is an example of myself:

Name: A Golden Waddle Dee
Typing:

Signature Move: Golden Roll (60 BP |
| 95% Accuracy | Always hits two times. 10% to flinch the opponent.)
Move Description: The user rolls up into a ball and starts shining like gold. This move always hits twice and has a chance to flinch the opponent.
Signature Item: Golden Charm
Item Description: If this item is held by A Golden Waddle Dee, and if it's under 1/3 of it's HP, all of it's stats (excluding acc/eva) are raised by 1 stage.
First of all, HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY AZUMARILL >:(
Second of all, the signature ability should be a reskinned Emergency Exit (context), but it's triggered whenever the opponent has a supereffective move.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/shelgon:
Name: xzern

Typing: dragon/fire

Stats: double his speed and special attack.. thanks. or just dump whatever the difference in your max bst is, into spa and speed. thanks..

Signature Move: ( Blast Burn (good) | 150 bp | fire type | The target is razed by a fiery explosion. User must recharge next turn IF the opponent is not killed)
Move Description: same as regular blast burn but if possible alter the recharge mechanic to resemble gen 1 hyper beam. that is, the recharge is nullified if the target is killed.
moveset: blast burn (good), draco meteor, thunder, explosion

Signature Ability: Blaze
Ability Description: 1.5 increase in fire moves when 33% hp

Signature Item: McRib & Shamrock Shake Combo Meal (with fries)
Item Description: combines the effects of leftovers, life orb, and petaya berry

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but I'm posting this on behalf of Mace. (Also, I forgot, but remember to put a attacking category for your move!)

:ss/mawile:
Name: Mawile
Typing:

Stats: Mega-Mawile Stats
Signature Move: Fucker Punch (70 BP |
| Physical | +1 Priority and 10% Flinch | Goes first if the opponent using an attacking move.)
Move Description: Usually goes first. Fails if target is not attacking. (Sucker Punch clone)
Signature Item: Pixie Crown
Item Description: This item makes your opponent use the move in the same moveslot as the one you clicked. (i.e. if you used your 2nd move the opponent would use their second move.)
Sets:
Mawile @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Fucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Ok fine then, I shall also be an Azumarill, of course.
Azumarill  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White
Name: adamantazu
Typing:

Stats: 100/50/100/60/100/80 (normal Azumarill stats but with +20 Def, Sp. Def and +30 Speed), BST 490
Signature Move:
Adamant Assault (110 BP |
| Physical | 100% Accuracy | 16 PP | This move hits for neutral damage on 2x and 4x resisted targets. Ignores Water Absorb, Dry Skin, Storm Drain, Sun, and anything else that will lower or cancel the power of the move. It does not, however, ignore defense boosts. Super effective/boosted damage will not change.)
Move Description: adamantazu rushes in and strikes the opponent multiple times. True to his name, he stubbornly insists that the move hits for at least neutral damage.
Signature Item: Adamant Booster
Item Description: If the user is adamantazu and the nature is Adamant, Atk is boosted by 50% and Sp. Atk is decreased by 50% (instead of 10%).
(It is up to 50% because I wanted to make the power boost greater than Life Orb. 50% gives it a 36% power boost when compared to the usual 10%, because 150%/110%=136%.)

adamantazu @ Adamant Booster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Adamant Assault
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
adamantazu @ Adamant Booster/Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe OR 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD (Could you code it so that it randomizes the two spreads? Thanks!)
Adamant Nature
- Adamant Assault
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

holy shit the word "adamant" now looks like it's spelled incorrectly because I've looked at it so fucking much

Edit 1: Nerfed Adamant Assault (it now doesn't ignore defense boosts)
Edit 2: Following the rule change, added +30 Speed and +20 defenses. BST is now 490.
Edit 3: Added gender

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:ss/gastrodon-east:
Name: Finland
Typing: Water / Ground
Signature Move: Mare Karelia (0 BP | Water | Special | 100% Accuracy | Halves the target's current HP. Restores the user's HP by however much damage was dealt. Fails against foes with less than 25% HP.)
Move Description: Halves the target's current HP. Restores the user's HP by however much damage was dealt.
Signature Ability: Sluggy Slug: Gains +6 Speed if hit with a Water-type move.
Signature Item: Helix Fossil
Item Description: Damages direct physical or special attackers for 1/8 of their maximum HP.
Sets:
Gastrodon-East @ Helix Fossil
Quirky Nature
Ability: Sluggy Slug
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Seed Bomb
- Bonemerang
- Aura Sphere
- Mare Karelia

Gastrodon-East @ Helix Fossil
Quirky Nature
Ability: Sluggy Slug
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ancient Power
- Moongeist Beam
- Mare Karelia

Name: VTaxi

Typing:
1619847090223.png
|
1619847042473.png

Signature Move: Takeoff (120 BP |
1619847042473.png
| Physical | 100% | 15 PP)

Move Description: User carries target into the air and hurls target back to the ground.

Signature Ability: Reinforced Steel

Ability Description: When a Pokémon with Reinforced Steel is hit by an attack, its Defense and Special Defense rise by one stage.

Signature Item: (Taxinium Z | Physical | 200 BP | Flying)

Item Description: Turns VTaxi's Takeoff into Trememdous Transcending Towering Taxi Terminator Thrust. Uses the user's Defense stat instead of its Attack stat to calculate damage.

Sets:
VTaxi @ Leftovers
Ability: Reinforced Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Roost
- Takeoff / Defog
- U-turn

VTaxi @ Taxinium Z
Ability: Reinforced Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Roost
- Takeoff
- U-turn​

Last edited:
:ss/solosis: (but its shiny)
Name: Snessy!

Typing: Psychic/Fairy

Stats: 100/1/100/150/100/39

Signature Move: haha (100 BP | Fairy | 100% | Lowers the foe's defense and special defense by 2 stages and raises their attack by 1 | also its a special move)

Move Description: bane of the discord server's existence

Signature Ability: random number gen

Ability Description: All of this pokemon's moves will be chosen randomly. Better have good luck.

Signature Item: condom

Item Description: All of this pokemon's moves are super effective against Grass types and Poison types.

Sets:

Snessy! @condom
Modest Nature
Ability: random number gen
EVs: 128 Def/252 SpA/128 SpD
-Psyshock
-Moonblast
-Recover
-haha

Snessy! eviolite
Modest Nature
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
-Acid Armor
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-haha

edit: nerfed it
edit 2: nerfed it again
edit 3: nerfed it AGAIN >:(

Last edited:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
:ss/wingull: :bw/wingull: :ss/wingull:
Name: Albatross
Typing: Water/Flying
Stats: 75/40/100/125/85/75 BST: 500
Abilities: Strong Jaw (bird with teeth, got that Strong Jaw)/Casanova
Intimidate clone; on switch-in, if the opposing Pokemon is female then its incredible good looks, charisma and overall good personality will overwhelm her and make her drop her guard, causing her Defence and Special Defence to drop by one stage. Alternatively, if the opposing Pokemon is male/genderless, its Attack and Special Attack will drop by one stage, because it's illegal to hit a woman in 49/50 states and half of Europe

Movepool: Pelipper's Movepool + Flip Turn (why doesn't Pelipper get this normally??), Crunch & Elemental Fangs (for flavour) (no signature move)

Signature Item: Moist Skull
If the user is Albatross, attacks are calculated as though the user is under permanent rain: Fire-type moves will deal 50% less damage, Water-type moves will deal 50% more, Weather Ball is always a water type move, Thunder + Hurricane bypass the accuracy check, etc etc. User still takes damage from Sandstorm/Hail.
If Harsh Sun is up then Moist Skull overrides it (Fire-type attacks will still do less damage & Water-type attacks will still do more), unless this can't be coded, in which case do whatever's easier ig

Sets:

Albatross @ Moist Skull
Ability: Casanova
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam/Flip Turn
- Roost

This set fucks. A lot of things drop to Moist Skull boosted Weather Ball/Hurricane, and Casanova allows it to soften up opponents for itself or its team. Special attacks murder it though, and Albatross straight up cannot survive an Electric-type attack. Additionally, since Albatross relies on its item for its sexy sexy damage output, Knock Off is basically a death wish for it.

Albatross @ Moist Skull
Ability: Casanova
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Defog/Hurricane
- Flip Turn/Knock Off/Scald
- Roost

Basically everything above, but more defensive. Defog is just Defog, Knock Off is just Knock Off, Scald is good for fishing for burns, Weather Ball absolutely slays and Roost is just Roost. I'll be honest I can't be bothered to run the calcs for this. Knock Off still fucks it, Electric-type attacks still fuck it, special attackers still fuck it, nothing new here. I think you'd want to switch in to get Casanova, click Knock Off/Defog, then Flip Turn out? Idk I'm tired

EDIT: -10 to Attack as per the new BST rule

:ss/wingull: :bw/wingull: :ss/wingull:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)