Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega forms are temporary? damn well I can't say I didn't expect that esp after reading "supercharged". I like the Mega forms except for Absol (Am I the only one that thinks MegaAbsol kinda looks like a RREEVO of absol?!!).

I hate Gogoat pre-evo and the bunny. The pikachu like hamster (?) is w/e.

Oh and Mawile being Steel/Fairy yup more and more confirmation to the pokebeach rumors. As if we needed more proof.

Also, inb4 Smash Bros should include mega forms.

Megamawile has the unfortunate combination of being frail and slow. Sucker punch makes it the biggest will-o-wisp bait ever. Mawile's typing may help it switch in on Dragon moves if there is indeed an immunity, but otherwise it struggles to enter even on resisted moves. I adore Mawile, and I want it to be good, but right now this has such Slaking feel to it. Some stuff that sounds amazing on its own, which is ruined by another aspect of the pokemon.
Yeah but that can easily be fixed with heal bell, aromatherapy, or simply some prediction with a fire type on the team.

Mega forms are temporary? damn well I can't say I didn't expect that esp after reading "supercharged". I like the Mega forms except for Absol (Am I the only one that thinks MegaAbsol kinda looks like a RREEVO of absol?!!).

I hate Gogoat pre-evo and the bunny. The pikachu like hamster (?) is w/e.

Oh and Mawile being Steel/Fairy yup more and more confirmation to the pokebeach rumors. As if we needed more proof.

Also, inb4 Smash Bros should include mega forms.
Can we just take a moment and appreciate that the leaker did not leak out Mega Evolutions
well done, guy, you made Inkay's evolution & dual type attacks seem the most ridiulous thing

So you maybe I'll have better luck here than on serebii since it's a slower thread

See the image right next to megaabsol

what is that? It doesn't look like mega absol or absol, but I doubt it's an all new Pokemon
Pretty sure it is Virizion or Shaymin-Sky... :o

pokejungle says

1. PokéJungle ‏@pokejungle24m
    #MegaXY fact: The process is called "Mega Evolution"... even though you won't see these Mega Pokemon outside of battle :(

2. PokéJungle ‏@pokejungle33m
    #MegaXY fact: Mega Pokemon are NOT evolutions, NOR forms. More like... charged-versions of themselves

3. PokéJungle ‏@pokejungle37m
    #MegaXY fact: Mega Evolutions are ONLY USABLE DURING BATTLE
Thank FUCKING god. Well now nothing else to see here who cares about megapokemans.

This justifies them looking just like upgraded dudes because well.....they ARE just upgraded dudes! They don't don't take up any space in the pokedex so that's all I care about. Thank god.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pokéjungle isn't the most reliable source, but they did post this tidbit that I haven't seen elsewhere:
Mega evolutions are only accessible during battle
Assuming this is true, I'm hoping these mega evolutions come from one-use items like X Speed/X Attack/etc. and are only available for a short time in a single battle. If Smogon sticks to its guns, this would mean mega evolutions wouldn't really be seen in standard play since we don't allow the use of in-battle items.

Now I know why I don't like megaforms: Pokemon EX
I really dislike Pokemon EX, and that's what these feel like to me.

EDIT: Mega Mawile in trick room could wreck. There we go, figured it out. I feel better now.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Well I thought they would be exaggerating a bit more... but this actually is pretty big news. Dat mega-ampharos wow.

I still can't get over the ability of Megatwo

Everyone else gets great abilities.
Megaken gets Speed Boost, which it can probably take advantage of even better than normal
Adaptability is an amazing ability on Lucario
Mold Breaker is....okay i guess but hey dragon typing on Amphy!
Huge Power is a boon to Mawile even if it doesn't get a stat increase
Mirror Bounce is useful sometimes

But then Megatwo gets Insomnia

I still can't get over the ability of Megatwo

Everyone else gets great abilities.
Megaken gets Speed Boost, which it can probably take advantage of even better than normal
Adaptability is an amazing ability on Lucario
Mold Breaker is....okay i guess but hey dragon typing on Amphy!
Huge Power is a boon to Mawile even if it doesn't get a stat increase
Mirror Bounce is useful sometimes

But then Megatwo gets Insomnia
I know man, so trolled

I really like the mega evolutions. I wonder if the Mega-stones are held items that transform the pokemon into its mega-evolution when entering a battle. That would force you to choose between using a mega-evolution or letting it hold a "better" item like leftovers/choice items etc.

First reaction: rubbed my eyes.
Second reaction: LMFAO.
So this was the "Soop of the century'
I think no one thought about this.
rly leaks 7 days before? But april fools was 4 months ago
Anyway im freakin out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)