Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the new Pickuppers, does anyone have an idea concerning "Cheek Pouches"? I'm hoping it's a "have to eat this to use the other item" ability. Like eat a berry, and hold the other stored item.
Maybe it can reuse berries a certain amount of times? Sort of like harvest, I guess, but not infinitely renewable.

Yes
Like storing food
ie: berries

mechanically it holds one berry, but the ability pretends like its storing multiple berries or whatever
Oh, I was implying storing multiple different items (2-3), yet I see what you mean. Imagine my problem: Berries usually activate at low health. I wonder how you could keep a Pokemon alive long enough to utilize this ability? I only reason for 2x Sitrus Berry, but whatever.

For some reason, MegaAmpharos gives me a sort of Zeus vibe. I think that its hair resembles the hair many portrayals of Zeus display. Except, of course, the beard. I don't really know how to describe it well, but I like it! MegaAbsol and MegaBlaziken also impress me a lot.

For some reason, MegaAmpharos gives me a sort of Zeus vibe. I think that its hair resembles the hair many portrayals of Zeus display. Except, of course, the beard. I don't really know how to describe it well, but I like it! MegaAbsol and MegaBlaziken also impress me a lot.
I don't know about anyone else, but the models (& specialty artwork like megatwo vs megacrio) really endeared me more to the things

I don't know about anyone else, but the models (& specialty artwork like megatwo vs megacrio) really endeared me more to the things
Agreed.

The artwork made everything seem so weird, the ingame stuff looks much better.

Well, despite the fact that "Mega"Blaziken will now have 200 base atk, 200 base speed and speed boost.......

I do like garnier fructis "Mega"Ampharos.

Why? If this means what I think it means, then it could make battles a lot more interesting.
It probably means it's only available in battle not like relic song for Meloetta or only lasting three turns or something. If it's item related it'll activate as soon as it's in battle. ... I hope.

It probably means it's only available in battle not like relic song for Meloetta or only lasting three turns or something. If it's item related it'll activate as soon as it's in battle. ... I hope.
I guess what I'm hoping for is in-battle Mega Evolution criteria that require strategy, so you have to set it up.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet (since it jumped 18 pages overnight...) but...

If MegaBlaziken has an X and MegaLucario has a Y...then MegaAbsol has something like a reverse Z...
Maybe I'm looking into it too much but those three ARE at the top of the page and located next to each other..

Maybe the plot has something to do with those three :O
Or maybe not...

Not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet (since it jumped 18 pages overnight...) but...

If MegaBlaziken has an X and MegaLucario has a Y...then MegaAbsol has something like a reverse Z...
Maybe I'm looking into it too much but those three ARE at the top of the page and located next to each other..

Maybe the plot has something to do with those three :O
Or maybe not...
I'm sorry but this is another thing that people keep saying but makes no sense at all. Just because they happen to have a shape similar to x, y (absol doesn't have z anywhere -_-) doesn't mean a damn thing. I mean Lucario's isn't even a clear y at all. It's just fur people. Blaziken's is just feathers. NOTHING MORE

I'm sorry but this is another thing that people keep saying but makes no sense at all. Just because they happen to have a shape similar to x, y (absol doesn't have z anywhere -_-) doesn't mean a damn thing. I mean Lucario's isn't even a clear y at all. It's just fur people. Blaziken's is just feathers. NOTHING MORE
It's more of a S shape really...composed of his white emo bang and his black...spiky hair thing? A disconnected ying yang on his face :D

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yes
Like storing food
ie: berries

mechanically it holds one berry, but the ability pretends like its storing multiple berries or whatever
This is pretty much what I thought. It would suggest it could have 2 or maybe more activations of a specific berry or set of berries. Rodents usually store food for later in their pouches, so it would make sense. What would be better is if the first berry was eaten at say 75% and then the second at 25% (or that berry's normal activation point). It would be nice to be able to have two pinch berries, but it might be a nightmare in order to activate them both. Either that or this ability allows this Pokemon to have 2 (or more) Hold Items... Which may be pretty broken on them, but chances are they will be low tiered anyway.

In terms of the mega formes... I am slightly more sold on them now that they only seem to exist in battle with that item equipped. I wonder if it will be a last man standing type of thing where they go into Mega Mode if they are the only Pokemon left on your side of the field. That would be pretty cool but also kinda lame lol. I don't overly like any of the designs though. OH I KNOW LETS PUT MORE HAIR ON THEM. Imo its just lazy when they could of done more.

Also: Ten pages in 12 hours... Jeez D:

This is pretty much what I thought. It would suggest it could have 2 or maybe more activations of a specific berry or set of berries. Rodents usually store food for later in their pouches, so it would make sense. What would be better is if the first berry was eaten at say 75% and then the second at 25% (or that berry's normal activation point). It would be nice to be able to have two pinch berries, but it might be a nightmare in order to activate them both. Either that or this ability allows this Pokemon to have 2 (or more) Hold Items... Which may be pretty broken on them, but chances are they will be low tiered anyway.

In terms of the mega formes... I am slightly more sold on them now that they only seem to exist in battle with that item equipped. I wonder if it will be a last man standing type of thing where they go into Mega Mode if they are the only Pokemon left on your side of the field. That would be pretty cool but also kinda lame lol. I don't overly like any of the designs though. OH I KNOW LETS PUT MORE HAIR ON THEM. Imo its just lazy when they could of done more.

Also: Ten pages in 12 hours... Jeez D:
I think I'm okay with the designs amounting to more hair or such
The idea is to supercharge them and exaggerate their features while still keeping them recognizable to the base form.

Except newtwo because he's ~special~

So this is the new mechanic of gen 6. Digivole.
My thoughts exactly. If Gamefreak has to rip off other franchises to get their new ideas then they have clearly lost their way. At least I know I am not the only one who realises what a stupid idea mega evolutions are.

Well, despite the fact that "Mega"Blaziken will now have 200 base atk, 200 base speed and speed boost.......

I do like garnier fructis "Mega"Ampharos.
What a strange definition of "fact"

Still REALLY considering abandoning Pokemon for good because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)