Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in via Bulbanews

A list of trademarked names tied to Mega Evolution, involving names such as Aerodactyl, Gengar and Aggron.

Ninja'd. Yeah, might as well write it at once and edit it out if I weren't.
At this time these are not tied directly to mega evolutions.

Do not go assuming this list is a list of will-be megas until we have seen more megas match this list.

And even then, only during a convention.
At the end of the month.
Come on, marketing team. You can do more for us hungry fans.
No what they are doing is trying to make you more hungry so you'll buy their game day 1. Proper term is thirsty. Pokemon fans are thirsty for this game. Best thing they can do is leak little information, and cause big rumors (well fans make the rumors not Gamefreak).

No what they are doing is trying to make you more hungry so you'll buy their game day 1. Proper term is thirsty. Pokemon fans are thirsty for this game. Best thing they can do is leak little information, and cause big rumors (well fans make the rumors not Gamefreak).
Yeah...except no, none of that is going on right now. Tidbits of info was the thing up until May when people were grasping at straws after two months of complete silence from them at the beginning of the year. Their thing right now is revealing all the big stuff that's important to the game, which, while always rumor worthy thanks to speculation that branches off from each new piece of info, is nothing short of big scoops on gameplay. Following your logic, there's virtually no point in only allowing demos in three countries, as if letting for early play isn't going to effect the thirst in those markets in the slightest.

Yeah...except no, none of that is going on right now. Tidbits of info was the thing up until May when people were grasping at straws after two months of complete silence from them at the beginning of the year. Their thing right now is revealing all the big stuff that's important to the game, which, while always rumor worthy thanks to speculation that branches off from each new piece of info, is nothing short of big scoops on gameplay. Following your logic, there's virtually no point in only allowing demos in three countries, as if letting for early play isn't going to effect the thirst in those markets in the slightest.
I don't think that's what he's saying at all

So what exactly is this list that maybe has all the Pokemon that will get MegaEvos?
This list is an assortment of Pokemon that got trademarks for extended merchandise or something last year

They are:
Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo

Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross

Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron

Abomasnow

Because Kangaskhan, Mewtwo, Ampharos, & Absol all got megas, people believe that the rest are also getting Megas.

This list is an assortment of Pokemon that got trademarks for extended merchandise or something last year

They are:
Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo

Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross

Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron

Abomasnow

Because Kangaskhan, Mewtwo, Ampharos, & Absol all got megas, people believe that the rest are also getting Megas.
if this list is real and venusaur doesnt get one ill nuke someone

if this list is real and venusaur doesnt get one ill nuke someone
Right let's run this down.

Thing the first: Yes the list is real. Oh my god why is it that people are so hesitant to believe registered trademarks but trip over themselves to believe 4chan rumors
Number two: The list being real does not mean that all of these Pokemon are getting Mega forms.
Three: Even if all of these are Mega forms, this would not mean these are all the mega forms. As shown by the fact that Lucario, Blaziken and Mawile are nowhere in the list.

For the time being do not assume the list corresponds to mega evolutions. If the next batch has a lot of matches, then it will be safe to assume.

Right let's run this down.

Thing the first: Yes the list is real. Oh my god why is it that people are so hesitant to believe registered trademarks but trip over themselves to believe 4chan rumors
Number two: The list being real does not mean that all of these Pokemon are getting Mega forms.
Three: Even if all of these are Mega forms, this would not mean these are all the mega forms. As shown by the fact that Lucario, Blaziken and Mawile are nowhere in the list.

For the time being do not assume the list corresponds to mega evolutions. If the next batch has a lot of matches, then it will be safe to assume.
oook well
1.i try not ti belive rumors because no point getting my hopes up for nothing
2.i agree with this point actually
3.i know they are not going to be the only ones getting megaforms but i was saying if venusaur isn't getting one period and the other two were then id be pissed since those two starters were always overated and venusaur got no love

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, it's really easy for HiroByte to come out now and say one of the rumored Megas is real. For all you know, my father is John Gamefreak and he told me in my birthday there would be a MegaMissingNo..

Anyway, only two more weeks till the demo, and other four (sigh) for new Megas. Who knows.

Well, it's really easy for HiroByte to come out now and say one of the rumored Megas is real. For all you know, my father is John Gamefreak and he told me in my birthday there would be a MegaMissingNo..

Anyway, only two more weeks till the demo, and other four (sigh) for new Megas. Who knows.
Hiro said Scizor was getting a mega a few days ago before APPF's re-report on the trademarks, by the by

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I just noticed a probable issue with Mega Ampharos.

If it can only change in-battle, then it won't be able to learn Draco Meteor assuming the same mechanics to learning it still apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)