Well, long time since I've posted here...
I would like to have some deeper discussion about the Kalos region
With a quick look these are first things that pop up:
- It clearly is based on France. The shape of the land, the eiffel tower approximately there where Paris would be, rivers and so on. Of course little spiced up with deserts, mountains and glaciers.
- I'm glad to assume, that this time playthrough of the game is far from linear! I believe no one knows where the starting city is placed, but none the less it seems almost impossible to make playthrough so straightforward. All the rivers and roads connecting cities seems to form a kind of "web".
Well, then the further analysis. (I apologize if some of these are mentioned earlier):
- I calculated total of 14 cities. One of which must be Pokemon League. I would love to find someone with great photoshop skills to circle all the assumed cities from the image with red, highlight rivers with blue and roads with green and so on. That would also help the discussion about the matter.
- I can see 3 visible caves in the region. One huge cavesystem with at least 5 entrances at the south-west of the region. Then one located north from aforementioned, another side of the river. Then finally another huge cave at north-east, which seems to be kind of Ice cave. I'm quite satisfied of the amount and especially about the locations of them. (I'm referring to Sinnoh, which I loathed when talking about caves)
- We've seen game footage taken in the forest. There seems to be quite many forests, do you believe the major of them are in use, or just aesthetics?
- There are so many little details that I'm really delighted about! The lighthouse, stonehenge like of thing, some wooden structure, a lonely island, some large water container, hydroelectric power-plant(s) (???), wind turbines... There's that purple thingie at the glacier... The lonely green blob at south-east... WOW... Last generation was almost just bridges after bridges, but this..!
- I don't believe it's possible to say which ones are gym-cities or which ones have certainly some special meaning. I'd welcome some opinions about this. Only thing what I can assume "for sure", is that there's going to be ice-type gym.
I'm sure I forgot about something, but you can add it up!
Now to the new pokemons:
- Pancham: First thought - awesome. It reminds me of this fakemon
. Final evo Grass/Fighting?
- Fletchling: Nice touch in my opinion. I would love to believe there's a deeper idea behind this one. I mean: It starts out as Normal/Flying, but it'd evolve into Fire/Flying? It learns Flame Charge, but yeah, I know the idea is a bit farfetched.
- Gogoat: I like the desing. I wonder will it evolve further, or is this its final form...
- Helioptile: Looks like a total derp. But yeah, typing is a nice touch and its evolution might be something spectacular!
That's all I and my son had to share with you!