Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, in order to see what probably will be boosted by mega launcher, you need to look at JAPANESE move names, not english, js, water and dark pulse just have a consistent enough japanese-english(by that I mean they have something to do with pulse in both languages) name to be boosted. Also another reason why CC and SP don't get boosted by iron fist since the japanese name for sucker punch is "surprise attack"

EDIT: If hydro pump ends up being boosted, and rain is not banned by the release of a blastoisenite event, I'm seriously thinking of perma-quitting OU, that hydro TOO strongth

EDIT 2: guys, I just used my local mod of honko's calc, look at this fucking power

"252+ SpA Choice Specs Mega Launcher Mega - Blastoise Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 208 SpD Ferrothorn in rain: 223-263 (63.35 - 74.71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO"

kso, tell me when this threat is suspected, stall lives no longer
blastoise wont be able to choice specs + mega launcher ability

I'm probably slow to the realization but since each Megamon has a species specific stone to allow it to go 'Mega' does this mean that an entire team could be Mega?

I had assumed that it was just going to be one item (generic Mega Stone) which would trigger the item clause. Now though there is every indication that the item clause would not be triggered. Kinda weird to think that apart from just the regular things to expect in a battle we now have to also worry about a M-evo possibility.

Has there been any discussion of an updated 'Pokemon Pokedex Strategy Guide' for this generation? I know there is the 'official strategy guide' but there is no indication that it has every 'mon, its moves, typing, etc etc.

A water type priority ohkoing on a x4 super effectiveness is kind of different.
Coming off my empoleons terrible Atk (Modest Nature), and Golems fairly good defense just makes me think a dragon one wouldn't be broken. Especially since it's only super effective on other dragons.

Coming off my empoleons terrible Atk (Modest Nature), and Golems fairly good defense just makes me think a dragon one wouldn't be broken. Especially since it's only super effective on other dragons.
This is still apples and oranges, though.
Aqua Jet decimates in specific instances.
A dragon type priority would be amazing for the same reason any dragon type move is: Because of the dragon wielding it.

This is still apples and oranges, though.
Aqua Jet decimates in specific instances.
A dragon type priority would be amazing for the same reason any dragon type move is: Because of the dragon wielding it.
Pretty much this. Regardless of the whether or not the move is broken by other types, when Rayquaza, Zekrom, Garchomp, Lati@s, and other amazing pokes get STAB on it, its a strong move.

Well, I guess we'll see if this is still true post-XY

I find it kind of odd that nobody has brought up Extremespeed in this circumstance. Normal is very similar to Dragon offensively, as they both have one type immune to them now and 1 or 2 resistances.

For example, Raquaza would certainly use Extremespeed over the, say, 40BP priority dragon move because it would do more damage even with STAB, 60BP after the calculation compared to ES' 80.
Same goes for Dragonite too.

Besides, so what if the likes of Salamence or Megachomp get a priority move? Salamence is in a remarkable speed tier anyway and Megachomp won't be doing a whole ton with a 40BP move unless its attack is through the roof. Considering the fact that they also plan to boost its Special Attack as well, I don't think its attack is going to get an extreme buff.

*blinks*

You know Empoleon are Special Attackers, right? Aqua Jet is better with other Pokemon, but I get your point. A priority Dragon-type move would be interesting, and would be really good for Dragons overall. Having neutral damage to most of the types means that it would do some damage to the majority of the Pokemon.

As for how it would affect the new metagame, it would likely define a core team setup (Fairy/Dragon/Steel/etc./etc./etc.).

To chime in about tomorrow's announcement, maybe it's about the teaser at the end of that Pokémon Game Show video. Though I'd be happy even if it goes like this:

"Hello everyone."
"This is Oorotto, here are all his names."
"Here is its type and ability."
"Goodbye"

To chime in about tomorrow's announcement, maybe it's about the teaser at the end of that Pokémon Game Show video. Though I'd be happy even if it goes like this:

"Hello everyone."
"This is Oorotto, here are all his names."
"Here is its type and ability."
"Goodbye"
It likely will barely involve XY otherwise it'd proabbly be worldwide
It definitely would be worldwide if it was announcing the teased game.

I'm probably slow to the realization but since each Megamon has a species specific stone to allow it to go 'Mega' does this mean that an entire team could be Mega?

I had assumed that it was just going to be one item (generic Mega Stone) which would trigger the item clause. Now though there is every indication that the item clause would not be triggered. Kinda weird to think that apart from just the regular things to expect in a battle we now have to also worry about a M-evo possibility.

Has there been any discussion of an updated 'Pokemon Pokedex Strategy Guide' for this generation? I know there is the 'official strategy guide' but there is no indication that it has every 'mon, its moves, typing, etc etc.
It doesn't look like anyone else answered, so I'll do so.

They mentioned a couple times ("they" being Game Freak) that they will be limiting the number of Megas per battle to one per team. I assume they will do this through either the amount of Pokemon able to hold their Mega Stone, or maybe having the watch only able to go off once per battle. However, this could really expand our options and give us the ability to have certain Pokemon all hold their stone, but the opponent may not know which one we choose to go Mega. So many options, but only one per team per battle.

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
lol i love how Zoroark just stands there and takes it and then after the huge explosion thing is over he sort of barely flinches
It's because he knows that Mewtwo X just gave him a free turn to Foul Play the hell out of him.
EDIT: Just saw that Zoroark lost all its HP from the attack. Still has that free turn, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)