Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of like these new designs, as they gave the normal/flying type and "route 1 rodent like pokemon" diffenren colour schemes. They look way better than the brown/grey designs that every other bird pokemon has.

Character customization. About time.

I like the grass ram and the panda. I don't know why there is another normal/flying bird, same concept for pretty much every generation. The mawile thing looks eh.

First time I saw the Panda I thought it was Dark/Grass because of it's colour scheme (black and white with a leaf in its mouth).
Here's hoping it evolves into a dual type because the game is oversaturated with pure fighting types.

I'm really excited for the character customization, that will be so awesome!

Out of the new released Pokemon, I only really like the goat one, not too big of a fan of the other ones.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Am I allowed to be a killjoy?

We see the characters sitting on one Pokémon in one setting, namely the street of a single city, next to a tiled sidewalk. Is it possible that what we see is just a "ride a Gogoat down the street" minigame instead of a full-fledged "ride your Pokémon"-feature?

Remember that Amity Square featured Pokémon walking with you. A whooping 11 of them, 9 more in Platinum. It wasn't until HGSS that everything was walkable. This might be a limited, Pokémon-exclusive feature for now.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
One of the upcoming pages centers around Gogoat. I doubt they would dedicate an entire page to a one-off minigame. It is possible that Gogoat is the only Pokémon you can ride, but I doubt you can only ride it in one place.

Oh man, that Electric Lizard's gotta be my favorite out of the four new Pokemon we got. I'm thinking that he'll get an evolution too, which should be nice. The goat, robin and panda are all pretty sweet as well. But yeah, if we can ride Gogoat around, can we ride on other Pokemon like Rapidash, Mamoswine, Girafarig, etc?

I get the feeling that Parabola Charge is a physical version of Volt Change and Parting Remark is a fighting version of U-turn. The names give that impression but that's all I'm going off.

It's nice to finally get some new info. Let's hope it's really a huge scoop.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Bulbanews reports that Gogoat can only be ridden in Miare City. We'll see if that's correct soon.

I can't wait for the dust to settle, text to be translated and clearer scans to come in. We see Chespin's move page in the bottom left (too blurry to make out details), the region map (also in the background of the first scan, note the building in front of Gogoat), and also Xerneas and Yveltal lurking at the sides. Just below Yveltal's nose, a quadrupedal Pokémon can be seen. It looks a lot like Gogoat, but appears to be a lot brighter, almost yellow. Shiny form, evolution or just rendering?

Man, this almost makes up for the lack of news since Sylveon's reveal.

EDIT: Is that supposed to be a skirt? Our heroine is also wider around the knees than around the waist. And her neck is thinner than her wrists. Proportions!

I'm actually really exited about the Panda Pokemon. A Panda was one of those species that GameFreak hasn't made a Pokemon based off of that is actually legitimate. (ie not Spinda) The wierd thing is I guessed a panda would be a Grass/Fighting type a few months ago, but I was really close (Fighting-type and it seems to have a leaf in its mouth). It will probably go on my team unless its stats are god awful. Now they just need a Dolphin of some sort.

The ram and other thing look decent but I think the bird lacks emotional appeal (hardly a mouth on that beak), and just comes off as too generic to me, but its not something I dislike.

Maybe "Ride" could be a new move. Like Fly or dive, it can have an effect in combat and outside of combat it can be used to ride fully evolved pokemon instead of a bike.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
The scan TheMantyke posted above shows the first page in clearer detail. On the very left, Chespin's moves can be seen quite clearly. Anybody feel like translating?

Also note all the buildings in the background. And we seem to get a proper river for the first time since Hoenn. Let's hope it's surfable all the way down.

I hope they don't reveal too much.

I'm a sucker for new information, but I don't want to spoil myself completely.

Ok, my thoughts on EVERYTHING:
The Panda: YES! This looks awesome.
The Bird: Doesn't look the best, but I'm hoping it's the starting bird! One with more color! And a robin? Count me in!
The Deer: Evo of the seasonal deer? Not my favorite. I like how you can ride it.
The Elec Lizard: Interesting, looks very unusual.
Boxart (Which no one seems to have mentioned): OMG AMAZING
Region: Looks pretty nice
Character Customization: FINALLY

Edit: On Serebii is a close up of the customization. THREE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM OF EACH GENDER!
Also look there for the cover, with the boxart of the games.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Finally going to post in one of these now that I actually have something to say...

Anyway, that girl seriously has some nice legs...stockings and a skirt are like one of my ultimate fetishes ever >____> I can't wait to play as her! o3o

Anyway, aside from my lusting, I do really like that there is going to be character customization, although I'm not entirely sure what the extent of that is. One of my most favorite things about the Pokemon games is that the character is so vague and barely says anything, allowing the player to basically attribute any characteristics and personality on that character as he or she wished. In short words, you were basically able to make the character whoever you wanted. So, I think that customization will really be a great thing in this regard, as now your own personal character can now have his or her very own personal look.

Also, props to Stellar for doing such a great job with this thread so far :)

Finally going to post in one of these now that I actually have something to say...

Anyway, that girl seriously has some nice legs...stockings and a skirt are like one of my ultimate fetishes ever >____> I can't wait to play as her! o3o

Anyway, aside from my lusting, I do really like that there is going to be character customization, although I'm not entirely sure what the extent of that is. One of my most favorite things about the Pokemon games is that the character is so vague and barely says anything, allowing the player to basically attribute any characteristics and personality on that character as he or she wished. In short words, you were basically able to make the character whoever you wanted. So, I think that customization will really be a great thing in this regard, as now your own personal character can now have his or her very own personal look.

Also, props to Stellar for doing such a great job with this thread so far :)
Well, actually, there's just three characters of each gender, and they all look similar.

Guy (all same style)
Blonde
Brown Hair
Brown Hair Dark Skin

Girl
Blonde
Brunette
Black hair dark skin

Also Serebii just retweeted this:
Fun Fact: Elikiteru is the first Pokémon to have Normal-type as its secondary type
Anyone know the meaning?

Oh, so the lizard guy is Electric/Normal. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)