Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
The bulbagarden thing that was posted earlier isn't a translation. Do they understand japanese over there? To me, it just sounds like them speculating the same as we have.
Please tell me that you are only joking/ trolling.
If you aren't, I suggest you to at least read up the basic information.

Also, don't you know how much work has to be involved when doing a word by word translation, especially when English and Japanese are from different linguistic families!?
Have you learnt a foreign language before?

No one's going to do a word to word just because of someone they don't know wants one.
(Unless he owns a really huge website then he might reconsider.)

All we can do is a summary of the crucial bits.
I for one, am not speculating about the weakness towards poison-- the male staff said it. And the strong against ice thing is also valid.

Much of the episode is horsing around doing nothing anyway, so what's the point of translating all of that?

@jynx I think you have a page or so to catch up on. And most of what you just said didn't make sense as a response anyway.

Edit: @Lelouch6 Seriously, the translation has been discussed for a full page already. We know what they were testing.

I understand the logic in assuming that because it broke ice that it would be strong against ice, but were these tests not to validate whether or not Sylveon were a specific type? Ie: If it fails the ice test its not an ice type, if it fails the fighting test its not a fighting type. Taken this way we're left with far more options. It's pretty notable though that its not poison or steel. Up until now the eeveelutions have all been resistant towards their own type (eevee is not an eeveelution). so poison and steel were my guesses for the type, I don't know why they tried fighting but their testing those two types was logical.

I thought of something rather interesting...

At the last bit of the Smash episode, the girl playing as Sylveon got a call and ran off somewhere. Wouldn't it be a shocker if she was picking up her brother from an airport who also happens to be from Philadelphia and is dressed in a new eevee costume that represents a Dragon?
I know I'm not suppose to post any out-there ideas, but think about it; When Espeon/Umbreon was introduced in the same generation, Umbreon had the type advantage. Skip to 4th gen when Leafeon/Glaceon was introduced, Glaceon had the type advantage. If Fairy is suppose to resist and be SE against Dragon, shouldn't they release another Eevee(They've always came in pairs with one weak against or resist the other) for this generation's pair?

Sorry if it's breaking the rules since it's just a random speculation idea. It's my 1st post on Smogon. Hi Everybody!

So about that shift gear/blaze kick/Extreme speed genesect. I gotta say, they are over doing it with the speed it even has a choice scarf.
About Cosplay!sylveon , why did they mention she's from Philadel"phia" and as far as the comedy skit goes, they are strongly applying that it's a new type, because the only type that has characteristics like that is rock type and it sure as hell doesn't look like a rock type.

I think her attack was super effective vs Ice, because otherwise why would they have brought up Steel as a typing?

-she is not a fighting type
-she is super-effective vs ice
-obviously not a fire type because flareon

= steel type or rock type

Then they go on to prove that it can't be Steel or Rock because poison had such an affect on her (if she was rock, it wouldn't have been very affective either)

Somewhere, a Weavile is crying in a corner.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Straight from Serebii:
"It confirms that the main movie distribution is to be a shiny Genesect with Extremspeed, Blaze Kick and Shift Gear and holds the Choice Scarf."

Well we're f**ked now.

I think her attack was super effective vs Ice, because otherwise why would they have brought up Steel as a typing?

-she is not a fighting type
-she is super-effective vs ice
-obviously not a fire type because flareon

= steel type or rock type

Then they go on to prove that it can't be Steel or Rock because poison had such an affect on her (if she was rock, it wouldn't have been very affective either)

Somewhere, a Weavile is crying in a corner.
Because ice totally needs another weakness :/

Straight from Serebii:
"It confirms that the main movie distribution is to be a shiny Genesect with Extremspeed, Blaze Kick and Shift Gear and holds the Choice Scarf."

Well we're f**ked now.
Well it's banishment to ubers is even more justified now.

It'd be weird if the new type is really weak to fighting/strong against ice though. I mean why make fighting even stronger and ice even weaker? And if the rumors about it resisting/being immune to dark are true, then Weavile really is not going to be a happy chappy unless it gets some seriously strong new fighting type attack this gen. Here's hoping.

I decided to play devil's advocate by crossed referencing the points from Smash posted above except substituting the phrase "Sylveon hits X type for super effective damage" with "Sylveon can at least damage X type with its STAB moves".

What we know
1 -Sylveon isn't a fighting type
2 -Sylveon's STAB moves can damage ice types
3 -Sylveon can be damaged by poison type attacks

1 and 3 automatically eliminate fighting and steel types as discussed before. Now the question is which of the remaining types - Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, and Dragon - can damage ice types and still be damaged by poison? Answer: All of them. Yikes, we still have seven types left!

Now if the Smash team is smart (Yeah, I couldn't say that with a strait face), and provided they do this again next week with the same pattern (i.e. a guess at Sylveon's type, X type against Sylveon's STAB, and X-type attacking Sylveonn , they should see if Sylveon can hit flying and normal types - thereby, confirming one way or the other about Ground and Ghost types. Since those are the only two immunities left to test against sylveon's stab - and pick one of the remaining types as the guess.

In conclusion, we have a much better idea what type Slyveon can be. And if they the Smash crew plays their cards right (statistically, it's possible) We can have the field narrowed to four of the remaining types at most, or, in WCS, narrowed only to six -provided, of course, if do a similar segment on Slyveon next week.

So Sylveon easily loses to a fighting type, experiences no difficulty in breaking ice whilst being affected by poison... Now obviously it can not be the same as any other eeveelution type, but, it does come alone (without a partner eevelution).

It's clearly still plausible that it is a normal type, don't overthink it!

normal

> easily loses to fighting
> has no dificulty with breaking ice
> is affected by poison

So Sylveon easily loses to a fighting type, experiences no difficulty in breaking ice whilst being affected by poison... Now obviously it can not be the same as any other eeveelution type, but, it does come alone (without a partner eevelution).

normal

> is affected by poison
The 'super effective' text didn't pop up for fighting though, but it did for poison. Why would they draw so much attention to the fact that it doesn't handle poison well?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
@jynx I think you have a page or so to catch up on. And most of what you just said didn't make sense as a response anyway.

Edit: @Lelouch6 Seriously, the translation has been discussed for a full page already. We know what they were testing.
I did read that page.

It didn't make sense?
Wow but excuse me, but would you please tell me why the hell did it not make sense?
Which part of it did not make sense?

I was merely pointing out that a lot of effort is needed when translating something word by word which makes perfect sense AND implying that they definitely have staff who are affluent in Japanese "over there".
I suggest you to take a foreign language course -- so you can get a better picture of how things work.

So you didn't provide anything to back up with your argument about me not making sense, it basically means that you can accuse me for anything that comes out of your mind because you don't have to give a reason in the first place.

I absolutely do not tolerate people accusing me for stuff that doesn't exist, especially to those who fail to give a very persuasive and specific reason.

w8 in that city is that the EIFFEL TOWER?????????!

so the region is in europe?????

and is that character riding a goat so theres a new hm besides surf,rock smash,etc and sylveon is flying type

Yveltal resembles a blood vessel i dont know which is it

Because poison was so in vogue in gen 1?

Actually, poison is probably better now than it has ever been.
It's still one of the worst types though. If they make a new type hopefully it hinders Steel and Dragon too, since they dominate OU, and you find there's not many with good stats leftover for the lower tiers.

Maybe one day Hidden Power Poison can actually see use lol.

normal

> is affected by poison
When Sylveon came along, she said she wasn't any of the types from the other eevee forms. Eevee itself is included, so normal is shot.

To take a break from the endless back and forth of Slyveon's type, anyone else really looking forward to Parting Remark?

According to Serebii, it's basically U-turn with an unknown typing that lowers an unknown stat before you switch out. I'm thinking this move will definitely see competitive use in Gen VI.

I'm hoping for some big changes to the battle system or a big defining move like Stealth Rock. Something to shake things up a little and that would make things a lot more exciting. That was one of the reasons BW disappointed me, triple battles? Lol.

Good. I would have been seriously disappointed if we had gotten a perfectly fine circle pad to use but could only turn at 90-degree angles. -_-

Now if the Smash team is smart (Yeah, I couldn't say that with a strait face), and provided they do this again next week with the same pattern (i.e. a guess at Sylveon's type, X type against Sylveon's STAB, and X-type attacking Sylveonn , they should see if Sylveon can hit flying and normal types - thereby, confirming one way or the other about Ground and Ghost types. Since those are the only two immunities left to test against sylveon's stab - and pick one of the remaining types as the guess.

In conclusion, we have a much better idea what type Slyveon can be. And if they the Smash crew plays their cards right (statistically, it's possible) We can have the field narrowed to four of the remaining types at most, or, in WCS, narrowed only to six -provided, of course, if do a similar segment on Slyveon next week.
Again, http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/10/more-pokemon-x-and-y-news-coming-may-19-possibly-before/. I can't stress this enough people. Maybe Masuda will talk about something totally unrelated to Sylveon, but I doubt it given the timing.
Looks like we can walk diagonally now like we could in Col/XD
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:XY_Prerelease_walking_diagonally.png
YES!! Honestly, this is probably the best thing I've heard about x/y these past couple of days.
I did read that page.

It didn't make sense?
Wow but excuse me, but would you please tell me why the hell did it not make sense?
Which part of it did not make sense?

I was merely pointing out that a lot of effort is needed when translating something word by word which makes perfect sense AND implying that they definitely have staff who are affluent in Japanese "over there".
I suggest you to take a foreign language course -- so you can get a better picture of how things work.

So you didn't provide anything to back up with your argument about me not making sense, it basically means that you can accuse me for anything that comes out of your mind because you don't have to give a reason in the first place.

I absolutely do not tolerate people accusing me for stuff that doesn't exist, especially to those who fail to give a very persuasive and specific reason.
Cool your tits. It was just silly of you to throw so many accusations at me when I simply wanted to see a translation. I never implied it was easy to learn japanese, that it should be made solely for me, or anything weird like that. And what was really funny was that I was the one who ended up providing you with a translation from a guy at bulbagarden before you even raged at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)