Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Really? I understand the cultural differences, but let's not pretend that little kids from any region of the world are lacking in ignorance.

The water may or may not be a barrier, who knows? Buoys typically signal a drop off and deeper waters, so it could easily be a diving region or an area which requires backtracking after obtaining a new HM.

I think the battle interface is a work in progress at this point. It looks too unprofessional to me. It's easy to change and I'm sure they still have a ton of work to do before it's released for certification.
Starting education early does not necessarily affect one's intelligence. It isn't necessarily a good thing neither-- many end up memorizing everything without understanding it, which is why people are willing to pay over 10 times more in tuition fees for kids to study in Europe/ USA.

But the fact is that they start it very early, and end up being told tonnes of facts.
They get hours of homework everyday from primary school on wards.
No childhood, not much fun, creativity and imagination get suppressed.

Maybe they could introduce the Pokedex in battle so that you can, instead of using a move, use the Pokedex to fill in the data of the opposing pokemon instead of having to catch it to find out about it. This would be good because for the people that like to fill in the whole pokedex, they don't have to trade over certain pokemon and can just find someone ingame with that pokemon in their party, have a battle with them and fill in the information about their pokemon.

Really? I understand the cultural differences, but let's not pretend that little kids from any region of the world are lacking in ignorance.

The water may or may not be a barrier, who knows? Buoys typically signal a drop off and deeper waters, so it could easily be a diving region or an area which requires backtracking after obtaining a new HM.

I think the battle interface is a work in progress at this point. It looks too unprofessional to me. It's easy to change and I'm sure they still have a ton of work to do before it's released for certification.
As stated before, Japanese children learn about mythology and such far earlier than children in the US. This is a fact.

The carts need to start being made in mid-late September. The game is near-final. They've probably moved on to bug testing by now.

Now I'm not too sure what Team Flare's motive could be, the money-making scheme seems to be masked in a similiar fashion to Team Plasma's goals, simply because it's too generic. I mean come on, we have eco-terrorism and rebirth of the whole damn world, and now they want to revert back to hogging loads of cash? Hardly "evil", unless said method can match or even somehow trump the scale of previous villainous plots, and even then they have Team Rocket to compete with.

How do you top destroying the world & remaking it in your image, though?
Even the two gen 5 plots didn't have that; they were "just" taking over the world plots at their core. Well, taking over Unova but I think the World was supposed to go after that.
Not every plot has to top itself in terms of scale and I think eeeevil money-making schemes can have a lot of variety to them.

Besides we have legends based on Life & Death Destruction this go around. There's clearly going to be something that goes horribly awry.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Considering the legendaries' theme, it does look to be pretty apparent the evil Team would f**k something up pretty badly, unless GF throws a curveball at us as opposed to the somewhat anticlimactic reveal of 'world domination' Team Plasma had going for it in BW1 (Ghetsis is super obvious lol).

Considering the legendaries' theme, it does look to be pretty apparent the evil Team would f**k something up pretty badly, unless GF throws a curveball at us as opposed to the somewhat anticlimactic reveal of 'world domination' Team Plasma had going for it in BW1 (Ghetsis is super obvious lol).
Alternatively I could see a scenario where Team Flare is offered some obscene amount of money from a third party to play part in said third party's much more sinister schemes.

Even the two gen 5 plots didn't have that; they were "just" taking over the world plots at their core. Well, taking over Unova but I think the World was supposed to go after that.
Not every plot has to top itself in terms of scale and I think eeeevil money-making schemes can have a lot of variety to them.

Besides we have legends based on Life & Death Destruction this go around. There's clearly going to be something that goes horribly awry.
Yeah that's the thing. It's kinda like Arceus in gen 4. I was wondering how gen 5 would be able to top the GOD of Pokemans. You can't really get much higher then destroying the world or taking over everything. So I think this Team Flamboyant will either be truly just returning to basics like team rocket or while they do only try to get more money they end up doing all these terrible things to accomplish that and the legendaries get involved too. You can do bad things to make money y'know. Like in real life.

And also I'm pretty sure kids in the U.S get exposed pretty early on to mythology and legends and stuff too. Stuff like things involving the start of the nation, the ride of paul revere, the pilgrims, the bostom tea party, christopher columbus "discovering" america and other stuff, etc.

Oh and I still think they should have used the graphics and special effects from Pokemon Colloseum/XD. Those were some nice special effects. No way would it happen I guess and I think they like fine as they are but it would have been nice.

Oh and I still think they should have used the graphics and special effects from Pokemon Colloseum/XD. Those were some nice special effects. No way would it happen I guess and I think they like fine as they are but it would have been nice.
I think they're trying to be a tad more original than that. Besides, the Anime-esque feel gives the game a sort of... life to it. I don't know about you, but the Colosseum/XD/PBR battles seem mechanical compared to what we've seen for X and Y.

Nintendo specifically said that Team Flares's sole purpose is making money, so why would it be anything else? Also, making money is not such a bad idea for an evil team since they are not making money the right way but the dirty way. Dirty money. Like ripping people off and you have to come in and deal with it in a Pokemon battle.

Also, Boston Tea Party and Christopher Columbus are mythology lolololol.

I think they're trying to be a tad more original than that. Besides, the Anime-esque feel gives the game a sort of... life to it. I don't know about you, but the Colosseum/XD/PBR battles seem mechanical compared to what we've seen for X and Y.
And slower
significantly slower

Also more generic. Many moves used similar effects. So while they looked nice, a lot of them were kinda samey. The moves we've seen thus far are more accurate to the 2d games before it and have a lot more life to them.

And are quicker
Significantly quicker

I can not over state the importance of speed in the realm of 3d pokemon battling

And slower
significantly slower

Also more generic. Many moves used similar effects. So while they looked nice, a lot of them were kinda samey. The moves we've seen thus far are more accurate to the 2d games before it and have a lot more life to them.

And are quicker
Significantly quicker

I can not over state the importance of speed in the realm of 3d pokemon battling
Agreed, but at the same time some of the moves don't even feel like moves here. I mean, face it, everything besides Oblivion Wing and Brave Bird didn't actually look like they would hurt irl. I really hope they don't exaggerate the Pokemon's expressions when being hit because man there's nothing more awkward then seeing a level 8 Froakie attack a level 10 Spewpa and see Spewpa beg for mercy when Froakie uses Tackle/Quick Attack.

Agreed, but at the same time some of the moves don't even feel like moves here. I mean, face it, everything besides Oblivion Wing and Brave Bird didn't actually look like they would hurt irl. I really hope they don't exaggerate the Pokemon's expressions when being hit because man there's nothing more awkward then seeing a level 8 Froakie attack a level 10 Spewpa and see Spewpa beg for mercy when Froakie uses Tackle/Quick Attack.
It's more like the mons are getting hit by the wind of the attack. Like if Froakie use tackle he will stop somewhere and the wind force from his movement hits Spewpa. It looks like the opposing mon is being blown away than hit be an attack.

Once again, Pokemon Smash disappoints. Nothing new.. they just covered Professor Sycamore and Team Flare. Not even their back stories, just who they were and then showed some Team Flare grunts battling. Meh. I hope at least CoroCoro truly provides the "scoop of the century".

Once again, Pokemon Smash disappoints. Nothing new.. they just covered Professor Sycamore and Team Flare. Not even their back stories, just who they were and then showed some Team Flare grunts battling. Meh. I hope at least CoroCoro truly provides the "scoop of the century".
I am sick and tired of people being "disappointed" in smash or otherwise expecting huge things from them
They never do.
They didn't even advertise the XY segment for this week.
And every other XY segment has just been showing something from corocoro but maybe with a new clip (like today, we saw the entire cave encounter with one of the grunts & more of the opening with Sycamore)

Unless they are advertising something big, outside the usual CoroCoro time frame (the start of the month for instance, like with newtwo), there is never any reason to expect much more.

anyway, the official japanese site updated with a few screens for older revealed pokemon, the ones I thought were most interesting were the Clauncher/Skrelp ones

River battle! I think it looks quite nice.
Also someone on serebii noticed that Clauncher's big claw looks to have vents on the back of it

It's more like the mons are getting hit by the wind of the attack. Like if Froakie use tackle he will stop somewhere and the wind force from his movement hits Spewpa. It looks like the opposing mon is being blown away than hit be an attack.
Weaker moves shouldn't have a wind force, or even some of the stronger attacks, so that should be just regular hits. I mean, when we saw Newtwo, that Psycho Cut looked like it did nothing to Machamp. Idk, half of the attacks so far feel underwhelming especially with the whole exaggeration of expressions thing. I seriously hope they hype up attacks not named Brave Bird and Oblivion Wing so it looks badass. If you want a start, make Thunder have the same starting animation as FE10 (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) Rexbolt!

And slower
significantly slower

And are quicker
Significantly quicker

You're talking about Colloseum compared to X/Y right because I'm pretty sure Colloseum/XD is not that much slower then the other Pokeman games. And I think it might be a little faster then gen 4 but then again that isn't much of an accomplishment.

Whatever the case I just checked out some X footage again and goddamn it IS fast. Thank god. Gamespeed is actually something that is pretty important to me...........lol. Just watch. It'll be all fast in battles and then just like in Black and White the menus are irritatingly slow for some reason. Count on it.

I just love the new looks of the pokemon and graphics.
They're kinda ''simple'' and wind wakerish and I personally like that.
I like the new persons that are already shown, except for the gym leaders, for some reason I think they look weird.

Here's the very brief Team Flare and Professor Sycamore footage from Pokemon Smash, if anyone is interested. That cave looks awfully similar to Clay Tunnel (Where I hope we'll meet Sableye, and its evolution, if any). And the graphics is amazing, really.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Here's the very brief Team Flare and Professor Sycamore footage from Pokemon Smash, if anyone is interested. That cave looks awfully similar to Clay Tunnel (Where I hope we'll meet Sableye, and its evolution, if any). And the graphics is amazing, really.
I actually like their style ;3

So they call Team Flare "red" instead of "orange". A bit like how they don't have a category for orange Pokemon in Pokedex.

Also, that is probably where we're supposed to take Magnemite and Nosepass.
We'll see! I think there will Cave similar to Chargestone cave or such. Then again there is no way to know yet.

Also there is button called "edit", so instead of making new post right after your last one, you can edit your previous post. Double posting is not allowed. Not to brag but just letting you know :)

I hope nobody who clicks that has a demented clown phobia...

Anyway, yeah, Flare's probably there to steal the precious gems from that cave, and Sableye is there to eat them :D

Destroying Pokemon in order to resurrect them in a more majestic form. HEIL TEAM FLARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)