Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie: Littleo, Talonflame, Torchic, and Fennekin are tempting me to do a mono-fire run in my first playthrough, something I never do. (I usually do a straight run and then transfer my mons out before doing a new run) Makes me wish we had multiple save files so you can do that without deleting your team
Same here. Will probably get a Houndoom as well. Now for that 6th member.... there was that Kanto starters rumor... Char... Arcanine?o_O

I can't get over how much Heatran slots in between Dragons and Fairies.
Defensively, it resists every attack type you'd throw at a pure Fairy and everything you'd throw at a pure Dragon.
Offensively, it can hit both Fairies and Steels SE with STAB attacks.

Steels, in general, are huge winners because they remain supreme defensive pivots while suddenly gaining a compelling reason to use their STABs.
But Heatran seems to have it all because of resisting Fairy, hitting both Steel and Fairy, while having the bonus of a Fire immunity.
We're never going to get rid of its ugly mug I tell you! :lol

I'd still go with Fennekin as my starter even tho they'll be giving out SB Torchic. The amount of those who'll choose Fennekin has largely declined. Huhu. :( But sticking to my Fennekin. So far, Sylveon, Malamar, Honedge, Mega Absol and Clauncher (hoping he's gonna get an evo) got my attention so they'll probably be my team in Pokemon X.

Darnit demo...
I hate having to repeat myself, but you will never see the trainer AI use an ineffective move unless that's all it has left. It's that simple. We need to find out if it has a Dragon move at all. If it does, then it does less damage than Dake Down to Sylveon, meaning that it's x.5 or x0

Did anyone see this:

This game looks absolutely stunning. There are a lot to things to note about noivern, malamar, and sylveon's stats in this video. Can anyone do some damage calculations.
Was anyone else yelling constantly for Ferrothorn to use protect?

Also, did Boomburst OHKO Marowak?

Was anyone else yelling constantly for Ferrothorn to use protect?

Also, did Boomburst OHKO Marowak?
Did you also notice that Psycho cut didn't do a whole lot of damage to Noivern? I know Psycho cut isn't the best technique, but he must have fair Def to lose about 1/4 of his HP.
Noivern is indeed offensive. Boomburst probably deals physical damage and Noivern's Atk stat is higher if Draco Meteor dealt just over half damage to Gallade.
Then again, Topsy Turvy did up his SpAtk, and Marowak's SpDef is the worse of his two defense stats...

However, on the note of Marowak, it's Bonemarang knocked out Malamar in one turn, so Malamar's Def or HP is probably sub par.

Last edited:
Did you also notice that Psycho cut didn't do a whole lot of damage to Noivern? I know Psycho cut isn't the best technique, but he must have fair Def to lose about 1/4 of his HP.
Noivern is indeed offensive. Boomburst probably deals physical damage and Noivern's Atk stat is higher if Draco Meteor dealt just over half damage to Gallade.
Then again, Topsy Turvy did up his SpAtk, and Marowak's SpDef is the worse of his two defense stats...

However, on the note of Marowak, it's Bonemarang knocked out Malamar in one turn, so Malamar's Def or HP is probably sub par.
Yup definitely feel Noivern has low special attack after I saw that weak draco meteor on marowak. But you have an interesting idea about Boomburst being physical. Hyper Voice is special, so when I first saw boom burst, at first I thought, ugh, another hyper voice clone. But your idea might be it, boom burst might be physical and it would distinguish from Hyper Voice being special.

If they're using Marowak, it probably had Thick Club

Yup definitely feel Noivern has low special attack after I saw that weak draco meteor on marowak. But you have an interesting idea about Boomburst being physical. Hyper Voice is special, so when I first saw boom burst, at first I thought, ugh, another hyper voice clone. But your idea might be it, boom burst might be physical and it would distinguish from Hyper Voice being special.
My thinking is that it's going to be more like a Normal-typed Earthquake/Bulldoze. Maybe even a Normal physical version of Lava Plume. They said on the website that it deals damage to all adjacent Pokémon, so it goes in with the list of moves that hit the user's ally as well.

My thinking is that it's going to be more like a Normal-typed Earthquake/Bulldoze. Maybe even a Normal physical version of Lava Plume. They said on the website that it deals damage to all adjacent Pokémon, so it goes in with the list of moves that hit the user's ally as well.
I also agree. I think that it will have 100 base power 100% accurate physical normal move like earthquake. But also agree with R_N, that if marowak had thick club, it doesn't really say that malamar has terrible defenses. Malamar might have average defenses like base 80 or something, which isn't terrible, but on par.

Maybe Boomburst is a physical attack that deals special damage
There's that possibility also, but then I wouldn't exepect it to hit adjacent pkmn then, and would probably have 80 base power like psyshock. I wished it wasn't a normal type move though, anything but normal.

Last edited:
Has Draining Kiss been confirmed to be a physical or a special attack? I doubt Sylveon has good offenses in both stats and it restored quite a bit of health, which leads me to believe the move is a special attack.

EDIT: 95 / 65 / 65 / 110 / 130 / 60 seems like the spread to me. And finally, I wonder if Topsy-Turvy put Noivern at +2, or merely returned its stats back to 0. Could have interesting implications.

And finally, I wonder if Topsy-Turvy put Noivern at +2, or merely returned its stats back to 0. Could have interesting implications.
Effect:
This move will completely invert all stat changes on the opponent

Invert would suggest that it was put to +2. Revert would be the term used if it was reset back to neutral (0).

The battlers in the video looked competent so I am going to assume that the turn spent with Topsy Turvy to raise Noivern's sAtt was because Boomburst is a special attack.
Draco Meteor is 210 bp after STAB. I can't totally see the HP bar, but it did half to Gallade correct? So a spread special normal move at +2 would have to be at least 140 BP to finish the KO or deal physical based damage since Gallade has much weaker physical defense.
This is going under the premise of it being a special attack since he just spent a turn raising his sAtt for a reason. Whichever way you look at it though, it definitely won't be a hyper voice clone with a new name.

Anyone have any guesses about what types the elite four are going to be?
I'm hoping for a mystic E4, Psychic, Dark, Ghost and Fairy.

Also to answer the question about in-game team, mine will be Chespin, Torchic, Gogoat, a water type, a flyer, and a wildcard. It will be great to have two starters.

I will choose my team based on final evolutions, of course. But I'm hoping Fennekin can make up for my dream of a Fire/Psychic Ninetales (Which is obviously never going to happen). And as for Sylveon, yeah, seems very bulky. Wonder if it'll get some gimmick ability that will make up for its Speed.

I will choose my team based on final evolutions, of course. But I'm hoping Fennekin can make up for my dream of a Fire/Psychic Ninetales (Which is obviously never going to happen). And as for Sylveon, yeah, seems very bulky. Wonder if it'll get some gimmick ability that will make up for its Speed.
Cute Charm

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Marowak has a 110 defense, and being TR I would assume it would have HP investment (although these guys probably aren't competitive). Maybe it's just me but I would think Boomburst would have to either A) have hit his SDef B) have a ridiculously high physical base power or C) Marowak had terrible IVs and EVs.

My reaction
and ALSO did you guys notice how Boomburst ever after the Sp.Atk drop from draco it was still enough to take out BOTH OF THEM?
We might have another Hydreigon guys! :p

My reaction
and ALSO did you guys notice how Boomburst ever after the Sp.Atk drop from draco it was still enough to take out BOTH OF THEM?
We might have another Hydreigon guys! :p
Topsy Turvey reverses SPA drop so its not -2 spa, but +2 spa. And we don't know if boom burst is special or physical.

Topsy Turvey reverses SPA drop so its not -2 spa, but +2 spa. And we don't know if boom burst is special or physical.
I would say Boom burst is special since the player use Topsy Turvey to reverse a -2 SpA to +2 SpA. He would unlikely use a physical attack at +2 SpA.

EDIT: Also the video makes me think that Talonflame is a final form. And what is with all the attention given to Sableye?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)