Pokémon X & Y Giveaway Contest
It is a very exciting time for the Pokémon fandom: the release of Pokémon X and Y is less than two months away! Since the forum's birth, Orange Islands regulars have been sharing their opinions and wishes for the coming generation both in the XY Discussion Thread and on IRC. Others have regaled the forum with tales of GSC Scramblockes and Pokémon Snap snafus, providing the rest of us with hours of entertainment. This contest gives you, natives of the Orange Islands, the opportunity to prove your mastery of Pokémon through a series of competitive in-game challenges. The top two competitors will each walk away with a copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. Further prizes for third and fourth place may be added at a later date.
- Your account must be at least one week old at the time this thread is posted. (This rule is to prevent users from registering and entering multiple accounts in an attempt to win both prizes. There is no post threshold.)
- You may not use cheat codes or knowingly abuse glitches when competing in this contest. This rule will be clarified in future rounds.
- To enter this contest, you will need access to each of the following games (either in physical or ROM form | do NOT ask for links to ROMs or emulators):
- Pokémon Red or Blue
- Pokémon Crystal
- Pokémon Emerald
- Pokémon Platinum
- Pokémon Heart Gold or Soul Silver
- Pokémon Black or White
- WARNING: This competition will require significant time investment each week. Only enter if you are willing to remain active until the contest's completion.
- WARNING: You must be willing to share your real life address with me (@Stellar) in the event you win the contest in order to receive your free copy of X or Y.
This contest will consist of a series of free-for-all competition rounds. Each round, competitors will be asked to complete a specific challenge (e.g. speed run, Pokéathelon score, etc.). The specifics of each challenge will only be revealed when the thread for that round is posted. A certain number of entrants will be eliminated from the competition each round, with the players with the top scores or times advancing to the next round. The number of players advancing in each round will change based on the number of sign-ups. Each challenge will take less than two hours to complete. The timeline for this contest can be seen below.
- Signups: August 15 - 17
- Qualifying Round: August 18 - 24 (Pokémon Red and Blue)
- Round 1: August 25 - 31 (Pokémon Crystal)
- Round 2: September 1 - 7 (Pokémon Emerald)
- Round 3: September 8 - 14 (Pokémon Platinum)
- Round 4: September 15 - 21 (Pokémon Heart Gold or Soul Silver)
- Round 5: September 22 - 28 (Pokémon Black and White)
At the end of each round, competitors will be required to submit proof of their scores or times. Rules for these submissions are as follows:
- All proof should be submitted to @Stellar via private message. DO NOT post results publicly.
- You are required to submit photographic proof for each challenge. The specific nature of the proof will be detailed each round.
- You may only submit proof once. If you complete the challenge multiple times, only submit your highest score or lowest time.
- Competitors are subject to random legitimacy checks. Myself or other judges may ask to see further proof (either photographic or .sav) to verify the legitimacy of your entry.
- All times are according to in-game clocks.
In order to sign up, please post the following information:
Username: Favorite Pokémon: Do you have access to the required games?: Y/N Do you agree to provide your address in the event you win the contest?: Y/N
- inanimate blob
- Dark Arceus
- Shiny Dratini
- Level 51
Last edited by a moderator: