PokéStar Studios: Fun or a Waste of Time?

Which of the following movies did you enjoy the most? (PokeStar Studios)

• Love and Battles

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Invaders

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • TimeGate Traveler

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Red Fog of Terror

• Ghost Erasers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you have played Pokemon Black2 or White2, you would see that PokeStar Studios is a place where you can use your own (or rental) Pokemom to film movies. You follow a script, and the lines / actions that you perform in the script reflect on what kind of movie you make, whether it be Good, Bad, or Strange. There are several kinds of movies you can make, and the more movies you make, the more choices you will have. Here are some examples of PokeStar Movies:

Love and Battles

Brycenman

Giant Woman

Ghost Erasers

..and more!

However, there has been controversy with this new feature, as some believe it is just a waste of time, as you do not really get anything from it, bar a few medals and some rewards after filming, such as Lemonade. Some do it for the thrill of the game and experience, but was it worth YOUR time? What do you think of PokeStar Studios? Should such a theme be made in future games, and would you recommend it? Discuss.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think I had to have been doing it wrong, because they seemed pretty hard to me...I only really did one or two.

In any case, the only one I can even remember doing was Mystery Doors of the Magical Land...lol, gotta love Sabrina, she's my favorite :3

Governess

is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, with that in mind, you can definitely say that things like the Pokemon Musical aren't that important either in comparison. But, was it fun to do? Was it what you expected it to be?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
One thing I really wanted was the star animation for my own Pokemon...except of course I could never figure out how to do the movies right with my own Pokemon >.>

I find it really fun to do. If you consider it a waste of time, why doing it in the first place.

I liked the story for example, the one where pokemon controls human instead of the opposite is interesting, I also liked the love story, weird, but fun :D.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's a really good start, I just wish it was more challenging. Like, following the script to get a good ending is sometimes tricky, especially of you decide to use your own Pokemon, because you sometimes have to bring in specific moves and items, but getting strange endings turned out to be really easy. I was trying to figure out how to get the star animation for when you send out a 'mon (I had never seen what it looked like until the recent global showdown over wifi, and decided it was cool) and was looking all over the Internet for strategies thinking it was hard, turns out you just kill the Ferroseed when it tells you not to (or some simple variation).

When I first heard of it however, I thought it would be more like the Pokeathlon, where you had to actually control your Pokemon. Doing battles over and over got a bit repetitive, I just wanted some different ways to 'act' to keep it fresh.

If you think it's a waste of time, then clearly you haven't made a cult-hit at Pokestar. The best thing about putting the effort into making the movies is the superstar animation that your Pokemon gets if it starred in a movie that shocked the crowd and made millions, like what happened with my Hydreigon back when it was just a li'l Deino and a rising star. The second best thing is all the free health items from your fans. If you value your time as a commodity that's met with free Lemonade and Lava Cookies as compensation for spending time doing something outside of training or following the plot, then Pokestar is a good place to spend an hour or so every weekend going to for the souvenirs you get after each viewing.

Governess

I can agree in certain aspects that maybe they should've shaked it up a bit for the scripts; adding other things may have made it less repetitive. But I have to say, the superstar animations are really cool if you get them on your Pokemon, which kinda pays off after the work you put into the movies. And yeah, the free health items can really come in handy ^^;

Well, there were about 40 movies total (all together, not 40 individual stories), which one did you guys like the best out of it in general, and why?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pokéstar Studios is one of those "distractions" that have no overall bearing on the game—apart from the compulsory first movie—but give you something to do, just like Contests, Pokéathlon, & Musicals. Personally, I did all the movies, & I did not really mind it tbh. It was a good start, but it gets kinda repetitive after a while. The movie scripts can be annoying to follow (The Ghost Eraser series come to mind), & even if you follow them you could still be screwed by hax or something. The animations were great, & the strange endings can be unexpectedly funny in some cases. All in all it is a neat "distraction" which is one of the better ones they made, & it is fun once you get the hang of it. The staleness is probably the biggest complaint though... :|

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I got totally stuck on one of the missions in PokeStar Studios. I can't even remember which one it was, but I got so frustrated trying to work out every combination that might let me win, and I never got a crit I needed for the win to fall for me :P

It was good until the difficulty spiked to luck levels :( I didn't enjoy having to rely on hax to get past some of the levels.

Governess

Lol, agreed; hax does ruin some of the harder levels. But even so, at least it gives you something to do. Did anyone actually manage to complete all 40 movies with a happy ending? Was it worth it?

I think it's a complete waste of time. Whenever I beat roxie, I just go there because only then can you continue the game. I quickly play through it without much enthusiasm. I don't think such things should come back in the 6th gen because it's pretty boring.

Why can't it be both? At least that's my opinion on this; I've had some fun in Pokestar Studios, but I feel like I have more important things to do like, for example, my quest.

Lol, agreed; hax does ruin some of the harder levels. But even so, at least it gives you something to do. Did anyone actually manage to complete all 40 movies with a happy ending? Was it worth it?
I did, and only the items and satisfaction made it worth it. However, I find several items to be worth it, including the Big Pearl you can after a weird ending.

I would say that the last movie in Ghost Erasers is the hardest (I found the strange ending to be much easier than the good ending), and my favorite series was the Brycen-Man one. I don't like the lack of a weird ending in the fourth one in the series (and the fourtieth movie you make), though.

I have managed to get a happy ending on all 40, and I weird ending on most of them. If you get a happy ending on all 40, then you get access to the special room inside the recording studio, and you get a bronze statue on the outlook in between the theater and studio.

If you get a weird ending with one of your pokemon, they will instantly get the star intro animation, which I love, so I managed to get most of the weird endings just getting my pokemon to be stars. If you get a good ending, your pokemon will make progress towards getting the star intro animation, and your pokemon will regress away from the star intro animation if they are in a movie with a bad ending.

I like Pokestar Studios, but I don't like how you are forced to do it. It should be like the Musical in BW2 (because I don't like doing it, I don't like having to dress up your pokemon to advance in the plotline in BW1) instead, where you can, but don't need to.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Funny thing is, i would totally watch the movies presented for the Pokestar Studios other than the horrible anime and movies weve been getting. On point, it isnt as fun as the contests in Platinum but its entertaning at the very least, i particularly enjoyed Love and Battles (1, 2 and 3) but of course most get repetitive and the moment they hax me in a place im supposed to be in for entertainment i wanted to throw my new 3ds out of my sight.

Bleh, i liked it, and i tend to fantasize about a movie about Nate/Rosa, where you have to recreate your adventures through Unova, i guess thatd be cool.

I didn't really do it, but I hated the fact that they forced you to sit through mountains of text and do that first movie. I may have done it later on if it wasn't the most text heavy, time-inefficient plot point of all time.

Technically everything that isn't related to the main game can be considered a 'waste of time', rofl

As one who have gone and mastered every single movie, I can say that it's a nice experience overall. The stories are pretty hilarious, especially if you get the bad ending.

Personally I felt the hardest was the majin one (or whatever one that had what was basically wondertomb on steroids). Even after nullifying his ability, your pokemon are still horribly weak, get 1-2shotted, and you pretty much had to manipulate the majin into spamming SD every turn. Horrible. >.<"

also it's the only way to get sweet hearts apparently afaik outside of DW/c-gear/other random wireless crap

Technically everything that isn't related to the main game can be considered a 'waste of time', rofl

As one who have gone and mastered every single movie, I can say that it's a nice experience overall. The stories are pretty hilarious, especially if you get the bad ending.
I also love how funny some of the endings are, but for me, the strange endings are even funnier than the bad ones. For example, with the Ghost Eraser series, I like how the Majin keeps saying he loves dancing and how he turns on Arkham for being boring.

Also, I love the opportunity I had to get Moomoo Milks and other health-restoring items.

To me it's a waste of time and could of been replaced with something useful like a cave to explore or something like that. If you enjoyed it though all the power to you

I might have checked it out and liked it if they didn't force me to go through it every time I play a new file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)