PokeEmblem: Where Pokemon meets Fire Emblem (Reworking, New Skills!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special Dance- Dancing moves have their stat changes doubled. If the move does not change stats, then its secondary effect chances are doubled. If neither can happen, or if their secondary effects have a 100% chance of happening, the move's power is increased 1.5*. Does not stack with Paragon. Does not affect Lunar Dance or Teeter Dance. Passive.

Inspiring Song- Special Dance for sound moves. Clanging Scales has its power increased. Has no effect on Perish Song. Passive.

Last edited:
Canto- You can always choose a move even if you have a choice item, have too recharge or is a multi turn attack like Outrage.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
For this, I would make Opportunity Shot a trigger skill (every 3 turns) and halve the move's power instead of accuracy. Survey could reduce the trigger to 2 and slightly boost power (from .5* to .75*) and Surefooted would activate it automatically on switch in and reset the trigger counter.
You're right, it's better than random things.
I don't wanted to change the fact that Opportunity Shot was passive, but it looks better as a trigger skill.
Thanks !

Poison Strike- The enemy will be poisoned after taking damage. Trigger of 3 turns.

Miracle- This Pokémon will survive with 1 HP if current HP > 1. Trigger of 5 turns.

Savage Blow- All enemies will take 5% of their maximum HP in damage. Trigger of 4 turns.

Grisly Wound- The enemy takes 10% of their maximum HP in damage. Trigger of 4 turns.

Evenhanded/Odd Shaped- Attack and Special Attack +1 on even/odd turns. Cannot be equipped at the same time. Passive.

Even Better/Better Odds- Restores 20% of the user's maximum HP on even/odd turns. Cannot be equipped at the same time. Passive.

Elbow Room- When no terrain is set, Attack and Special Attack +1. Boosts are reverted once a terrain is in effect. Passive.

Gamble- Attack and Critical +1, Accuracy -1. Passive.

Vengeance- Takes half of user's incurred damage and adds it to the offensive stat currently in use. Trigger of 4 turns.

Even Keel- Special Defense +1 on even turns. Passive.

Iron Will- Special Defense +1 if user goes last. Passive

Clarity- Status conditions will be healed. Trigger of 2 turns.

Aggressor- Attack +2 if user goes first. Passive.

Ignis- User adds half of unused offensive stat to the one in use to attack the opponent. (Adds half of Attack to Special Attack when using Special moves) Trigger of 4 turns.

Point Blank- Contact moves do not make contact. Passive.

(type)faire- Turns all Normal-type moves into the corresponding type and gives a 1.15* boost. Passive.

Normalfaire- Turns all moves into Normal-type moves and gives them a 1.3* boost. Passive.

Cameraderie- Heals 1/16 of maximum HP at the beginning of every turn as long as one other Pokémon is not fainted. Passive.

Lunge- Use a typless physical 70BP move, and then immediately switch. Command.

Limit Breaker would be incredibly overcentralizing.

Once we settle Galeforce, the next survey should be for Vantage.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm sorry for lack of activity from this thread, I've been getting a lot homework along with a few essays due soon. Once the work lessens, it'll be back in full time!
And, as what Regimaster57 said, the next survey after Galeforce will be for Vantage, although I'll need some more submissions for the current survey.
Also I will like to thanks everyone who is active in this thread, suggesting skills and making useful comments for me and others. Your contribution is greatly admired!

Sol: Moves drain 50% of damage dealt. Passive.

You lose HP fast in Pokémon, no reason for this to be a trigger besides tradition.

Underdog: (10/100*level) is added to each stat for each level of evolution the opponent is above the user, where 1 is the first stage of a 3-stage, 2 is the first stage of a 2-stage, 3 is the second stage of a three-stage evolution, 4 doesn't exist, and 5 is fully-evolved 'mons and legendaries.

Evolution and Promotion are similar enough (tm). It's more fit for competitive play than the canon effect (Evasion boosts are completely toxic) but still keeps the general theme of it.

anyway, a set i guess

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Skills: Iote's Shield / Quick Salve / Rightful King
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Has no weaknesses, can heal and attack in the same turn, and the chance of it crippling its foes with its attacks is increased.

Sol: Moves drain 50% of damage dealt. Passive.

You lose HP fast in Pokémon, no reason for this to be a trigger besides tradition.

Underdog: (10/100*level) is added to each stat for each level of evolution the opponent is above the user, where 1 is the first stage of a 3-stage, 2 is the first stage of a 2-stage, 3 is the second stage of a three-stage evolution, 4 doesn't exist, and 5 is fully-evolved 'mons and legendaries.

Evolution and Promotion are similar enough (tm). It's more fit for competitive play than the canon effect (Evasion boosts are completely toxic) but still keeps the general theme of it.

anyway, a set i guess

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Skills: Iote's Shield / Quick Salve / Rightful King
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Has no weaknesses, can heal and attack in the same turn, and the chance of it crippling its foes with its attacks is increased.
You do lose HP fast, but it could be a bit crazy being able to heal, at max, if Sol is affected by Big Root, 162.5% of dealt damage every turn. (Oblivion Wing with a Big Root, but even without a Big Root, that's still 125%. And then you can use Quick Salve with Roost before.) Imagine:

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Skills: Iote's Shield / Sol / Quick Salve
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
-Oblivion Wing
-Roost
-Taunt
-Toxic
Only weak to Fairy, and if it isn't OHKO'd, it can Roost and then Oblivion Wing.

Also, I see your Zapdos, and raise you a:
Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Skills: (Trample/Air Superiority) / Aggressor / Dancing Blade
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- filler
+2 252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Outrage vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 394-465 (102.8 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (the +2 comes from Aggressor)

Last edited:
Wait, Pokémon games consider draining moves both healing moves and attacking moves. Quick Salve + a draining move is basically a kill button.

Let's just kill Quick Salve and make a new one.

This looks pretty cool :) idk much of FE but I'll try my best

Lunge: Both the enemy and the user get switched out after both have used their moves, as if the players were choosing their Lead again. Trigger of 5(?) turns

Please tell me if I did everything right :)

We could also limit its activation to once a turn.
That's still attacking twice a turn at full power. Its condition wouldn't be a problem were this not the same generation that buffed Leech Life and introduced the two best Bug types in the series. Not to mention it's still pretty busted when used as intended.

That's still attacking twice a turn at full power. Its condition wouldn't be a problem were this not the same generation that buffed Leech Life and introduced the two best Bug types in the series. Not to mention it's still pretty busted when used as intended.
That is a good point. I see a few ways of not making this overcentralizing. We could:
  1. Limit the activation to non-damaging moves.
  2. Remove the secondary effects of the secondmove.
  3. Reduce the power of the second move.
  4. Not allow a healing move after its activation.
  5. A combination of the above.
This looks pretty cool :) idk much of FE but I'll try my best

Lunge: Both the enemy and the user get switched out after both have used their moves, as if the players were choosing their Lead again. Trigger of 5(?) turns

Please tell me if I did everything right :)
You did the submission of your suggestion correctly. On the submission itself, the effect looks pretty good, but in Fire Emblem Fates, Lunge is a command skill, not a trigger skill. It would be good to keep in mind how these skills are used in game. If you need to check, the list of skills in Awakening and Fates is on the first post.

Just for the skills that multiple people have offered suggestions for, or would be incredibly overpowered. Voting for every skill would be time-consuming.

Last edited:
You did the submission of your suggestion correctly. On the submission itself, the effect looks pretty good, but in Fire Emblem Fates, Lunge is a command skill, not a trigger skill. It would be good to keep in mind how these skills are used in game. If you need to check, the list of skills in Awakening and Fates is on the first post.
I see, but since the wiki said "Swap places with an enemy after an attack" I didn't know if I was supposed to make it trigger or command, since if it was in fact trigger the Pokémon wouldn't be able to attack that turn. :P

I see, but since the wiki said "Swap places with an enemy after an attack" I didn't know if I was supposed to make it trigger or command, since if it was in fact trigger the Pokémon wouldn't be able to attack that turn. :P
It also says that Lunge is activated through the lunge command, making it a command skill. The goal of this pet mod is to implement these skills as closely to as they work in Fire Emblem without being completely broken (which has prompted the discussions about Galeforce, Vantage, and Quick Salve).

On the subject of Lunge, I can see it being difficult to balance while keeping it the same as it is in Fire Emblem. If we keep it similar to Fates (-10% Accuracy, no crits) it would still be incredibly strong. Being able to use recharge moves without the turn of recharge, or Draco Meteor and friends without drawbacks, on top of forcing your opponent to switch, thereby killing their momentum, would be incredibly unbalanced. Phasing and pivoting moves are already pretty good and well-used, but combining the two...
Just look at this set:
Slaking @ Choice Band
Skills: Lunge / Aggressor / (Armsthrift/Dancing Blade)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Play Rough / Hammer Arm
OHKO's things...
+2 252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Zapdos: 690-813 (180.1 - 212.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Or comes very close...
+2 252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 540-636 (84.9 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggron-Mega: 165-194 (47.9 - 56.3%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 124+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 236-278 (83 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And then forces them out and pivots with Lunge scot-free. That's pretty scary.
But, if we made it a trigger, it would deviate from the source pretty far. We'll need some time to figure out this skill.
(Also, Slaking and Regigigas without their hindering abilities will probably be top tier threats.)

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I enjoy all of the discussion, but it's time to get more organized. Instead of suggesting skills of your choice, we'll do it a few at a time, then we will all vote on which one you prefer.
This hopefully won't slow us down too much, each slate will have multiple skills for you to submit. We will keep the skills that we seem to be having trouble with (Galeforce, Vantage, etc.) for a later date.
Slate One will be...
Witch and Ballistician Skills

Descriptions of these skill can be found here
If you have already submitted one or more of these skills, just post it again. I would prefer that you can describe it's competitive use it would have, but that is optional.

Good day!

Astra

talk to me nice
I've removed all the skills and the description in the OP except for the ones in the slate for now so it's more organized. Reminder that you can still talk about other skills!

And even more :

Opportunity Shot - "At the start of the user's turn, if the move in slot 1 is an offensive move, it will use it, but with halved accuracy. (passive)" or "At the start of the user's turn, if the move in slot 1 is an offensive move, it will have 50% chance of using it. (passive)"

Survey - "If the user have Opportunity Shot, the bonus move won't have it's accuracy halved. (passive)" or "If the user have Opportunity Shot, the bonus move will have 100% chance of being used, instead of 50%. (passive)"

Rifled Barrel - "You can chose which move will be used with Opportunity Shot instead of always choosing the one in the first slot. (passive)"

Surefooted - "When a Pokemon with Opportunity Shot is enters the battle, it uses the bonus move immediately but can't use it at the start of the next turn. (passive)"

I realize how unsuitable was my version of Point Blank. So i thought this may be better.
I hope this won't be as bad as my other ideas.
For this, I would make Opportunity Shot a trigger skill (every 3 turns) and halve the move's power instead of accuracy. Survey could reduce the trigger to 2 and slightly boost power (from .5* to .75*) and Surefooted would activate it automatically on switch in and reset the trigger counter.

Shadowgift- Gives a 1.2* boost to Ghost and Dark-type moves. Passive.

What will we do with the skills that were decided on before?
When the time comes and we discuss a skill already decided on earlier, I'd assume that the skill would simply be reposted and we'd have another chance to go over it.

At least thats how Id imagine it to work like.

e: Also personally I think the level 25 + 35 ballistician skills shouldn't be implemented. Theyre both class-specific skills that augment stats that would be difficult / impossible to implement in a Pokemon setting (affecting movement / range)

Last edited:
Shadowgift: Damaging Ghost and Dark type moves heal user based on half the damage dealt.

Witch's brew: Heals 20% HP for first 7 turns.

Survey: Never misses when using Pulse, Ball or Cannon moves. (Basically moves blocked by Bulletproof or buffed by Mega Launcher). Notable moves include Focus Blast, Rock Blast, and Zap Cannon.

Opportunity Shot: If user has a Pulse, Ball or Cannon moves, deals 1/16 typeless damage on a Pokemon that switches in.

Last edited:

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Shadowgift - "This Pokemon can now learn any damaging Ghost type or Dark type move. (that is not a Z-move)"
There is some strong skills in this meta. While having every Ghost and Dark type moves would be really broken with like, Z-Trick-Or-Treat and Destiny Bonds everywhere, limiting the skill power to damaging moves make it kinda balanced.
Of course, having moves like Shadow Force, Moongeist Beam, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Hyperspace Fury and Foul Play would be dangerous... I'm not sure if it's that broken, since it's a minor coverage buff.
While this skill would be especially good on physically offensive that can't learn Knock Off or want a strong Ghost nuke in Z-Shadow Force, specially offensive could run a Moongeist Beam + Focus Blast coverage and defensive mons could run Foul Play, Night Shade or Knock Off.
If it's really broken, maybe nerfing it to give only one move at time would make it better.

Also, do Moongeist Beam ignore defensive skills ?

It's the only thing that come to my mind since others are already submitted and i can't find alternatives.

Toxic Brew - The opponent gets -2 Evasion and can't switch next turn. Trigger = 2.
(changed it to match the OP)

Warp - For the duration of the turn, the user becomes semi-invulnerable (à la Shadow Force). At the end of the turn, the user switches out. (Command)
I really like that idea, it would be sad to miss it.

Shadowgift - "This Pokemon can now learn any damaging Ghost type or Dark type move. (that is not a Z-move)"
There is some strong skills in this meta. While having every Ghost and Dark type moves would be really broken with like, Z-Trick-Or-Treat and Destiny Bonds everywhere, limiting the skill power to damaging moves make it kinda balanced.
Of course, having moves like Shadow Force, Moongeist Beam, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Hyperspace Fury and Foul Play would be dangerous... I'm not sure if it's that broken, since it's a minor coverage buff.
While this skill would be especially good on physically offensive that can't learn Knock Off or want a strong Ghost nuke in Z-Shadow Force, specially offensive could run a Moongeist Beam + Focus Blast coverage and defensive mons could run Foul Play, Night Shade or Knock Off.
If it's really broken, maybe nerfing it to give only one move at time would make it better.

Also, do Moongeist Beam ignore defensive skills ?
Hyperspace Fury can only be used by Hoopa-Unbound.

Astra

talk to me nice
I'll keep submissions open until tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on how many submissions there are.
I like the ones here so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)