Pokemon Bank Update - Gen 1 TMs?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure these Pokemon will evolve based on the region they were caught in, and in addition we already know that non-Alolan form Pokemon will pass down their regional form preference during breeding with an Everstone. The alternative is that it is impossible to breed for a non-alolan Exeggutor in Sun/Moon and that the only way to get non-Alolan Exeggutor in Sun/Moon is by transfer.
coming back to this: transferred over a Unovan exeggcute. It evolved into Alola Exeggutor

i dont have any of the gen 1 VC games to see if the GB tag protects them but surprise! they went with the dumbest possible way to handle this

vp is in an uproar atm but I think nature is determined by level. An anon said he caught a Tauros, leveled it with a candy, and it was transferred with Adamant nature when another anon got a bunch of them with Calm.

Yes this info is from 4chan but we should at least test this.
I'm that anon lol. I'm trying to catch more Tauros to figure out the natures at different levels

Heard someone got hardy kangaskhan and timid machamp at 100. Think they might be species dependent?
I think they're definitely species dependent. My level 28 kangaskhan was Brave, level 28 Tauros was Hasty

EDIT: Level 30 Tauros was Hardy, Level 31 was JOLLY, Level 32 was Timid. Gonna transfer a few more level 31s to confirm Jolly at that level.

Last edited:
I think they're definitely species dependent. My level 28 kangaskhan was Brave, level 28 Tauros was Hasty

EDIT: Level 30 Tauros was Hardy, Level 31 was JOLLY, Level 32 was Timid. Gonna transfer a few more level 31s to confirm Jolly at that level.
33 is Gentle. I can confirm 26 is Calm Tauros.

EDIT:31 is jolly.

Last edited:
I experimented a bit with Bank's reaction to glitch Pokemon and found out some interesting things:

-Transferring Pokemon obtained via the Mew glitch (other than Mew itself) works fine.

-Transferring a Pokemon that's level >100 will scale it down to level 100.

-Transferring Missingno. has an interesting effect, in that it won't transfer (obviously), but the Pokemon that comes immediately after it in the box will be renamed "MISSINGNO-".

So given this unexpected turn of events about the Nature, I guess one could use Arbitrary Code Execution to set total experience to the amount we want.

Preferably, setting the Pokemon to Level 100, then substracting experience by a number not higher than 25 to reach the highest possible experience for each nature. We'd still need to know the experience at level 100, though.

Another method of adjusting is defeating Level 3 Rattatas with no modification towards exp - each one gives exactly 24 exp. You could also set up something with the Exp. All to give 1 exp per battle instead, but that one requires a sizeable amount of Pokémon caught, while the nature manipulation with Rattata can be done as soon as you head into Route 1.

So now that we know the nature is dependant of the exp of the Pokémon %25, is there any list that indicates which value gives you each nature?

So, at Level 100, this is what happens:
- Pokemon in the Medium Slow group will have a Timid nature.
- Everything else will have a Hardy nature.

Medium Slow's distinction is pretty cool as Pokemon as Gengar, Alakazam, Pidgeot (if we forget about the lack of Pidgeotite), the Nidos and the starters (most importantly Charizard) are there, because they will like that nature.

And since Medium Slow happens to be the group that 'suffers' from the Experience Underflow glitch, they are the big winners of the system.

Confirmed we can get unaware clefable with soft boiled now?
Not without glitches - Clefable cannot learn Soft-Boiled in Gen I.

(By the way, I wonder how Pokebank reacts to Unstable Hybrid Pokemon, or just Hybrid Glitch Pokemon overall)

Not without glitches - Clefable cannot learn Soft-Boiled in Gen I.

(By the way, I wonder how Pokebank reacts to Unstable Hybrid Pokemon, or just Hybrid Glitch Pokemon overall)
It cannot learn even if using the tm? Damn I was counting on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)