Pokemon Bank Update - Gen 1 TMs?

Well, I do want to say that I am SO glad that I can get BP as a reward and it continues from the last time I used it. I got like 1600 BP right now - more than enough to buy ANYTHING I could want right now

according to serebii if they would had been shiny in gen 2 ie 10 in Attack, Special & Speed and Defense a multiple of 2 for the gen 1-2 IV system

they are ensured shinys when transferred over

according to serebii if they would had been shiny in gen 2 ie 10 in Attack, Special & Speed and Defense a multiple of 2 for the gen 1-2 IV system

they are ensured shinys when transferred over
Not quite: the actual G2 check is for exactly 10 in speed, special, and defense, with attack only checking the second-to-low bit for being 1. The Bank check reverses the roles of attack and defense, presumably in error.

(0)A/A/A/A is shiny under both interpretations, but the other seven shiny spreads (0)2/A/A/A, (8)3/A/A/A, (0)6/A/A/A, (8)7/A/A/A, (8)B/A/A/A, (0)E/A/A/A, and (8)F/A/A/A are not properly recognized as such. Meanwhile, seven other spreads popped up in their place: (0)A/2/A/A, (4)A/3/A/A, (0)A/6/A/A, (4)A/7/A/A, (4)A/B/A/A, (0)A/E/A/A, and (4)A/F/A/A, which wouldn't become shiny if it was possible to send them to GSC, but will do so if you send them to Bank instead.

Any resources anywhere on what Pokemon give what EXP?
If you want to accurately get experience, the Day Care increases experience by 1 per step.

That being said, you'd need to do 26 steps if you only need to increase the Modulo by 1 (one step away, and another to get next to the Day-Care Man again). This may also apply for other certain step counts.

Last edited:
about the exp, I think using the exp.all in gen I can yield 0 exp points to the party members, so it could as well give 1 point to each member of the party depending of what you're battling.

Also, you can get an odd advance of exp points in the daycare using fly, as you can uneven the number of steps to go back to the daycare

Hey guys, I found a way to manipulate DVs individually in Gen 1 to force shininess when transferring to Gen 7! As we all know already, Poke Bank uses DVs to determine shininess of Gen 1 Pokemon. If Speed, Special, Atk and Def DVs of a Gen 1 Pokemon are all equal to 10, it will be shiny when transferred!

I recorded the process and actually made it on the first try!

The process is ridiculously tedious though, you have been warned. But is it worth it? That depends. In my opinion, it is worth it.

Also, you can get an odd advance of exp points in the daycare using fly, as you can uneven the number of steps to go back to the daycare
It's actually easier than that too, because you can just exit the daycare by walking straight down (the lefthand side of the door). Exiting the door when you're standing on it doesn't take a step, but pressing Up to re-enter the house does, so you will get an odd step count just by walking back to him.

For japanese R/B:
1. increase the target pokemon's exp to 170 over a multiple of 256
2. deposit 44 item slots in the pc
3. put the target pokemon in the 2nd party slot, go to the pc and put the pointer over the 32nd item, click select, then quit the pc menu quickly
4. encounter a wild pokemon, put the pointer over the last move of the pokemon sent out, click select
5. run from the battle, go to the pc and click select over the 43rd item
6. repeat #4
7. repeat #1
8. repeat #3#4, go to the pc and click select over the 44th item
9. repeat #4

For japanese R/B:
1. increase the target pokemon's exp to 170 over a multiple of 256
2. deposit 44 item slots in the pc
3. put the target pokemon in the 2nd party slot, go to the pc and put the pointer over the 32nd item, click select, then quit the pc menu quickly
4. encounter a wild pokemon, put the pointer over the last move of the pokemon sent out, click select
5. run from the battle, go to the pc and click select over the 43rd item
6. repeat #4
7. repeat #1
8. repeat #3#4, go to the pc and click select over the 44th item
9. repeat #4
Do you know if there is a way to buy JPN R/B/G/Y on a English 3DS?

Are there any Mons that will appreciate their HA with Seismic Toss? For example, does No Guard Alakazam get any use from it?
And who are going to be the greatest recipients for Reflect? Jolteon came to mind initially

Are there any Mons that will appreciate their HA with Seismic Toss? For example, does No Guard Alakazam get any use from it?
And who are going to be the greatest recipients for Reflect? Jolteon came to mind initially
Unaware Clefable and Clefairy could get some use out of Seismic Toss. You'd have to give up Softboiled, but you can still use Moonlight or RestTalk. Though in Clefable's case, it may be better to use Moonblast. (EDIT: Clefairy doesn't actually get Unaware as a hidden ability. That's just a Clefable thing.)

As for Reflect, I'm thinking Electrode. Its speed was buffed to 150 this generation, it already gets Light Screen, it can use Volt Switch or Explosion to bring in a team mate once it's finished setting up screens, and its Hidden Ability Aftermath allows it to double as a sac against physical attackers.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I don't think Smogon has a stance on Pokemon obtained by using Missingno. or Arbitrary Code Execution yet. Why would we have needed one? (Please Correct me if I'm wrong.)
I am corrected by the post below.
For Seismic Toss, Friend Guard Clefairy gets to deal damage and Inner Focus Kangaskhan could be used in Doubles for a turn of Fake Out Flinch Immunity before Mega Evolution if you really hate Fake Out. For Reflect, I'd say ask someone else.

By the way, has anyone tried Glitching a move onto a Pokemon that it can only learn in later games then try to transfer them yet? I don't really care if it works. I just like the effects of glitches. :D

Last edited:
TM22 Solar Beam
Lapras can only learn Solar Beam in Gen1, it can't learn it as a TM move in newer generations.
Any thought of "Solar Beam" should be thought of instead as "Bloom Doom". At 190 BP, the one-shot Bloom Doom is as strong as a 1-turn Solar Beam with Choice Specs.

This is far more powerful vs Water Types than Freeze Dry or Thunderbolt.

252+ SpA Lapras Bloom Doom vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 302-356 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 252-296 (62.3 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 214-254 (52.9 - 62.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yes, I just compared "itemless" Bloom Doom vs Choice Specs, and Bloom Doom is just that much stronger. I think that holds some promise in whatever tier Lapras ends up in.

Work Up Tauros!

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Work Up
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Body Slam Power:
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Body Slam vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 263-309 (93.5 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(I don't know the Tapu Spread guys)
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Body Slam vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 263-309 (93.5 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Special Attacks
+1 4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 374-442 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 265-312 (79.3 - 93.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 302-359 (85.7 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+1 4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor-Mega: 328-390 (95.6 - 113.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+1 4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-Therian: 385-458 (101 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I AM ONLY DOING OU CALCS TO SHOW THE POWER. Just a disclaimer obviously. But Work Up Tauros might be great with Thunder or something in lower tiers.

Counter Focus Sash Magic Guard is now possible on Alakazam
hooray

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, I found a way to manipulate DVs individually in Gen 1 to force shininess when transferring to Gen 7! As we all know already, Poke Bank uses DVs to determine shininess of Gen 1 Pokemon. If Speed, Special, Atk and Def DVs of a Gen 1 Pokemon are all equal to 10, it will be shiny when transferred!

I recorded the process and actually made it on the first try!

The process is ridiculously tedious though, you have been warned. But is it worth it? That depends. In my opinion, it is worth it.
awesome stuff, excited to try it. do you know of a way to do this wth 8 F in R/B as well?

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)