Pokemon Bank Update - Gen 1 TMs?

Does the deposit/reset cloning glitch work at all on vc? I started a new game originally wanting to try and stock some more zapdoses since I have already beaten the long range trainers in my previous save. I saw this cloning glitch and tried it after getting to pewter, bringing up the VC menu as soon as the selection box disappeared, but it didnt work.
http://www.glitchcity.info/wiki/Pokémon_cloning_(Generation_I)
Or you can use 8F to get multiple Zapdos:

Is there a guide on how to shinify pokemon in English R/B with that 8f thingy?
1. Acquire 8F
2. Put pokemon you want to shinify in the first slot of the active PC box.
3. Party- Pidgey with 233 current HP, Parasect, Onix, Tentacool, Kangaskhan, nothing in slot 6. In that order.
4. Bag- Any item, 8F, Lemonade x170, X-Accuracy x178, Carbos x208, Poke Ball x119, Fresh Water x201. In that order. Then you can have anything after the Fresh Water.

Use 8F, toss 1 X-Acc, use 8F.

Your DVs are now all A (10). A 10/10/10/10 pokemon transfers as shiny.

I used this method myself. Only works on RB.

EDIT: 208 Carbos- I am stupid.

Last edited:
1. Acquire 8F
2. Put pokemon you want to shinify in the first slot of the active PC box.
3. Party- Pidgey with 233 current HP, Parasect, Onix, Tentacool, Kangaskhan, nothing in slot 6. In that order.
4. Bag- Any item, 8F, Lemonade x170, X-Accuracy x178, Carbos x209, Poke Ball x119, Fresh Water x201. In that order. Then you can have anything after the Fresh Water.

Use 8F, toss 1 X-Acc, use 8F.

Your DVs are now all A (10). A 10/10/10/10 pokemon transfers as shiny.

I used this method myself. Only works on RB.
I have the eu version and according to this http://www.glitchcity.info/wiki/List_of_8F_bootstrap_setups#5_Pok.C3.A9mon_setup_2
should have graveler in place of onix. Will this affect other parts of the setup?

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Is there no way to do it on Yellow or has it just not been worked out yet?
I have been trying to figure one out, but I bricked my game save trying to clone an Eevee so I'm still working on it.
Edit: but since you CAN do Ace in Yellow with item Ws m so it should be possible.

Im probably saying big bullshit, it came from really early memory, but I remember when I played LeafGreen (probably like age 8), I breed two charizard whit Flamethrower, charmander lv 5 was born whit it even tought it's not an egg move (I don't remember seing this on the wiki). Can't 2 Steadfast Machamp whit Fissure breed a no guard Machamp whit fisure since they don't always pass HA? Please enlighten me.

Unless it only work whit lv up moves.

Im probably saying big bullshit, it came from really early memory, but I remember when I played LeafGreen (probably like age 8), I breed two charizard whit Flamethrower, charmander lv 5 was born whit it even tought it's not an egg move (I don't remember seing this on the wiki). Can't 2 Steadfast Machamp whit Fissure breed a no guard Machamp whit fisure since they don't always pass HA? Please enlighten me.

Unless it only work whit lv up moves.
it only works with current TM moves & level up moves.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
An interesting implication of forcing hidden abilities on Gen I Pokémon, presumably to avoid the Machamp situation, is that there probably won't be a "HA ability capsule" in the foreseeable future. Steadfast Machamp has Fissure now, and thanks to Bank it will be infinitely forwards-compatible. To avoid a completely broken situation, it must not be allowed to acquire No Guard ever, so unless No Guard changes or Machamp loses that ability, HA switching cannot become a thing. Not this generation, or in future ones.

An interesting implication of forcing hidden abilities on Gen I Pokémon, presumably to avoid the Machamp situation, is that there probably won't be a "HA ability capsule" in the foreseeable future. Steadfast Machamp has Fissure now, and thanks to Bank it will be infinitely forwards-compatible. To avoid a completely broken situation, it must not be allowed to acquire No Guard ever, so unless No Guard changes or Machamp loses that ability, HA switching cannot become a thing. Not this generation, or in future ones.

Maybe No Guard could be tweaked to exclude OHKO moves in the future, like how Prankster was changed to not work against Dark types?

I'm curious about the general consensus on whether using 8F to make RBY transfers (barring Mew) shiny for bank is frowned upon. We know this game is broken to hell and back but the pokemon then become modernized once transferred. I'd assume they'd still be "fun" hacks because you yourself are modifying the DV's of something that never had them to begin with. But with the transfer they become just like any other pokemon right? I'm sorry the way I wrote this was confusing. There are odd cases like the Mimic glitch and bypassing shiny locks like the Manaphy egg that are considered ok.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm curious about the general consensus on whether using 8F to make RBY transfers (barring Mew) shiny for bank is frowned upon. We know this game is broken to hell and back but the pokemon then become modernized once transferred. I'd assume they'd still be "fun" hacks because you yourself are modifying the DV's of something that never had them to begin with. But with the transfer they become just like any other pokemon right? I'm sorry the way I wrote this was confusing. There are odd cases like the Mimic glitch and bypassing shiny locks like the Manaphy egg that are considered ok.
great question. last i spoke with a mod, they were still debating on it because while youre editing something that no longer exists, its still glitching and editing a pokemon. i sure as hell hope theyre legal, theyre fun as hell and i have two boxes of dope shinies waiting :)

i think it was leaning towards, only shinies that are possible may become ok, i.e legends/stationary and in game gift/trade mons. iirc wild encounters can never have those dvs

i think it was leaning towards, only shinies that are possible may become ok, i.e legends/stationary and in game gift/trade mons. iirc wild encounters can never have those dvs
The event Mew cannot be shiny without ACE editing - all its DVs are set to 15. Everything else could be shiny... I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)