Pokemon Bank Update - Gen 1 TMs?

The event Mew cannot be shiny without ACE editing - all its DVs are set to 15. Everything else could be shiny... I guess.
I imagine it depends on the RNG. Most wild Pokemon can never be Shiny with the RBY RNG (only gift, link trade, and stationary Pokemon).

If they did a GSC VC release, things would get a lot more interesting thanks to the breeding mechanics of those games.

So here's an idea I had, tell me what you guys think.

Teach Cubone Submission in Red/Blue/Yellow then transfer it to Sun/Moon. Let it evolve into Alola Marowak.

Rock Head as an HA would mean no recoil damage and you'd have a pretty good check against dark types, especially with Thick Club. Is it worth using a move slot on though?

So here's an idea I had, tell me what you guys think.

Teach Cubone Submission in Red/Blue/Yellow then transfer it to Sun/Moon. Let it evolve into Alola Marowak.

Rock Head as an HA would mean no recoil damage and you'd have a pretty good check against dark types, especially with Thick Club. Is it worth using a move slot on though?
Submission is awful, recoilless or not. 80 BP and 80% accuracy is laughable.

Brick Break is so much better...

(Which makes me think... why does Submission suck so much? I understand it having those terrible traits in Gen I but it demands an upgrade. It should become equivalent to Double-Edge IMO)

Submission is awful, recoilless or not. 80 BP and 80% accuracy is laughable.

Brick Break is so much better...

(Which makes me think... why does Submission suck so much? I understand it having those terrible traits in Gen I but it demands an upgrade. It should become equivalent to Double-Edge IMO)
Right?!

And the description from the old games just confirms it is in need of a buff: The strongest Fighting attack. One quarter of the damage it inflicts comes back to hurt the attacker.

And the description from the old games just confirms it is in need of a buff: The strongest Fighting attack. One quarter of the damage it inflicts comes back to hurt the attacker.
"The strongest Fighting attack" when even the then much weaker High Jump Kick had a higher base power (and a pathetic side effect of losing 1 HP if it did not hit).

Sick of nintendo screwing up your plans for no guard fissure machamp? well here are some
Viable Transfers:

Imprison + Mimic Drought Vulpix/Ninetales - take a move, block that move from being used.
Bubblebeam Articuno - for water coverage.
Horn drill Dragonite - multiscale bulky for battle spot usage
Minder Reader + Fissure - Poliwrath for battle spot
Whirlwind Zapdos - For shuffling
Self-Destruct Snorlax - 200 BP + stab
Body Slam Kang/Tauros - Parental Bond/Sheer Force
Softboiled Mew - for baton pass recovery
Amnesia Politoed - Can only learn through level up
Tri-attack + trace -ate ability for Mega Zam
Bubblebeam or Tri-Attack unaware Clefable
Horn Drill Kingdra - For battle spot
Focus Energy + Leaf Blade + Scope Lens Leafeon - Only eevee can learn focus energy during level up.

I've been doing some set-up for acquiring 8F and manipulating DVs for shiny, but I have a question. For acquiring 8F, is there a workaround if you have too many items to not make your bag only the set-up? I heard that if you have items under the items required for getting 8F, your game freezes when you go to the PC. If that's true, can you just get 8F, arrange your items to put them over the X-Specials and 8F? Or some other workaround?

For anyone that doesn't want to inch their EXP to the right nature, these levels on certain EXP Growths get these viable natures:
L94 MS Calm
L95 MS Timid
L96/99 MS Adament
L98 MS Bold
L87 MF Adament
L88 MF Sassy
L92 MF Jolly
L93 MF Relaxed
L97 MF Careful
L98 MF Quiet
L71/91 S Jolly
L72/82/92S Timid
L74/84/94S Bold
L76/86/96S Calm
L78/88/98S Modest
L79/99 S Careful
L83 S Impish
L87 S Adament

S=Slow
M=Medium
F=Fast

I've been doing some set-up for acquiring 8F and manipulating DVs for shiny, but I have a question. For acquiring 8F, is there a workaround if you have too many items to not make your bag only the set-up? I heard that if you have items under the items required for getting 8F, your game freezes when you go to the PC. If that's true, can you just get 8F, arrange your items to put them over the X-Specials and 8F? Or some other workaround?

For anyone that doesn't want to inch their EXP to the right nature, these levels on certain EXP Growths get these viable natures:
L94 MS Calm
L95 MS Timid
L96/99 MS Adament
L98 MS Bold
L87 MF Adament
L88 MF Sassy
L92 MF Jolly
L93 MF Relaxed
L97 MF Careful
L98 MF Quiet
L71/91 S Jolly
L72/82/92S Timid
L74/84/94S Bold
L76/86/96S Calm
L78/88/98S Modest
L79/99 S Careful
L83 S Impish
L87 S Adament

S=Slow
M=Medium
F=Fast
I ran a little program I just made and I got all this information about Poke Transfer (filtering out natures that are either neutral or raise one defense and lower the other one):

Highest Rare Candy levels for natures in the Fast experience group

Sassy at level 44
Impish at level 47
Hasty at level 52
Modest at level 64
Calm at level 68
Relaxed at level 69
Careful at level 72
Bold at level 76
Lonely at level 77
Mild at level 78
Naughty at level 83
Rash at level 86
Brave at level 88
Timid at level 93
Quiet at level 94
Jolly at level 97
Adamant at level 98
Naive at level 99

Highest Rare Candy levels for natures in the Medium Fast experience group

Calm cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Bold cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Modest cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Timid cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone

Lonely at level 76
Impish at level 77
Brave at level 78
Naive at level 79
Mild at level 81
Naughty at level 84
Adamant at level 87
Sassy at level 88
Rash at level 89
Jolly at level 92
Relaxed at level 93
Hasty at level 96
Careful at level 97
Quiet at level 98

Highest Rare Candy levels for natures in the Medium Slow experience group

Hasty at level 29
Impish at level 43
Careful at level 49
Naughty at level 52
Brave at level 53
Lonely at level 54
Quiet at level 64
Modest at level 67
Sassy at level 72
Jolly at level 74
Rash at level 83
Naive at level 84
Mild at level 88
Calm at level 94
Relaxed at level 97
Bold at level 98
Adamant at level 99
Timid at level 100

Highest Rare Candy levels for natures in the Slow experience group

Naive cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Sassy cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Brave cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Rash cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Relaxed cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Quiet cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone
Naughty cannot be obtained with Rare Candies alone

Lonely at level 81
Impish at level 83
Adamant at level 87
Hasty at level 89
Jolly at level 91
Timid at level 92
Bold at level 94
Calm at level 96
Mild at level 97
Modest at level 98
Careful at level 99
Which means the Medium Fast group requires some manipulation because it sorely misses some really good natures if just using Rare Candies. Not so much for the Slow group, but some interesting natures require some extra experience.

Also, the Medium Slow group getting a non-neutral nature at Level 100, and in fact getting a fantastic nature for the several special attackers in that group AND being the experience group affected by the experience underflow glitch.

The official Pokemon Bank website states the following:

If you transfer a Pokémon to Pokémon Bank and then on to Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y, you’ll be unable to transfer it back to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y.

Why on earth is there this kind of restriction?

The official Pokemon Bank website states the following:

If you transfer a Pokémon to Pokémon Bank and then on to Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y, you’ll be unable to transfer it back to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y.

Why on earth is there this kind of restriction?
There is more data that didn't exist before.

For example, if you get the Champion ribbon in alola, and send it to ORAS, what happens to the ribbon? Does it just dissapear?

There is more data that didn't exist before.

For example, if you get the Champion ribbon in alola, and send it to ORAS, what happens to the ribbon? Does it just dissapear?
So will all the Pokémon automatically receive new data when sent to S/M?

So will all the Pokémon automatically receive new data when sent to S/M?
As it's been the case since Ruby and Sapphire.

Let's bring an example with a new feature: Hyper Training.

The game needs to store somewhere which stats are Hyper Trained (since the original IVs are still used for Hidden Power and breeding).

Now imagine you Hyper Train a Pokemon, then you transfer it to ORAS, then you transfer it back to Sun or Moon. What would happen to the Hyper Trained stats?

The whole reason there could be tradebacks between the Gen I and Gen II games was because they literally used the same data structures for Pokemon (with Gen II taking advantage of a few pieces of data within the structure that were unused in Gen I).

As it's been the case since Ruby and Sapphire.

Let's bring an example with a new feature: Hyper Training.

The game needs to store somewhere which stats are Hyper Trained (since the original IVs are still used for Hidden Power and breeding).

Now imagine you Hyper Train a Pokemon, then you transfer it to ORAS, then you transfer it back to Sun or Moon. What would happen to the Hyper Trained stats?

The whole reason there could be tradebacks between the Gen I and Gen II games was because they literally used the same data structures for Pokemon (with Gen II taking advantage of a few pieces of data within the structure that were unused in Gen I).
Ah okay, makes sense. Thanks.

honestly, they could have done like in GSC, you can just trade back what it does not have anything new.
The thing is that, as soon as you send something to SunMoon, it will immediately obtain data that didn't exist before

It worked in Gen 1 and Gen 2 thanks to the simplsitic design of both games and the fact that there was plenty of empty spaces in Gen 1 Pokémon, so you could put Gen 2 data there and not lose it

1. Acquire 8F
2. Put pokemon you want to shinify in the first slot of the active PC box.
3. Party- Pidgey with 233 current HP, Parasect, Onix, Tentacool, Kangaskhan, nothing in slot 6. In that order.
4. Bag- Any item, 8F, Lemonade x170, X-Accuracy x178, Carbos x208, Poke Ball x119, Fresh Water x201. In that order. Then you can have anything after the Fresh Water.

Use 8F, toss 1 X-Acc, use 8F.

Your DVs are now all A (10). A 10/10/10/10 pokemon transfers as shiny.

I used this method myself. Only works on RB.

EDIT: 208 Carbos- I am stupid.
I tried this set-up and no stats changed.

Here is my problem with no No Guard Fissure Machamp, with 120 BP (i think) you can get a ability capsule which swaps normal abilities! SO in conclusion Machamp should be able to get this set up in AG. Would i be correct? please message back. Thank you.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Here is my problem with no No Guard Fissure Machamp, with 120 BP (i think) you can get a ability capsule which swaps normal abilities! SO in conclusion Machamp should be able to get this set up in AG. Would i be correct? please message back. Thank you.
No, the Ability Capsule doesn't work on Hidden Abilities, as you would have known if you had read the thread properly (it even said so in the post you quoted in your second post [which had so little else of substance it was deleted]). Also, please don't bump dead threads unless you have something substantial to add to them.

No, the Ability Capsule doesn't work on Hidden Abilities, as you would have known if you had read the thread properly (it even said so in the post you quoted in your second post [which had so little else of substance it was deleted]). Also, please don't bump dead threads unless you have something substantial to add to them.
Sorry man i am a little bit dumb Probably should've read the dates have a good day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)