Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
After a million views, finally a new thread. Try to limit your posts to what's been actually revealed instead of speculating on what might be. I know that's hard. Just try.

Please note you are expected to read this post before posting.

January 28th, 2010

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html
http://life.oricon.co.jp/72880/full/
http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?c_id=18364&c_num=14

presentation[/URL] AuraStUrm:
I'd like to introduce you to another new Pokémon title, which should become one of the most anticipated Nintendo DS titles for this year. The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo have been developing a new Pokémon title with the aim to launch the software this year.

The cumulative global sales of all the Pokémon series software have reached 130 million. This new Pokémon software will become the first brand new Pokémon title in 4 years since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which sold more than 5.8 million units in Japan, was launched.

Of course, this totally new Pokémon title will include new fields of adventure and a number of new Pokémons living there. As a totally new version, it will contain various unprecedented experiences.

New title of Golden Sun franchise, which was announced at E3 2009, is planned to launch in 2010.
I don't care that the last line doesn't have anything to do with Pokemon. It's more important than Pokemon!

So, yeah, this is definitely Generation 5.

February 2nd, 2010
Hello. After a lengthy discussion among Moderators we decided this thread is pretty much harmless and speculation is not a terrible thing.

However, saying it's not a terrible thing does not mean we're looking for a flood of one line posts saying "omg ice dragon legendary!!! plzzz!" Instead we would like to see posts that discuss possible additions in Generation Five (elaborate too!) and potential implications on the metagame. Also, news on the game is always welcome.

As an example, Naxte's post that's linked in the first post is a great. Another good post is ChouToshio's - you can definitely tell it took more effort than posting "whoa ice!!"

----------------

[...]

Remember to keep this thread intelligent! I, along with other mods like Zerowing will be patrolling this thread as much as we can!
February 6th, 2010
Pokemon Sunday reveals the following sillouette:

February 10th, 2010
Scans from Coro Coro magazine reveal that the first revealed new Pokemon is Zoroark and his pre-evo Zorua. Names TBA in English.

More coming in the next issue. This is a Dark type Pokemon.

April 8th, 2010
Official Japanese website has opened and reveals the name to be Pokemon Black and Pokemon White: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html
More information on the next episode of Pokemon Sunday.

Site says:
-Completely new game
-Releasing this Fall
-New info on April 15th
-Hardware says "Nintendo DS" (likely not 3DS or DSi exclusive)

April 10th, 2010
Coro Coro has some of the first screens as well as this information:

andriasang Translates:
More intense battle scenes
It looks like the Pokemon will engage in more heated battles this time around.

More realistic towns
The towns rise up with high rising buildings. It also seems that the Pokemon Center will have additional shops separate from the reception desk.

"Evolution 3"
It's unclear what exactly the third evolution is supposed to be about. Under this section, the magazine shows screens of a dungeon and what appears to be the game's opening town.
Full details at the above link. The screens from the scan below come via Serebii:

April 17th, 2010
First gameplay footage:
http://www.filb.de/1294

Further updates can be found in jumpluff's thread here.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I went from 305 to 93. Hmm...

Actually, both of the legendary dragons have grown on me... it's funny how Pokemon are like that. I still prefer Zekrom to Reshiram (as well as greenblob to goth-girl) so I'll be getting White, but it seems like there's a good number of people interested in both versions thus far.

For me:
Reshiram > Zekrom
Rankurusu > Gochiruzeru

I'm still gonna get Black because I probably wouldn't have either Rankurusu or Gohiruzeru in my party while I'm going to use Reshiram at some point. My brother's getting White, anyway, so I can just get Rankurusu from him or over the GTS. I'll probably do most of my competetive battling on Shoddy so I won't neccesarily need to get any Pokemon easily, beyond completing the Pokedex.

Edit: I think I lost almost 500 posts. XD

I went from 305 to 93. Hmm...

Actually, both of the legendary dragons have grown on me... it's funny how Pokemon are like that. I still prefer Zekrom to Reshiram (as well as greenblob to goth-girl) so I'll be getting White, but it seems like there's a good number of people interested in both versions thus far.
Yeah, I went from 40 something to 1, that was a shame..
I really hope I can just trade the green blob over to my Black.. I dislike the goth girl :/
Reshiram for some reason just look cooler and stronger, and it gives it a stab on Fire Blast now :D
BTW, good to see you again Shroomisaur ^_^

I hate all this speculation and people making up English names as they see fit.

I'm going to pre-order the game and the day it comes out in North America, I'm going to hop on the Internet and check out which version has better exclusives and which starter is the best and go from there. I'm not interested in the lies people are spreading, just solid evidence like official screenshots, trailers, and things on official Pokémon websites (Japan and USA). I do not believe that that extremely (somehow already) overrated Grass starter is named Smugleaf, because there's no evidence to support it as far as I've seen

I do not believe that that extremely (somehow already) overrated Grass starter is named Smugleaf, because there's no evidence to support it as far as I've seen
I don't believe anyone has ever said that Smugleaf is his actual name. I'm pretty sure Smugleaf is just the nickname being used to avoid the Japanese names, as Landshark was Garchomp's prior to DP's English release.

I hate all this speculation and people making up English names as they see fit.

I'm going to pre-order the game and the day it comes out in North America, I'm going to hop on the Internet and check out which version has better exclusives and which starter is the best and go from there. I'm not interested in the lies people are spreading, just solid evidence like official screenshots, trailers, and things on official Pokémon websites (Japan and USA). I do not believe that that extremely (somehow already) overrated Grass starter is named Smugleaf, because there's no evidence to support it as far as I've seen
Nobody is saying Smugleaf is its official English name, it is a nick name (smug is an attitude, leaf because it is a grass snake Pokemon) no different than Wotter (Water + Otter).

Anyways, I'll probably get both versions mainly because they look totally different. The distinctions like bushes in one version and more technology in the other has me really intrigued.

1st page.

I'd like to say that I think the psuedo legend will once again be dragon. Didn't we already have a confirmation on one of the new pokemon being dragon type? I think it was that one pokemon everyone thought was a kangaskan pre-evo.

1st page.

I'd like to say that I think the psuedo legend will once again be dragon. Didn't we already have a confermation on one of the new pokemon being dragon type?
Kibago, the tusk Pokemon, is pure Dragon type. However, it has two abilities; Mold Breaker and Rivalry, which no other pseudo-legends have.

Kibago, the tusk Pokemon, is pure Dragon type. However, it has two abilities; Mold Breaker and Rivalry, which no other pseudo-legends have.

Those are both excellent abilities. Great ability + best type + pure first stage Dragon type has all been pseudo-legends in the past.

Those are both excellent abilities. Great ability + best type + pure first stage Dragon type has all been pseudo-legends in the past.
Yep, but they never had 2 abilities, so we cant base it on any pattern.

I still think its the pseudo, it just looks like one.

The pseudo legendary seems to be interesting. It's pure dragon meaning it only has two weaknesses, no SR weakness, and could be potentially bulky. I hope it doesn't get a secondary type when it evolves into its final form like how dragonite and salamence got secondary types.

also lolz to everyones post count going down

Still wondering whether black or white would be better. Zekrom and Reshiram both have decent typing with 3 weakness.

Reshiram has one less resist than zekrom but it makes up for it with an extra 4x resist.
Fire vs. electric stab is pretty hard to debate. Hmmm, what a dilema.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dust Proof blocks all your teammates from weather in Triples and Doubles.
Thanks *still plans on breeding magic guard*

I'm going with Reshiram, as in my opinion fire stab is better than electric. Think of all the bulky ice types, Fire Blast will help KO
Bulky Ice Types-- lol that's pretty funny.

. . . you are joking right? Because Ice is a horrible defensive type and you will never see a regice or something in Ubers (the only place you will be able to use it anyway). STAB fire is to kill Steel Types, and STAB electric was likely picked as one of the few other types neutral or better against steel. You should keep in mind that Dragon/Electric is a better defensive type, and most importantly, it lacks SR weak.

Thanks *still plans on breeding magic guard*

Bulky Ice Types-- lol that's pretty funny.

. . . you are joking right? Because Ice is a horrible defensive type and you will never see a regice or something in Ubers (the only place you will be able to use it anyway). STAB fire is to kill Steel Types, and STAB electric was likely picked as one of the few other types neutral or better against steel. You should keep in mind that Dragon/Electric is a better defensive type, and most importantly, it lacks SR weak.
No I'm not. Walrein (even thuogh he is part water, better with electric stab), Lapras, and most of them are part water, in which electric does better, but like you mentioned, steel. It helps against steel and bulky grass types (not a whole ton), but it doesn't have to necessarily be used in ubers. Well, I don't follow tiers, so whatever.

i sometimes see regice in UU, and i was the only one who thought kibago was a kangaskahn prevo, and for me reshi>zek but rankuru>>>>>lamegoth

so i think im getting white.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Wonder how long untill he gets banned to the Uber tier...Gen V is full of them.
I just wanted to comment on this... with B/W shaping up to have a good number of new Legends and pseudo-legends, it's likely there will be a large number of new Uber Pokemon this coming generation. This would really breathe new life into Ubers battling, because the main reason I don't battle in that tier (and a lot of others share this opinion) is that there aren't enough viable Pokemon in the tier to keep things interesting. It'll be fun to see how things turn out.

Still wondering whether black or white would be better. Zekrom and Reshiram both have decent typing with 3 weakness.

Reshiram has one less resist than zekrom but it makes up for it with an extra 4x resist.
Fire vs. electric stab is pretty hard to debate. Hmmm, what a dilema.
Have you considered which of the Gen III Legends you prefer to help you make your decision? If Groudon's your favorite, Rashiram might be a better choice for you since it'll love Groudon's sun support - whereas if you like Kyogre, you'll probably like Zekrom for 100% accurate Thunders and to absorb Thunders aimed at Kyogre!

I'm wondering about the blue sky rumor - it said that Reshiram/Zekrom's abilities boosted their SpA/Atk whenever they used a Fire/(I'm assuming this was supposed to be Electric) Attack... does this mean that they could boost their stats to +6 just by spamming Fire Blast / Thunder for 6 turns in a row? Seems very powerful!

I wonder if it works more like Motor Drive, where you get the boost if you are hit by that type of attack, rather than gaining boosts by using them.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I personally m going for the version Hihidaruma is in,s hould it be version exclusive, however I dont think it will be so Im leaning toward White, but agaian, it can already change seeing version exclusives.

Kibago I see as one awesome pseudo legendary should it retain Mold Breaker upon evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)