Let's Play! Pokemon Black BulbaRandom Challenge

For those of you wondering what the heck I mean by BulbaRandom, here's an explanation of the challenge I'm doing:
1) You must play with a copy of a Pokemon game with Action Replay in it or with an emulator that is capable of hacking.
2) List out each route, cave, and any location of the like in your particular version that has random encounters on a sheet of paper in chronological order.
3) Go on Bulbapedia, and keep on hitting "Random Page" until you hit an article with a specific Pokemon on it (for the purposes of this challenge, a TCG article would not count. Brock's Vulpix in the anime, however, would count).
4) When you find an article as previously described, you must write the name of that Pokemon next to the first route (Note: the Pokemon does not count if it doesn't exist yet in the game you're playing. If this happens, try again).
5) You must now hit Random Page again until you find another Pokemon article for the next route (duplicates are not allowed). Continue this for each of the other areas.
6) Before moving forward in this, you are allowed THREE switches between the Pokemon you've picked from Bulbapedia. You may have an Arceus in Victory Road switch places with a Bidoof on Route 1, for example. Alternatively, you may reroll a Pokemon from Bulbapedia, but this counts toward the three switches and cannot be rerolled again.
7)This is where it gets interesting. Find the Action Replay wild modifier code for reach Pokemon you've picked out and write it down. Put these codes in (BUT DO NOT ACTIVATE THEM YET!), and for each code, title the code the Pokemon's corresponding route. Also input a 100% capture code.
8) Now you start the game. Play normally until you're about to hit the first route that you have the ability to start catching Pokemon. Before walking into the grass, activate the code for the route, as well as the perfect capture code. Walk into the grass until you've encountered the Pokemon for that route. Catch it. Now that it's in your party, you must deactivate the code for the route. The code will never be used again. DO NOT catch any more Pokemon on the route. Follow this pattern with each route/place with wild encounters.
9) Have fun!

I will be playing on an emulator (I already have a hard copy of Black). Thus, there will be stills of my gameplay as I'm going through the challenge. I expect the first post of this challenge to go up by this afternoon. I will reveal the Pokemon that I must catch as I go along. For starting reference, my starter will be Snivy. See you soon!

Pretty interesting idea. In fact, it's the first of these challenges that actually interests me. Too bad I don't have a way to do it, though.

Anyway, instead of using the "random page" button on Bulbapedia and hoping for a Pokemon page to load, why don't you use a real Pokemon randomizer, like this one from Wyn Corporation. It's actually pretty customize-able - except you can't exclude certain regions.

Well, let's start!

bulbarandom1.png

bulbarandom2.png

Guy, of course.

bulbarandom3.png

I just had to. Anyway, TO ADVENTURE!

bulbarandom4.png

After that cinematic opening...

bulbarandom5.png

Axel: Well, you're early.
Roxas: No, I'm just late.

bulbarandom6.png

Our starter!

bulbarandom7.png

Robotic female voice from Injustice: Begin.

bulbarandom8.png

Whoo, got bad luck with a crit there. On to Cheren!

bulbarandom9.png

What?! One Leer and a few Tackles to all that?

bulbarandom10.png

MORTAL KOMBAAAAT!

bulbarandom11.png

What is it with me and the red zone?

bulbarandom12.png

Great, the item that was only useful in Black2 and White 2. Woohoo.

bulbarandom13.png

Father of the Year, everyone.

bulbarandom14.png

She can see it in your eyes...in your soul...

bulbarandom15.png

Because why the heck not.

bulbarandom16.png

Wait... did she just CHUCK the Pokedex to us?!

bulbarandom17.png

Town Map. Even though this game is linear as heck. Woohooo.

Y'know what, let's skip ahead to the first wild encounter because the tutorials in between won't be exciting. And what did I get?

Find out next post, because this is getting a bit long!

Now for my new compatriot! Who's that Pokemon?!

bulbarandom18.png

Eeyup, Mareep. Now, Mareep, forgive the pun, but JOIN THE HERD!

bulbarandom19.png

Because she had (or in this case, is) a little lamb.

Now I'll be off to level grind. See you then!

Now that Big Boss and Mary are both level 7, let's move on!

bulbarandom20.png

Yeah, but mine isn't even in the Unova Dex! Beat that!

bulbarandom21.png

One of the few times we'll use the Xtranceiver at all. #of Xtranceiver uses count:1

Let's skip the Pokemon Center tutorial.

bulbarandom22.png

Now, let us take part in this weird economy! Seriously, if it wasn't for the Route 9 Mall, the Pokemarts would have a friggin' monopoly in Unova.

bulbarandom23.png

Ah crap, Team Plasma and their PETA/ASPCA spheal (forgive the pun).

bulbarandom24.png

Hey, N! Wassup?

bulbarandom25.png

Eeyup, this guy's crazy if he hears Pokemon talking. Guess he came out of some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon acid trip or something.

bulbarandom26.png

And I gotta fight him. Eh, Purrloin won't be any trouble.

bulbarandom27.png

Yup, no problem at all.

bulbarandom28.png

So, I think this is a good place to stop for today. We have our first two party members, and are about to go to Route 2 for our next party member. Who will it be? See you tomorrow afternoon!

Daily Team Status:
bulbarandom29.png

Pretty interesting idea. In fact, it's the first of these challenges that actually interests me. Too bad I don't have a way to do it, though.

Anyway, instead of using the "random page" button on Bulbapedia and hoping for a Pokemon page to load, why don't you use a real Pokemon randomizer, like this one from Wyn Corporation. It's actually pretty customize-able - except you can't exclude certain regions.
Thanks for the interest! If I do another randomized game, I'll keep that in mind, so thanks for letting me know about that!

And we're back! On to Route 2!

bulbarandom30.png

...How the heck did they get the date on an emulator?

bulbarandom31.png

Xtranceiver use count: 2

bulbarandom32.png

Woohoo!

And who is our newest team member?

bulbarandom33.png

Natu! Now JOIN THE FLOCK!

bulbarandom34.png

This is a somewhat long explanation. The Xatu line is based off of the quetzal, which is native to Guatemala. A nickname for people that live in Guatemala are called Chapines. Therefore, Chapin.

bulbarandom35.png

Alright, first official Trainer fight!

bulbarandom36.png

...And Chapin barely survives.

And I'll be off to level grind Chapin!

And we're back!

bulbarandom37.png

Chapin is now level 8, so let's move on!
Let's skip the rest of the trainer battles on this route for now.

bulbarandom38.png

...Except for this one. Let's go, Chapin!

bulbarandom39.png

All by himself. Granted, there was a Potion involved, but still. On to Striaton!

bulbarandom40.png

...Drat. There goes Route 3...

bulbarandom41.png

And let's check the school for the waiter guys.

bulbarandom42.png

...And Cheren is there instead. Clyde, I hate you. Well, let's fight Cheren.

bulbarandom43.png

Chapin gains a level, learns Teleport, and the battle is ours! Chapin even managed to beat Tepig by himself!

bulbarandom44.png

Even though the gym leader's Pansear's Incinerate can burn up those berries...

bulbarandom45.png

Fine, if you say so...

bulbarandom46.png

Yay, our one-time Cut slave. For the purposes of this challenge, this will not be used against Chlli.

bulbarandom47.png

Well, I'll go train my team (sans Panpor, who I did not give a nickname) to Level 13. In case I don't finish in time, here's the Daily Team Update:

bulbarandom48.png

See you guys later!

And we're back!

bulbarandom49.png

I finished level grinding (man Chapin was a pain to grind up), so let's take on the gym!

I'll just skip to the leader. The puzzle is easy as heck, and the trainers are nothing notable. Just some level 11 Pokemon.

bulbarandom50.png

Bring it on!

bulbarandom51.png

First up, I'll take on Lillipup with Chapin. Lillipupis nothing special, but I gotta watch out for Bite and Work Up.

bulbarandom52.png

Chapin beats him with with a lucky crit and gains a level!

bulbarandom53.png

And last up is Mary versus Pansear! Pansear doesn't have anything particularly deadly at first, but watch for Work Up stacking.

bulbarandom54.png

And ThunderShock spam does it in!

bulbarandom55.png

And the Trio Badge is ours! Badges 1/8 obtained
We get the Work Up TM as well. Snazzy.

bulbarandom56.png

Because we should always go into a stranger's house upon their insistence.

bulbarandom57.png

We get Cut HM and nothing else special. And we get tasked to go to the Dreamyard. And to the Dreamyard we go!

bulbarandom58.png

And here comes the only time that Panpour will be useful to me for this challenge. Go, therefore, and be somewhat useful!

bulbarandom59.png

Why yes, but what I gotta catch here isn't exactly mysterious...

bulbarandom60.png

Aw...

bulbarandom61.png

...And they go on friggin' KICKING IT. In the words of Fluttershy:
bulbarandom61.jpg

bulbarandom62.png

Bring it on!

bulbarandom63.png

And one Snivy beating the crap out of a Patrat and a Purrloin later, we got 'em.

bulbarandom64.png

First N's tripping, now WE'RE tripping! At least it'll get TP off of Munna.

bulbarandom65.png

So basically, Musharna used naturally made hallucinogenics to save Munna? DRUGS in a kid's game?

So, who's our next party member?

bulbarandom66.png

Lombre! It won't be a mainstay, though.

bulbarandom67.png

Because Miror B. You don't need any more justification than the most glorious man in all Pokemon.

bulbarandom68.jpg

Anyway, let's go see Fennel again.

bulbarandom69.png

Yay. Even though we won't be able to use it. And the Pal Pad, also similarly useless.

bulbarandom70.png

So, we're about to head on out to Route 3. What challenges will we face and who will join our team next? Find out next time!

Daily Team Update:
bulbarandom71.png

Badges:
Trio Badge
Days Taken: 2
Total Game Time: 3:23

Attachments

Alright, time for an update!
But first, I committed a wrong ever since I started this challenge. Since it's an original idea as far as I know...
images.jpg

There. Let's continue.

On to Route 3!
bulbarandom72.png

Let's take care of a few Trainer fights first.

bulbarandom73.png

OH CRA-

bulbarandom74.png

...Phew.

bulbarandom75.png

...Ah crap. Cheren again.

bulbarandom76.png

...And done.

bulbarandom77.png

OH YEAH, BABY!

bulbarandom78.png

...And she changes into a bipedal sheep. Magnificent.

bulbarandom79.png

Team Plasma again.

bulbarandom80.png

I'm afraid I have to use this again...

bulbarandom61.jpg

And we're tasked to rescue the girl's Pokemon from Team Plasma. Quite the urgent situation, but before we do that, let's get our next Pokemon, shall we?

bulbarandom81.png

Vulpix! Now JOIN THE PACK!

bulbarandom82.png

Because Japanese legend. If it was male, I could've made an Okami reference, but I'm fine with more obscure stuff.

Before we move on, I'll have Tamano catch up with the rest of the party. In case I don't make it in time due to my schedule, here's the Daily Team Update:
bulbarandom83.png

Badges:
Trio Badge
Days Taken (in which I actually did a legit update):3
Total Game Time: 3:41
Total Pokemon: 6

Attachments

Last edited:
We're back, baby! Sorry for the break, but whatcanyado? The whole team is now Level 15, so let's get a move on and rescue that Pokemon from TP!

bulbarandom84.png

Without further ado, let's go!

bulbarandom85.png

Well, before we do that, let's just quickly get our next catch.

bulbarandom86.png

Deerling! Once again, it will not be part of the team.

bulbarandom87.png

Why not.

bulbarandom88.png

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

bulbarandom89.png

Being overleveled is fun... (except in Pokemon X and Y, where it just brings a lack of fun due to the friggin' Exp. Share)

bulbarandom90.png

Crithax is fun, too.

bulbarandom91.png

Oh crap, they went to the Rubicante School of Villainous Intra-Group Teamwork.

bulbarandom92.png

Needless exposition!

bulbarandom93.png

I outleveled my rival. Wow, that's a first.

bulbarandom94.png

Alas, the Rubicante School of Villainous Intra-Group Teamwork grads forgot that Team Rubicante lost, too.

bulbarandom95.png

Some writer forgot about Colosseum and XD.

bulbarandom96.png

And they're gone. Let's move on to the rest of Route 3, then.

bulbarandom97.png

Okay... I don't think I'll need them, but I gotta be a nice guy and accept them.

Let's just skip the rest of the route. It'll be easier on both me and you.

bulbarandom98.png

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME-

bulbarandom99.png

So you scared the crap out of players everywhere just for a tutorial on dark grass? Cheren, do you have any better things to do?

bulbarandom100.png

We have arrived at Nacrene! Also, 100th screenshot!

bulbarandom101.png

Thank you, Captain Obvious, even though we can FRIGGIN' SEE IT! Anything else?

bulbarandom102.png

Chesto Berries. Yay.

bulbarandom103.png

...Sorry to say this guys, but we won't have any fighting types against Lenora.

upload_2014-5-22_18-50-10.png

bulbarandom104.png

So, we are now at Nacrene. Next time, we're getting our next possible team member in Pinwheel Forest exterior, and possibly starting the second Gym.

Daily Team Update:
bulbarandom105.png

Badges:
Trio Badge
Total Time Taken: 4:29
Total Pokemon: 7

And we are back!
bulbarandom106.png

We are now in Nacrene Town, so let's move on to Pinwheel Forest for our next team member!

bulbarandom107.png

We get Rock Smash! Now we can do stuff like this!
upload_2014-5-25_21-1-23.png

bulbarandom108.png

Hello, nurse! She can provide a free healup, but you gotta beat her first!

So what is our next team member?
bulbarandom109.png

Pinsir! He will be a permanent team member!

bulbarandom110-b.png

Because "Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jager!" (Insert epic trumpets and POTATO PIZZA here)

bulbarandom111.png

Yeah, this is gonna be a short post. I gotta train my team to Level 18 (and then to 20 before Lenora). So, next time, we'll take on the second Gym for the Basic Badge!

Daily Team Update:
bulbarandom112.png

Badges:
Trio Badge
Total Time Taken: 4:37
Total Pokemon: 8

Attachments

Sorry for the long wait. Balancing life, level grinding, and watching Attack On Titan is NOT easy. Anyway, our team is level 18, so let's head off to the Nacrene Gym!

bulbarandom115.png

Oh, the trippy hippie again. Also, insert "I see dead people" joke here.

bulbarandom116.png

I'm not exactly an idealist, so no.

bulbarandom117.png

Let's just skip what happens in this fight, I outlevel him by about five anyway.

bulbarandom118.png

Sweep!

bulbarandom119.png

So I assume he's on the Chaos alignment now? (Percent chance that anyone here will get the Shin Megami Tensei reference: 1%)

bulbarandom120.png

Zekrom... Okay. But a guy like him can't get the Vast Black Pokemon...right?
Also, he said that me and him would be friends. Buddy, you creep me out.
So, let's go to the gym for real this time!

That's all for now. Sorry for the quick update, but time constraints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)