Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing no one found out the little guy's name yet. I've been staring at it the past couple minutes and the only thing I can figure out is the last two katakana. It looks like he/be/pe and then ko/go, at least it does to me. Stupid blurry pic

Pokabu will probably be a fire type mamoswine(Ground/Fire type) However he can't hold a TORCH to dragon killler Mamoswine! Heh. love my careful nature SweetSwine! not even Draco meteor mence can stop her, I'm not gonna even say chomp, Lati's surf can't cut it, I tested it and max Hp/Sp.def Mamoswine can even take a 394 flamethrower from heatran on a very low Hp and Earthquake it away! What Pokaba could do is strike fear to metagross,scizor,magnezone,skarmory,jirachi or any other steel type pokemon!

So I'm guessing no one found out the little guy's name yet. I've been staring at it the past couple minutes and the only thing I can figure out is the last two katakana. It looks like he/be/pe and then ko/go, at least it does to me. Stupid blurry pic
It's just wayyy too fuzzy to tell what its name is. It's probably not even its final name anyway.

Dark/Poison for Kormori would be amazing with levitate since then it would have no weaknesses, 4 resistances and an immunity. Given that it is thought to have 90-100 HP before it evolves could make it OU worthy with the right movepool (whirlwind + toxic spikes seem to fit the pokemon's style).

Dark/Poison for Kormori would be amazing with levitate since then it would have no weaknesses, 4 resistances and an immunity. Given that it is thought to have 90-100 HP before it evolves could make it OU worthy with the right movepool (whirlwind + toxic spikes seem to fit the pokemon's style).
That'd be pretty cool, but I just can't see it not being part flying, due to those wings.

I apologize for not being active, but I'd rather not muse about the billions of pages I missed. =P

They've shown Triple Battles, they've shown Double Battles, but have we ever seen any footage of a Single Battle? Actually, no, thinking back on it, we have.

It's not a Koffing evolution (split from Weezing) because of the color scheme, unless randomly purple turns into light blue. And yes, I agree with Shuckle Man. That thing has to get Explosion. Or at least Selfdestruct, I don't care either way.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The tusk thing's name seem to be Mapako from that picture.

But that's irrelevant, Tsutarja is called "Aibi" (Ivy) in that beta artwork so even if Koromori's name is actually right on it, don't count on too much on the names.

I still see the thing that everyone is arguing about as Ononokusu's first form.
I thought that about the anime sketch and my mind hasn't been changed after seeing the doll.
That said, I wouldn't be shocked if there's no relation.

My main stab at Ononokusu's typing is Dragon/Ground because of the type of lizard on which it seems to be based.
Also,we know that GF has no problem recycling pseudo legendary (if it indeed one) typings.

My secondary guesses are various combinations of Dark, Dragon, Rock and Steel.
Dark is just from the coloration and visual similarities with Tyranitar.
Rock because that is often interchangeable with Ground flavour-wise.
Steel because of the sharp blades that protrude from its face.

Dark/Steel with 4x ghost resist and STAB pursuit could make a decent trapper with the right stats.
Offensively, the combo gives decent neutral coverage as well.
It would have to watch out for fighting moves though, just like Ttar.

Venomoth, Flygon, Beedrill, Dustox.

Dark/Poison with Levitate would be bad ass, with that big HP stat, and hopefully some defence.
Out of those Pokemon you listed, none of their wings are anything like an actual flying animal's wings (the bugs are insect like, which fly, but that is represented by their bug typing and Flygon's dragon typing). His wings are clearly like a bat, and by extension, the Zubat line, though more specifically Crobat. I guess it's possible, but I'm betting on part flying.

Has anyone speculated on the Green Pokemon with the brocolli head yet?
I think this may be the Koala type Grass pokemon that many have speculated about.

Good Morning all Smogon users! Ahh! It looks like the topic for today is on Ononokusu, A pokemon who looks to me like Giratina's SON! Anyway I doubt it's a young version of giratina but gamefreak did get Ononokusu's look from their own Giratina. Hmmm, His type guesses: Bug, rock, ground, ghost, dark, dragon, or steel has to be one of the combinations. My personal guess Dragon/dark( This was supposed to be Zakrom's type not dragon/electric, but like alway gamefreak screwed her....) If I had a second guess for Ononokusu's type, possibly bug/dark (an evil armaldo) Anyway Did I say that Ononokusu look is my favorite next to Zakrom!
I agree! I think it will be Dragon/Dark, it just looks very menacing and doesn't part of it's name mean evil? Or it could be Dragon/Rock, that'd be cool... Not as good though ha. As long as we don't get another Dragon/Ground type.

I hope we get a nice amount of Pokemon... I'm playing through HeartGold (:heart::heart::heart:) and the one problem I always had with Gen2 was... Where are the Gen2 Pokemon!? 6 badges in, and only there have only been 2 Johto Pokemon used (Miltank and Steelix). They are all either caught too late (Kanto, wtf?) or no trainers use them. I hope in Gen5 they include a lot of new Pokemon in the gym leaders' teams, trainers' teams, etc etc (Though it is nice to see some unused Pokemon from past gens). HeartGold is pretty much otherwise though :D

That'd be pretty cool, but I just can't see it not being part flying, due to those wings.
Flygon has wings and it has levitate so do Lati@s. Poison/flying and Dark/Flying are both inferior defensively to Poison/Dark with levitate so I am keeping my hopes up for now.

The wings that Kormori has are really small anyway when compared to his body.

The new broccoli head pokemon could be a pre-evo to the green ghostly/amoeba we saw earlier in screen shots. Hopefully it is since it looks like the kind of pokemon that players will have access to early in the game.

I'm pretty positive Ononokusu is a frill lizard and not a mantis, I mean... look at him <___<

That and Frill Lizards are capable of being bipedal, and they typically use their frills to instill fear in predators, hence "to be feared"

The tusk thing's name seem to be Mapako from that picture.

But that's irrelevant, Tsutarja is called "Aibi" (Ivy) in that beta artwork so even if Koromori's name is actually right on it, don't count on too much on the names.
Could be "Mabako" too. According to vaguely similar word matches from EUDict, either would make some semblance of sense, with "maeba" meaning front tooth, and "mappa" meaning underling. And, well, we've seen "ko" on the end of names so many times, I'm sure you know what that means. The only kana I'm vaguely sure about is the middle one, that definitely looks like either "ba" or "pa". I didn't see "ko" but that would make sense. First kana doesn't look like "ma" to me at all, though.

Who the hell is still saying Ononokusu looks like mantis? Arrrgh!! It is not even vaguely bug like...!!

Out of those Pokemon you listed, none of their wings are anything like an actual flying animal's wings (the bugs are insect like, which fly, but that is represented by their bug typing and Flygon's dragon typing). His wings are clearly like a bat, and by extension, the Zubat line, though more specifically Crobat. I guess it's possible, but I'm betting on part flying.
Bugs are not animals anymore I guess! :P

At this point, Game Freak is capable of going with either option. I hope it'll get Levitate if it doesn't get a cooler ability!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)