Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of something cool earlier-
This "N" character has plans to seperate pokemon right, well what if he does so kinda in the same way as in Pokemon Colleseum, and XD? (I'm assuming there the same I've never played XD)
So this would bring about a scenario in which every time we battled him we could capture and "save" one of his pokemon.
This would be extremely cool, if say he captured the legendary before you. In order to obtain it you have to defeat his team, and the last one would be that very legend.

Just an Idea.

Also didn't they say more information would come on pokemon sunday this week?
Stealing a Pokemon from an advocate of Pokemon rights... that's just fucked up.

If we can transfer Pokemon from DPPHGSS, which seems likely given the means for acquiring Zor@rk, then Outrage Salamence, Kingdra, Flygon and Altaria will still be available even if the tutor goes away.
Unless they have transfer restrictions that disallow tutor moves but that's not bloody likely, IMO.
The worst that will happen is that Outrage might be illegal with some desirable new Egg Move.

Remember, they also introduced a 140 BP special attack specifically for Dragons (at the same time as base 150 SpA Dragon legendaries) in addition to increasing the power of Outrage by 33% then giving it to every Dragon.
Now we'll have Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric Legends and a possible Mold Breaker Pseudo-legendary.
It's pretty clear that Dragons are meant to pwn and I don't expect the type to be nerfed at all.
Honestly, I don't mind...some Pokemon need to be feared.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't see the problem with Outrage as a tutor. Outrage is a ridiculous move, but as of now, as Garchomp got banned, the problem isn't the move being tutored, but motherfucking Salamence.

That, and Draco Meteor. Fuck that shit.

Well it is his own sense of justice. So is he using them for good or evil?
My main problem is this isn't XD where they were capturing Pokemon to create the ultimate shadow Pokemon for world dominance (Lugia: XD). He is using Pokemon to free thousands, possibly millions more. It doesn't matter if you believe in what he is doing, but the moral line is far more gray than XD and stealing Pokemon as an integral part of the game would be stupid.

Yeah, the Dragon type is pretty fucked up if you look at the balance... The bad thing is, they cannot really fix this just by adding pokemon... Technician STAB IceShard would help A LOT against Dragons (and I still think we're going to get this in Gen 5). But we need an Ice type for this. And that means that aside from revenge killing, this thing cannot do much...
They cannot add a Steel tank to switch into any dragon either, as Dragon/Fire/Ground gets them all.
And I do not think they're going to do anything to the Type Chart. And they're not gonna change old sets.

So there is only one way to add a Pokemon to balance all dragon types: Add a shuckle evo (or two...).

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
They could just make it so that damaging weather is now affected by the type chart. This means dragons will take 25% per turn from hail...lol. It also means that Sandstorm adds even more centralization around rock resistances though...and it completely fucks flying types.

That would work actually, and Pokemon countered to dragons could just put Hail on their movesets(assuming they aren't weak to ice).

But then again the dragons might start carrying weather moves too :O

Also, it feels such a waste...I personally think Gen 5 is coming too soon. DPP's "perfect" metagame isn't sorted out, Shoddy 2 isn't out, Salamence is still a problem, NU Pokemon don't even get an analysis revamp yet(and they NEED one, the sets are old)...

Triple battles are going to be so cool...tons of messed up stuff to try.
Apparently, the middle Pokemon gets an attack boost and can hit all opponents.
What if you surround it with two helping handers? Will it stack?
What if the two helping handers are Minun and minus Gear with Plusle in the middle?
Scarfed You First Minezumi kick starting something slow and powerful that can now switch moves?
It seems quite a few strategies might be based on supporting the middle Pokemon with the other two.

They could just make it so that damaging weather is now affected by the type chart. This means dragons will take 25% per turn from hail...lol. It also means that Sandstorm adds even more centralization around rock resistances though...and it completely fucks flying types.
The best thing I've thought of so far was an ability to make pokemon immune against Dragon. Considering how the Dragon Attacks we have work, it should be called "Peace Bringer" or something like that, making the opponent unable to attack with extremely violent attacks (kinda like Soundproof does with sound attacks). It could affect the "user", too, in order to balance it a bit. Give that to Dragonite and Salamence is done for. Other candidates for this include Wigglytuff, Ampharos and Bellossom.

@ below
I totally second Technician Weavile.

Scarfed You First Minezumi kick starting something slow and powerful that can now switch moves?
Ever since they announced You First I've been trying to figure how the hell that's helpful, and now, after reading your post, I know: Making DP Machamp go first. I think Minezumi will make friends with a lot of tanks. To bad he'll probably really frail and will only be around for 2-3 turns (perhaps more if you predict right and take out any of his threats).

Sandstreamer said:
Technician STAB IceShard would help A LOT against Dragons
They need to give Weavile Technician. A set of Fake Out/Ice Shard/Pursuit/Low Kick with a Life Orb is a pretty deadly revenge killer.

Mario With Lasers

I don't think Weavile will get Technician simply because they were both introduced in the same generation and even then weren't paired together.

It's like asking for Flygon to get Sand Stream in B/W.

Tyrantiar: Yes....my plans for world control are finally coming into reality. Now with type dependent perma-sand I will rule the world.

Joking aside I would laugh and cried if that ever happened. All those who had it hard when Stealth Rock was introduced will surely cry when they out that kind of bullshit was happening.

i dont quite understand where this theory originated from, it has no basis on anything except for mr booger's ability, which i believe to only negate hail and sandstorm damage

I don't think Weavile will get Technician simply because they were both introduced in the same generation and even then weren't paired together.

It's like asking for Flygon to get Sand Stream in B/W.
Yea, but Flygon's one ability makes sense. Weavile with just Pressure makes no sense at all, especially since Sneasel had two abilities already.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they looked back over all the older Pokemon and decided Weavile with Technician kinda makes sense like they did with Hitomtop and Scyther when they made it.

Mario With Lasers

Yea, but Flygon's one ability makes sense. Weavile with just Pressure makes no sense at all, especially since Sneasel had two abilities already.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they looked back over all the older Pokemon and decided Weavile with Technician kinda makes sense like they did with Hitomtop and Scyther when they made it.
You have a point about Weavile having only one ability. However, what I mean here is that they debuted at the same generation, so you shouldn't expect Game Freak to give Technician to it in B/W. Scyther and Hitmontop don't count, because they got Technician the generation it was created. You may expect Weavile to get a new ability, but not Technician or any old one.

You have a point about Weavile having only one ability. However, what I mean here is that they debuted at the same generation, so you shouldn't expect Game Freak to give Technician to it in B/W. Scyther and Hitmontop don't count, because they got Technician the generation it was created. You may expect Weavile to get a new ability, but not Technician or any old one.
I always get the feeling gamefreak tries to "test the waters" so to speak a generation before they try it out with other pokemon. For example, in gen 3 they had sableye, the first pokemon without a weakness. Then in gen 4 they realized a ghost/dark wasn't a broken typing and created spiritomb who is like sableye but better. With magic guard they gave it to clefable in gen 4, and now it looks like they're branching out and giving other pokemon that ability in gen 5. Way back in gen 2 they had quagsire, and gen 3 swampert. Gen 2 thick club marowak, gen 3 pure power azumarill and medicham.

I think in gen 5 they'll do the same with Normalize, Stall, and Technician.

I noticed something potentially exciting:

Kibago (キバゴ) is the Tusk Pokemon, a Dragon-type. Its abilities are Rivalry and Mold Breaker. If Kibago is a pseudolegendary, this means that pseudolegendaries in Gen 5 might now receive 2 abilities.

You know what this means? Game Freak might finally help Dragonite not be inferior to Mence! ^_^

calm down there, weavile still got a open slot for a evolution right? there you go, pressure+tech.

lame jokes aside i think weavile could use a useless almost no useful shit evo like dusclops got if only for tech...humm...base 130 speed and 125 atack? 90 special defense and 70 defense....same shit typing....75 hp....oh lets drop its special atack to 5 to round things up!

im using gamefreak logic here.

Edit:fuck yeah gary! i love you man.

I noticed something potentially exciting:

Kibago (キバゴ) is the Tusk Pokemon, a Dragon-type. Its abilities are Rivalry and Mold Breaker. If Kibago is a pseudolegendary, this means that pseudolegendaries in Gen 5 might now receive 2 abilities.

You know what this means? Game Freak might finally help Dragonite not be inferior to Mence! ^_^
That would be sweet! Dragonite needs some love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)