Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure no problem, lets give weavile a ability that boost all of its moves power by 50% and call it a day.
That's actually not as broken as it seems since Technician would really only make him better at his little niche of revenge killing. Machamp, Metagross, and Lucario with Vacuum Wave are just three that would eat this set for dinner. He would probably just become the top revenge killer in the OU, but nothing more (probably some small action in Ubers, but I don't know that meta very well).

Besides, while Technician isn't possible, they could merely give it a clone and call it a day.
Deal.

They need to give Weavile Technician. A set of Fake Out/Ice Shard/Pursuit/Low Kick with a Life Orb is a pretty deadly revenge killer.
Yes, please.

And I love the idea of hail hitting Dragons harder. In fact, can we just power up all weather, besides Sandstorm? I don't really know how. Maybe just with more usable Sun/Rain sweepers. And a Hail equivalent of Swift Swim/Chloryphyll. (Frost Dash? Snowshoes?)

Yes, please.

And I love the idea of hail hitting Dragons harder. In fact, can we just power up all weather, besides Sandstorm? I don't really know how. Maybe just with more usable Sun/Rain sweepers. And a Hail equivalent of Swift Swim/Chloryphyll. (Frost Dash? Snowshoes?)
I don't think rain needs a boost. Kindgra, Kabutops and Ludicolo are excellent rain abusers.

Dragonite has plenty of love. Inner Focus is a fantastic ability in doubles. Immunity to Fake Out is huge.
The problem is, Salamence has Intimidate. I'm no expert with doubles, but cutting the attack of two Pokemon seems a lot better than avoiding a first-turn only flinch move which only hits one of your Pokemon. Salamence is also faster and has higher special attack to utilize Heat Wave with.

Dragonite has plenty of love. Inner Focus is a fantastic ability in doubles. Immunity to Fake Out is huge.
Except the fact singles is probably played more, where Inner Focus is a very niche, borderline useless, ability.

Fuck it just give him Thick Fat + Inner Focus. Come on, they finally made ExtremeSpeed an egg move for him right? 8D Gamefreak, do that big ol' Dragonite right plz. Give him Thick Fat.

Yes, please.

I think the only weathers that need a boost are sun and hail. Sun needs better sweepers and hail needs a good sweeping ability.

For the record, I fully support Dragonite getting Thick Fat. If they can give it Extremespeed then they could definitely give it an ability that makes sense, and could actually make Dragonite more feasible than Salamence in certain situations.

Hail could do more to Dragons, but according to GameFreak's philosophy I don't think they'd do that. Fact of the matter is, GameFreak has intentionally made Dragons good because GF feels they should be good. I don't support this, but most pseudolegends are Dragon and now a lot of legends are, too.

Unfortunately it's hard to make two Dragon/Flying types with similar builds viable at the same time. Without some very specific modifications (Thick Fat + Extremespeed for starters), one will always be just better than the other. Also, Gamefreak doesn't care if Dragonite is locked in a basement closet and forgotten forever.

On the other hand, can we have a bulky wall-ish Dragon please? I'm not looking forward to Ononokusu being Chomp's dopey cousin who didn't get the memo that their kind weren't cool in OU.

i dont consider nite and mence builds similar actually. nite is slower and both of its offensive stats are lower, on the other hand all of his defensive stats(bar hp for some weird reason) are higher.

thing is dont use offensive nite. its bulky, defensive, stall, support or whatever but not offensive.

Does anybody want more type absorbing abilities like water absorb? Maybe one for steel so Scizor doesn't dominate. A fire typed motor drive would be nice too.

I realized something that I guess should of been kind of obvious. Mold Breaker could be very useful indeed. If Double Chop does end up being competitively viable...

Didn't they say there would be a new ability protecting the bearer from multi-hit moves?

Also, comments about earlier: If the attack is "to wind or coil" it would make a lot of sense, as Tsutaja is a snake (Well, at least according to the pokedex). And it would most likely be given to Arbok, Seviper, maybe Dunsparce... and whatever other snakes there are. As for the person saying that Tsutaja will likely become part poison due to having that move...

Chikorita learns poisonpowder. Does that make Meganium a poison type?

Does anybody want more type absorbing abilities like water absorb? Maybe one for steel so Scizor doesn't dominate. A fire typed motor drive would be nice too.
A fire-type with an ability that 'consumed' steel type moves would be awesome. Have an ability called something like Furnace. Provides a boost to the fire type's Def when hit with a steel attack?

I realized something that I guess should of been kind of obvious. Mold Breaker could be very useful indeed. If Double Chop does end up being competitively viable...

Didn't they say there would be a new ability protecting the bearer from multi-hit moves?

Also, comments about earlier: If the attack is "to wind or coil" it would make a lot of sense, as Tsutaja is a snake (Well, at least according to the pokedex). And it would most likely be given to Arbok, Seviper, maybe Dunsparce... and whatever other snakes there are. As for the person saying that Tsutaja will likely become part poison due to having that move...

Chikorita learns poisonpowder. Does that make Meganium a poison type?
hey i like the way you think! that would make sense that they would make a coiling move poison (a type of most snake pokemon) would be learnt and easily distributed. It wouldnt be fair to give tsutaja 2 unique moves since we don't know who else will get grass mixer. then again, it is gf

Why we dislike the Sinnoh dex?

THREE Water/Ground types
THREE Water/Flying types
ONE Fire type (Not accounting the starter)
A LOT of completely useless stuff (Mothim, Pachirisu, etc etc)
A LOT of pokes that were too hard to count for the results they yield (Wormadam? Vespiquen? Please...)

That might help.
I'm way too lazy to look up comparison numbers for all the other gens, but

1. Water/Ground is fantastic typing. Both are useful types, and combined they're only better. Having three of them gives you a choice. Having several Water/Ground types is nowhere near as bad as Gen 1's pure Poison-types who were all basically useless.

2. 3 Water/Flying types? Okay, got me there, but Wingull and later Pelipper, combined with Bibarel, made the premier duo of HM slaves until Platinum's easier-to-obtain Bibarel and Tropius. And Gyarados just destroys shit and shouldn't really be a score against the Dex because it's in every single one.

3. Like I said, yes, there was one Fire-type besides Chimchar's line, but it's available at the point where it's usefulness is high and early in the game. There was only one, but it was placed in the perfect spot. Platinum fixed this also by adding some more for choice.

4. >Implying there aren't a ton of useless things in every other dex ever.

5. This goes with the useless Pokemon bullet, and seperating it is really just trying to manufacture another reason Sinnoh's dex Pokemon aren't that great. If they're so hard to get, just ignore Honey Trees. Sure, you won't get Heracross and Munchlax but there are still many good Pokemon choices.

Sinnoh introduced a lot of Pokemon who were excellent in the archetype, like Staraptor, Luxray, and even Bibarel was not awful like, say, Furret. One of the things the Sinnoh Dex has done better than any game so far is distribution of useful Pokemon. Many decent Pokemon are available during the first half of the badges in the game, when most people are building their team because any later and it's hard for the new Pokemon to keep up, which most games fail at doing. Platinum only improved, with LOLGiblebythirdbadge and more Fire-types and new evolutions to buff up some of the new Dex additions that weren't available until after the E4 in DP.

The only bad part about the dex, I'd think, is that a Pokemon is either shit or great for beating the game, and since people of course would want to use good stuff, there's less variety for building a decent team for the storyline. Other dexes tend to be mostly shit in my opinion, balancing things out. And I'm not sure that paragraph makes any sense, just trying to think of something I genuinely didn't like about the Sinnoh Dex. I'd really argue it was the best one.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Telepathy protects the bearer from multi-target friendly-fired moves in doubles/triples, not multi-hit moves.

And no, we don't know who has this ability.

Well, thank religious figure that we finally get Telepathy. It'll be nice to use Explosion freely without using Protect on your other two pokemon :P

This Generation...we got some great abilities, cool concepts, and what looks like a lot of intuitive gameplay...I'm not complaining. Keep sending us 'mons!

Triple Battles looks like fun :D

Can't wait to try out new strategies with it! Telepathy will be useful...hopefully some more bulky Pokemon get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)