Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's pretty safe to say that it will have no connection to Lucario. This thing is the star of the next movie, and those things have always been distinct Legendary or pseudo-legendary Pokemon, and not just alternate forms or whatever of Pokemon from a previous movie. Plus, at least to me, the silhouette has no real resemblance to Lucario anyway besides some generic canine characteristics.

As for what I think it could be, here's my speculation on that from another forum:
Shiron said:
Personally, if anything, I agree with the resemblance to Ninetales that a few people have mentioned. Phantom Champion Z does indeed seem to have a possibility of having some ability of shape-shifting or illusions (at least if the speculation of it being what's behind the "Shadow Ash" seen in the trailer is true, which I feel to be a likely possibility), in which case a connection to the kitsune legends would make sense. Of course, even if that is the case, I'm still expecting it to be completely distinct from Ninetales, being both its own line and a Legendary, but sharing the connection of being based off of the kitsune legends.

Definately getting the Werewolf vibe here. I think it could be Fighting/Grass. It's feet look awfully rootlike to me, and that giant leaf at the end of it's hair seems to help the idea. Maybe evolve Riolu near the Grassy Stone used for Leafeon?

I did not draw this.
-pic-

I repeat, I did not draw this, just found it on the internet. Looks pretty likely imo.
Nah, that's just random fanart of what appears to be a female branch-off of the Lucario family. And since it's pre-existing fanart (or if it was something that was quickly drawn based on the outline), the chances of it actually matching up are pretty slim. It's of course possible, but I would not place any bets on it.

EDIT: @Slyguy46: ...A leaf? Not seeing that. It's hair/mane just seems to be tied in the lower section, thinning it out for a bit before it widens up again. I suppose that's what it could be, but it just being a division of the mane seems more likely to me.

I severely doubt that was pre-existing, but yeah i mean we all know its not gonna look just like that lol...though i wouldn't mind something similar.

Nah, that's just random fanart of what appears to be a female branch-off of the Lucario family. And since it's pre-existing fanart (or if it was something that was quickly drawn based on the outline), the chances of it actually matching up are pretty slim. It's of course possible, but I would not place any bets on it.
Definitely that. You make strong points about this Pokemon being something unrelated to previous evolutionary lines, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to this art, either.

To be honest... im pretty fucking scared. The ammount of new pokemon and new moves will be impossible to comprehend. Im affraid of not being able to get into it any more and not being able to keep up with it. Appart from that... Let sthe speculation war begin!

EDIT: @Slyguy46: ...A leaf? Not seeing that. It's hair/mane just seems to be tied in the lower section, thinning it out for a bit before it widens up again. I suppose that's what it could be, but it just being a division of the mane seems more likely to me.

I know it looks most likely like it's not, but I just wanted to point out something that still could be a possibility, no matter how little it might be.

Still, Gen V is coming. Awesome.

That fan art looks amazing, btw.

sooo exciting!!! the idea of it being a Lucario-like creature seems to be fresh in our minds, but i think there's a decent chance it could be not only a non-legendary, but a Pokemon that's not even essential to the movie. they could just be previewing it just because the shadow is cool. for example, it could be a Ground/Fighting evo of Sandslash or something.

personally, i'm getting a Sonic the Hedgehog vibe from it =P

I'm practically the opposite. The potential awesome here is rediculous. Balancing out the types a bit with better moves, Possible double type moves, hopefully evolutions for Mawile and Sableye, a more balanced system of entry hazards. They could perfect Pokemon this gen. Keeping up won't be too hard. I do think it blows alot of the wind out of suspect testing at this point though.

I like the look of the new thing, but it seems too similar to Lucario. as in they're capitalizing on his Success. Unless It's Lucario's Dark fighting nemesis that has far worse typing than Lucario. Good offensively though.

I really doubt it's a legendary. So far, the first Pokemon revealed for a generation have never turned out to be the legendary ones, unless you count Ho-Oh in the first episode of the anime. It might turn out to be related to previous ones, but personally I think it'll just be a new Pokemon on its own.

sooo exciting!!! the idea of it being a Lucario-like creature seems to be fresh in our minds, but i think there's a decent chance it could be not only a non-legendary, but a Pokemon that's not even essential to the movie. they could just be previewing it just because the shadow is cool. for example, it could be a Ground/Fighting evo of Sandslash or something.

personally, i'm getting a Sonic the Hedgehog vibe from it =P
No. They did say that it's the "key Pokemon" of the movie. Whether it actually is "Phantom Champion Z" or not seems to be a bit unclear, but it does seem to be a Pokemon that will hold an important role in the movie, so it's most likely not just part of a starter family or a new evolution or something like that. Whatever it is, it seems to be part of an entirely new line.

It might fill a role similar in the movie to Lucario in the 8th movie. The silhouette really doesn't come off as legendary-esque to me.

Well, the unblurred version of the picture will come out on Pokemon Sunday, February 21, so we only have to wait two weeks till we see what it really looks like.

They're really hyping up the movie, eh? Celebi, Suicune, Entei, and Raikou, plus Gen V?

If they are hiring a 3-D modeler, the Megaman Battle Network/Starforce format would be cool, but I don't know how attacking would work. Although it would make Pokemon kind of more realistic because then you would be able to dodge attacks. If they do follow the Megaman BN/SF format then speed would have to change as in how many times you can attack in a certain time period

I think it would be funny as hell if Gamefreak just left it all black except for eyes and an outline.

I really doubt it's a legendary. So far, the first Pokemon revealed for a generation have never turned out to be the legendary ones, unless you count Ho-Oh in the first episode of the anime. It might turn out to be related to previous ones, but personally I think it'll just be a new Pokemon on its own.
In past generations, they started advertising the new generation like two years in advance, last time starting off with the Deoxys Movie, then giving us Bonsly and Munchlax in XD, then Lucario, and finally Manaphy. This time though, they're starting the advertising much later, and giving us only one movie before the games actually come out. What that means, is that they'll only have one movie to start the "hype-machine" going before the games are released. Considering that, it's much more likely that they'll be using this one-shot on something like a Legendary to get as much hype going as possible, instead of just using it on some random evolution. If we actually would have had 3 movies showing off 5th gen Pokemon like last time, then what you're saying would make sense, but seen as that's not the case this time, it seems to much more likely that they'll just give us a legendary to build as much hype as possible.

Well being non-legendary doesn't mean it won't produce a lot of hype. Just look at Lucario. It ended up being non-legendary but it still got people hyped up for the games and speculating and crap. I know it's a much faster pace this time, but I still don't think they'd make a legendary their first Pokemon revealed.

Based on that fan-art above (which, really, isn't much to go by), it almost looks like if you took Shaymin and loaded it up with steroids and threw in some Fighting (typing). It's like the Super Shaymin (Playing of you, Rising Dusk XP) of Pokemon. Of course, this thing could just be its own deal, which I hope more so for that than anything else.

Naxte said:
In past generations, they started advertising the new generation like two years in advance, last time starting off with the Deoxys Movie, then giving us Bonsly and Munchlax in XD, then Lucario, and finally Manaphy. This time though, they're starting the advertising much later, and giving us only one movie before the games actually come out. What that means, is that they'll only have one movie to start the "hype-machine" going before the games are released. Considering that, it's much more likely that they'll be using this one-shot on something like a Legendary to get as much hype going as possible, instead of just using it on some random evolution. If we actually would have had 3 movies showing off 5th gen Pokemon like last time, then what you're saying would make sense, but seen as that's not the case this time, it seems to much more likely that they'll just give us a legendary to build as much hype as possible.
Lucario has proven more popular than many of the other legendary Pokemon - it even made it into SSBB. If anything, your argument facilitates the possibility of this not being a legend.
BardanSkirata said:
It's like the Super Shaymin (Playing of you, Rising Dusk XP) of Pokemon.
Haha, nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)