Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I really like how the new thing looks (more than lucario well...nah they are both cool)
2. Again...when do you guys think the next pokie would be announced
I think next month in Corocoro maybe. But does anyone know how much/what kind of information might be revealed on Pokemon Sunday this week?

Yeah I actually like the pre-evo more than the final form (is it? lol jk jk pretty sure it will be), though I have to agree it is a bit cliche...but i can deal with some similar pokemons existing

1. I really like how the new thing looks (more than lucario well...nah they are both cool)
2. Again...when do you guys think the next pokie would be announced?

I sense sarcasm and a possible ban LOL
Yeah I just wish it would get a second type :\

I heard it will be next month, along with the abilities of these two new guys and some other stuff.

I, too, prefer Zorua to Zoroark, mainly because behind Zorua's cute looks is a malicious smirk.

It's a nice change from a lot of the other cute Pokemon.

I, too, prefer Zorua to Zoroark, mainly because behind Zorua's cute looks is a malicious smirk.

It's a nice change from a lot of the other cute Pokemon.
Actually, it is the same as a lot of other cute pokemon: small, dog or cat. Those two characteristics are on nearly every single cute pokemon.

I don't really care for Fire much, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have more. But I'd rather have more variety of other types that don't have a lot of Pokemon, such as Electric/Ice/Steel instead of Fire like most people always bug for. And like others have said it'd be cool to have some new type combos they've never had. I still can't believe there's no Fire/Dragon yet, and Bug/Electric makes sense too when you think of fireflies and other bugs that can produce light. Oh and Ice/Electric would be pretty cool too. STAB Boltbeam anyone?

Ghost/Fighting
Dark/Fighting
Ghost/Steel
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Ice

These are the type combos I would love to see within fifth gen. I always imaged Electric/Fighting to be a semi-intangible electric being, mind you though this came from watching that weird Megaman Starforce show.

I want
1)Bug legendary
2)Dunsparce dragon evo?
3) A cool dragon (sure we'll get another one)
4) A new elite four, like actually good and challenging.
5) GAME DIFFICULTY choices

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stop talking about the looks of the new Pokemon. We've started infracting people who continue to make bad posts even after their previous posts have been deleted.

Edit: While we're at it, let's not start with single line posts with "I want this type!!"

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this yet, but the scan says that it has a new evolution method. So it most likely won't evolve by happiness at night (Umbreon)
I am willing to bet that the evolution method has something to do with the full moon.
IMO, the whole monster/fox thing suggests a take on the werewolf.

They already have night and day while animal crossing has seasons.
However, it was irritating enough to only encounter Drifloon on Fridays.
So I don't relish the thought of catching seasonal Pokemon.

I'm not sure if Ghost/Steel would be a very good idea... If the Pokemon had stats that were in any way decent, along with usable moves, it would probably be ridiculous enough to make Fire moves extremely common and give Heatran an even bigger influence.

For now, I'm wondering if Game Freak will make this game challenging. The last one was way too easy.

well if they are going to make gen 5 challenging, then i hope they don't just slap on trainers using high level pokemon early on and call it a day.

lol, i've actually had the A.I using a stat up move when they used an attacking move last turn and the opponet is faster and will kill me if they attack me but i can kill them if i hit them again

lol, i've actually had the A.I using a stat up move when they used an attacking move last turn and the opponet is faster and will kill me if they attack me but i can kill them if i hit them again
Go to the Battle Factory.

I have opponents constantly using Ingrain multiple times, trying to Toxic my Steel pokemon over and over again, and using ineffective attacks and THEN supereffective ones.

You must be lucky, whenever I go to the Battle Factory they sit there and use Double Team Garchomp, although it is pretty fun to evade everything (mostly) if I get him.

I really do hope the get some better sprites and less crappy pokes (looking at Pachiresu or however you spell it). I really want to wee some more type balance and better AI, but the main thing is difficultly either being changed or have the ability to change.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about this yet, but the scan says that it has a new evolution method. So it most likely won't evolve by happiness at night (Umbreon)
Does it say that? Then, if it's supposed to represent "Evil"... perhaps it evolves from anger? And it'll be the first truly usable user for Frustration?

A pokemon that evolves from max unhappiness would be cool. Anyways Now we'd have a use for all those herbs we pick up on the ground and such.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, don't forget Chatot was pure-Flying back then. Maybe, just maybe, this one might get its typing slightly changed.

Roserade: Movepool + the stats to work with it-- Toxic Spikes, Spikes and Sleep Powder (+ Natural Cure). Can you imagine if this thing had been a water type instead of grass with the same movepool (with water STAB and Ice beam)? It'd have been INSANE.
You know that it is pretty much impossible, right?

Heatran's a bit lame
Well, let's be fair, it has a body made of steel (even though it's Fire/Steel so technically he's a fire-type with steel-like features but whatever) that gets constantly melted by the fire. It really can't be pretty.

I'm hoping for a somewhat new story. I mean, it's almost been the same each generation:
Start off in a town, receive first pokemon, collect Gym badges, along the way fight and defeat an evil organization, beat Elite 4. End. (Other than side quest stuff, i.e., Frontier, Stark Mt., Battle Tower, Pokédex)

How about something NEW?
I'd like for the hero(ine) to start out in some big city. Maybe a singular person comes along and kidnaps protaganist's family (maybe just a sibling, or a parent, or everyone else. Even a best friend/love interest). Second person enters, and says, "So-and-so has been kidnappzed, oh noez, and your puppy's throat was slit, too. I'll help you get your revenge by teaching you Pokémon battling skillz."

Multiple save files would be nice.
Also, choosing a path could be cool. Maybe I wanna be a Gym leader/Elite 4 member? After achieving that, you could leave your post for training, and get called back when there's a challenge waiting? It'd be neat.

Also: Zoroark looks awesome. Someone said it earlier, and I agree with that person: The "makeup" makes it look more sinister, akin to the Joker.

They already have night and day while animal crossing has seasons.
However, it was irritating enough to only encounter Drifloon on Fridays.
So I don't relish the thought of catching seasonal Pokemon.
They could always do their own version of "seasons" and "months," similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. That way they can still do the concept while having more than just four seasons to play with. Rainy/Snowy/Dry/Cool/Warm Wet/Cool Wet/Windy/etc, based on what part of the "world" you're situated in at that time.

Maybe not that complicated, but I think it's a neat idea that gives the player a reason to keep playing, other than just EV-grinding and "daily events" that have a cycle of little over a week.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Seasons is a great idea. Probably the best thing non-Pokemon thing they could add to the game. It gives you something new to experience every few months and makes the place actually feel like a real world.

-In the spring, Bug and Grass Pokemon are more common and you can catch baby Pokemon in the wild.
-In the summer, there is Sunny Day weather in some areas. Also, Fire Pokemon are more common.
-In the fall, bird Pokemon migrate to the southern areas of the region.
-In the winter, there is Hail weather in some areas. Ice Pokemon are more common. Rodent Pokemon go into hibernation.

There could even be special holidays where things like in-game giveaways happen and towns change their decorations and the NPCs say something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)