Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe it. They are too but ugly. I need to know where that came from. (Then again, they are just sillouetes. They might be amazing.)

that shit CANT be right, they look too ugly for starters! a charmander, shaymin and lanturn ripoffs!
The only one who looks even vaguely similar to what you just said is the Grass to Shaymin.

Fire Snake
Water Dolphin
Grass Deer/Elk/Moose

I could easily see the grass Pokemon's final form being Grass/Fighting, standing on its hind legs, wearing the hula skirt of flowers, etc. Not sure what to think of the Fire Snake. It has a weird ring/necklace thing going on. Dolphin... it's about damned time.

lanturn because its a donphin, charmander because its based on a lizard (and kind resemble a charmander with no legs and arms) and shaymin for obvious reasons.

The grass one doesn't bother me so much. It's the other two. A dolphin could be welcome, as long as it's not just blue/white with big halph oval eyes. And the snake,... oh just please don't be purple. Overall, please, please be fake.

That's what a lot of my friends and I have also said about the game.

I want to rise to the ranks of Team Rocket. Let's see it happen.

lol, zoroark and zorua look pretty cool IMO and they look like the gen 5 lucario who if you still gotta notice, is my favorite poke.

Game Freak likes to get a bit creative with their starters....so i wouldnt put it past them.. when DP came out they said in an interview they like people to go WTF!? when they first see their pokemon but get used to them once you see them for a while

Zazzyzazzrock might be bearable if they ditched that hideous stupid ponytail ... and if its shadow actually didn't break literally every law of physics in the sprite that's been released.

e: or if it didn't look like mewtwo shagged mightyena

Zazzyzazzrock might be bearable if they ditched that hideous stupid ponytail ... and if its shadow actually didn't break literally every law of physics in the sprite that's been released.
You mean how the shadow of it's left foot was completely disconnected from the foot itself? Given that it's only a beta screenshot, one would hope that would get fixed in the final.

EDIT: Or do you mean how the shadow on the body is facing the opposite way from the shadow cast on the ground.

I'm hoping for either some canine- or feline-like starter. We've had a dragon, a gecko-lizard thing, a couple birds, a mudfish-thing, a turtle, and even a monkey. I'd like to see something like a tiger or wolf.

So wait, Pokemon Sunday DIDN'T reveal anything?

Then where did the starter silhouettes come from?

EDIT: Bulbasaur...is a Triassic mammal-like dinosaur with a seed growing on its back.

Yes, Bulbasaur's Japanese name translates to "strange, isn't it?"

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've always wanted a dolphin-based water type. There's so much potential for absolute brokenness. Well, starters have never been broken, but a guy can hope . . .

Think about it, for a dolphin the following would all be within logic:

Water / Normal typing, maybe I'm stretching it here but we've got Bibarrel and Dolphins are mammals like Tauros and friends-- it's not impossible . . .

If you had Water / Normal, also consider that a dolphin would likely get the following:

-Water Spout
-Hyper Voice

If you don't get where I'm going this, I'm sorry for you really . . . but in short, echo-locating animal with a blow-hole gets near-flawless dual-STAB coverage with a 150 base STAB attack with one of the best primary offensive types in the game.

Plus, dolphins may not be the fastest animals in the sea (oddly, penguins are, poor empoleon), but I'd assume we could expect a pretty good speed stat with that too.

Well, this is all random speculation, but I think that would be bad-ass. I'll just got the extra-mile in my stupid-fanboy speculation and say:

Water / Normal
Ability: Torrent (it's a water starter . . .)

HP: 130
ATK: 70
DEF: 60
Sp.ATK: 118
Sp.DEF: 65
Speed: 92
Total: 535

@Choice Scarf
-Water Spout
-Hyper Voice
-Earth Power / Hidden Power Electric / Ice Beam / Baton Pass
-Hydro Pump / Surf / Baton Pass

*runs*

since i have the team rating virus i am going to rate your team, or pokemon for the matter:i think you should stick with surf in the last slot because water spout already give you a overpowered stab move and you might need a more reliable one later game, i sugest you change the nature to timid and put a specs on him because we are all power hungry players.

Is that even Real? why is the champion phantom Z zoarork Logo at the bottom?...idk why but i feel ive seen pokemon sprites similar to those in the shadow's...idk It might be real but i doubt it

ya i'd stake my nonexistent reputation on it being fake seeing as the text says "The pokemon that holds the key to Phantom Champion Z" which refers to zoruark (its the same text from his reveal)

on top of that, the timestamp is 8:24 on both pics (i realize itd make sense that revealing something at the end of a half hour show it'd be around the same time, but considering everything else i call fake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)