Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope I'm wrong, but there is no other type that can make the third legend weak to Dragon and Ground and *insert another type here* so far...though thankfully Light weak to Ground wouldn't make much sense anyways :P And that's also assuming that there WILL be another legendary trio like the past two generations.
Derr, how about Rock? Or Poison?

Come to think of it a Rock/Dragon or Poison/Dragon would be pretty cool...

Also, watch Meguroko not get Pursuit =/

Alright, some of this stuff has probably been posted already, but I don't have time to read through ten pages of stuff (why am I always out when they update?).

Shimama (Electric Zebra): Wild Bolt doesn't really seem like a recoil move to me because they would probably say that it hits itself with recoil. I'm thinking, it's actually an attack that hits both you and your opponent and, when combined with Motor Drive, can give Shimama a free speed boost when it attacks.

Hihidaruma (Fire Ape): That's not another Fire/Fighting is it?

Reshiram: Dual STABs that are only resisted by Hetran will be great even if it is weak to SR and EQ.

Zekrom: Dual STABs that are only resisted by Steelix and Magnezone. Both of which can be taken out by Earthquake or Fire Blast.

Munna (Psychic Pig thing): At first I thought it would be a Phanpy prevo, but after I found out that it was Psychic type and someone suggested that it could be a Drowzee prevo so I'm thinking that could work. I'm thinking Telekinesis will give the Pokemon that it's used on the Levitate ability, the same way that Worry Seed gives them Insomnia. This could work very well in Doubles with Slaking or Regigigas.

Zorua/Zoroark: Are you going to have to get an event to get them? Are they available anywhere else?

Random Match Mode: We may finally get a PBR style random matchmaking thing in a handheld game. Hopefully you can set it up so you can atleast ban the things that the Battle Fronteir bans.

Anyone have an idea what part of Japan they based Isshu off of?

It's nice though, no island for a change.
Supposidly its based on some part of China.

Looking at the map of Issu, I think the environment vs. nature will be the theme.

Also, Reshiram is Fire/Dragon, the fire symbolizing natural light. Zekrom is electric/dragon, symbolizing man-made light
Seriously, who started this whole "environment vs nature" thing? The map means nothing, there has always been cities and forests more so in IV where we have snow, swamps, deserts etc. this is nothing new.

This whole part at the bottom is void, both fire and electricity are natural elements that can occur on there own as well as be controlled by man. I'm sure, if not positive the games theme is yin and yang but not in this sort of way people are spreading silly rumors about.

So the pigeon dude is a baby pokemon? O_o
No, that's just the species name. Like Pidgey is the Tiny Bird Pokemon. But based on that species name, one could guess that he is our common bird Pokemon for this gen, like Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, and Starly. Whether he evolves once or twice remains to be seen. There's always a chance it's a standalone like Chatot, but since it's a "baby pidgeon", I doubt it.

Finally, we get the random-match format as well.
I'd really love to see some restrictions on it though as PBR's random matches are filled with ubers.

also, it'd be nice to get vgc battling style fights as well

I have high hopes for Shimama and Mamepato. The former might be a cool Electric 'mon with the Dark typing people been lusting for (Via evolution, that is), and the latter, if it has high speed, would be an AWESOME bird pokémon.

Gear seems stupid. It's at least decent that GF spread Plus and Minus a bit, but... It still doesn't seem useful, 'specially considering that Plusle and Minun are the only other Plus/Minus users in the game so far.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty excited about Gear having Plus and Minus as its abilities. That way you can use either Plusle and Minun without having to use the other and still get the power boost. Unfortunately, that still leaves you with two Pokémon weak to Earthquake...

Anyhow, I hope that Gear evolves and keeps Plus/Minus.

Random Match Mode: We may finally get a PBR style random matchmaking thing in a handheld game. Hopefully you can set it up so you can atleast ban the things that the Battle Fronteir bans.
I forsee a lot of Uber spamming if there's no limitations. I also think that since they're doing that we may see something of a leaderboard(s).

The regions land shape looks a lot like New York City, where Hiun City is Manhattan. The large park is even near where Central Park would be.

I'm pretty excited about Gear having Plus and Minus as its abilities. That way you can use either Plusle and Minun without having to use the other and still get the power boost. Unfortunately, that still leaves you with two Pokémon weak to Earthquake...

Anyhow, I hope that Gear evolves and keeps Plus/Minus.
Especially if Gear gets some nice doubles moves, a la Heat Wave. That way, Plusle/Minun can at least use Helping Hand and be part of the destruction

OMG I personally am happy with the typing of the 2 legendaries. Also the new Pokemon look alright, except for that flaming ape lol. I'm really excited about the Ground/Dark alligator Pokemon. It looks like it will evolve into a badass Pokemon and go straight to OU with that ability and decent stats

Hopefully the chinchilla learns fake out and u-turn with somewhat decent stats, and I can finally replace retarted ambipom with a well-designed pokemon. It will probably have pachirisu stats though.

The fire ape is hideous, but I have a feeling it will grow on me. Can't wait to see the ground/dark evo...that, zekrom (dragon/electric omg omg omg), and the random battles are the only exciting news i've heard so far, but it's more than enough for me to buy the game.

Besides Zekrom, chinchilla, and the ground/dark, i'm totally unimpressed though. Some of those designs are atrocious.

Two ubers with dual stabs that are only resisted by a mere four pokemon between them (that we know of)...dayum.

Munna looks so ridiculous I'm not even gonna comment on it. I'm not liking the electric giraffe's design either.

Hihidaruma feels like it's already growing on me, which is pretty awesome. Gearu is interesting.

Somebody mentioned the concept of "wuji" for the third uber to complete the uber trio. In Chinese mythology, Wuji is said to give rise to Taiji, which give rise to, essentially, the Yin-yang. While traditionally, Taiji is associated with the Yin-yang symbol, it's more of a mold/combination of the two, whereas the yin and the yang is separated.

I'm fine with the fire monkey
in fact it's my favorite so far (ofc after zoroark)
the thing looks awfully familiar with the guardian beasts of korea, hae tae

Derr, how about Rock? Or Poison?

Come to think of it a Rock/Dragon or Poison/Dragon would be pretty cool...

Also, watch Meguroko not get Pursuit =/
Both of those add even more weaknesses. Both Reshiram and Zekrom are weak to Dragon, Ground, and (Rock and Ice, respectively). Poison also adds psychic to the mix (along with ground), and Rock has Steel, Fighting, AND Ice.

Did anyone notice the rumor posted on pokebeach about the triple battles? I think it's extremely possible that GEAR was created to show this off if it's confirmed. If this is the case, Minun and Plusle will certainly have a reason to be used for once, as one of them is going to end up with around 500 SPATK right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)