Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were to make a new bee Pokemon to go along with the new gym, I kinda only a male evo of Combee, that or a competitively viable one. Though the gym being a beehive doesn't mean it's gonna have a new bee Pokemon for the gen, just a style for bug gym.

Errr... did you quote the right post? I didn't mean to imply Gearu had anything to do with electricity.
No, I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was more leading off your post than replying to it. I just assumed that most people would affiliate Plus and Minus with electricity, and I was pointing out that it could also represent direction.

Just some tidbits I garnered from watching low quality videos on Pokebeach:

The footage from Pokemon Sunday showed Night Burst, and it did damage. So we know it doesn't just lower accuracy.

Awww, Munna hovers and wiggles its little stubby legs in battle. :]

Meguroko used a move that looks like Assurance going by the move animation from 4th gen, and after KOing Mijumaru it's attack rose, as we've been expecting.

Two Sweep Slaps from Chiraamii failed to do 50% to Pokabu.

A Wild Bolt from Shimama nearly OHKOed Mijumaru, leaving it with what seems like 11 HP. It's still kind of difficult to tell if it's physical or special based on the move animation.

Pokemon now pop out of their Pokeballs in mid-air and then land onto their little circle on the battlefield.

Hihidaruma KOed Tsutaja with Fire Punch.

Two Gear Saucers from Gear did about 2/3 to Tsutaja.

No, I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was more leading off your post than replying to it. I just assumed that most people would affiliate Plus and Minus with electricity, and I was pointing out that it could also represent direction.
I assumed it would be magnetism, which is entirely different from electricity.

Shimana doesn't even OHKO Mijumaru with Wild Bolt. Either average base power, Shimana has low attack/special attack, or Mijumaru is a defensive behemoth... although it's probably a combination of the three.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Okay I think this was an unintentional leak, but on the scene where Munna's Forewarn activates on Otter, it says that Otter has the move Shell Blade...

Meguroko used a move that looks like Assurance going by the move animation from 4th gen
Confirming that by text it is Assurance.

Wild Volt / Bolt's message showed that Shimama took recoil, meaning that it's not going to self-activate Motor Drive lol.

Errr... is that some ploy to make me just get it for you? I don't know how you could miss the little bars that have a video camera on them. Go here and click on that and four videos will pop up showcasing the starters and Hiun City./QUOTE]

Oh. My. God. I am such a lumineon for not noticing that. Thx a bunch, trainer manson.

btw, do you know where i could get an avatar like yours?
I change avvies more than a model changes clothes.

Not really, they pretty much go hand in hand. A spinning electric field causes a magnetic field and vice versa. Let me clarify: I don't think Gear's +/- ability has anything to do with electricity OR magnetism.

Magnetically charged gears would be an engineering nightmare. They would attract ferromagnetic particles and jam up the gear teeth.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Water-typed Leaf Blade would be pretty cool. You know what would be better? Water typed Power Whip! Hehe. Imagine if Gyarados and Kingdra got it...

I assumed Gearu's ability would be more along the lines of two gears moving together, like a form of clockwork. You never see two gears rotating in the same direction while touching in a clockwork device.

As for Shell Blade, if that's the accurate translation, then another Water/Fighting type would be probable when it comes to Mijumaru. :D Maybe a more Mix-freindly Poliwrath?

Water-typed Leaf Blade would be pretty cool. You know what would be better? Water typed Power Whip! Hehe. Imagine if Gyarados and Kingdra got it...
Kingdra wouldn't use it because it would be illegal with Outrage (unless they make a 5th Gen Tutor for it). I'd still probably use Waterfall on Gyarados because of the accuracy issues.

Filb has awesome quality video of Pokemon Sunday up if anyone wants to see it.

One thing I didn't like is how you can barely see anything in the desert and I'm not really impressed with the graphics quality.

Wild Bolt took nearly 1/3 of Mr. Electric Zebra's HP, so if it didn't knock Mijumaru out... the otter is either pretty bulky with a lot of HP, or the zebra doesn't have much base HP. And, obviously, it didn't activate Motor Drive. Derp.

Okay I think this was an unintentional leak, but on the scene where Munna's Forewarn activates on Otter, it says that Otter has the move Shell Blade
Water/Steel final evolution?

Wild Bolt took nearly 1/3 of Mr. Electric Zebra's HP, so if it didn't knock Mijumaru out... the otter is either pretty bulky with a lot of HP, or the zebra doesn't have much base HP. And, obviously, it didn't activate Motor Drive. Derp.

Water/Steel final evolution?
Noooooo! :(
I still think Water/Rock makes a lot of sense with the whole "otters use rocks as tools" deal. I wonder if that shell is a Shellder. It's like Slowbro except this time the Shellder is dead.

Filb has awesome quality video of Pokemon Sunday up if anyone wants to see it.

One thing I didn't like is how you can barely see anything in the desert and I'm not really impressed with the graphics quality.
Could you link to the specific page? I can't find the one from this week.

I calculated Mijumaru's HP to be around 50 Base, which means Shimama must be increadibly frail. (Either that, or it's an Electric Head Smash and Shimama has terrible Atk.)

Wild Volt / Bolt's message showed that Shimama took recoil, meaning that it's not going to self-activate Motor Drive lol.
I'm not so sure about that. I'm not questioning your ability to read Japanese, not at all, but I carefully watched that HP Bar several times and he doesn't lose any HP. So while he technically may be taking recoil damage, it's certainly is draining his HP. This isn't like Rock Head where it specifically states he doesn't take recoil, so it should still stay he "takes recoil damage", even though he doesn't actually.

Or perhaps I'm going blind and he does lose HP. That's very plausible.

Other Reactions to the video:
That constant animation is awesome. Really looking forward to it.

Tsutaja has really poor defenses.

I can see that bar that pops over the sprite's name that indicates stat boosts/losses becoming very annoying once you hit 10+ hours (if not sooner).

I calculated Mijumaru's HP to be around 50 Base, which means Shimama must be increadibly frail. (Either that, or it's an Electric Head Smash and Shimama has terrible Atk.)
After watching the video with a nice resolution I noticed that the recoil is around 25% HP. Oops.
And now, something else. If Wild Bolt's recoil is the usual 1/3 damage, then Shimama took something around 38 HPs of damage... which means it may have 152 HP at level 50. Not too bad, I guess.
Either that, or Wild Bolt takes constant 25% of the user's HP when it's used. Why would they do that, though, I have no idea.

The video's on the first page, by the way, hidden under that link between parentheses (click it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)