Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people want Pachirisu to evolve into a sweeper/revenge killer? It would serve much better as a speedy supporter/lead.
Well it certainly needs more SpAtk so Taunters don't screw it over. I guess you could go with 80 Base SpAtk and more bulk if you wanted it to be a fast supporter.

That Mawhile evo looks great. I think it looks fine as a humanoid because it's supposed to be based on a woman with a mouth on the back of her head.

So I've been doing a Poison only run of Leaf Green and I realized that I really like the puzzles in it. For example, it's the only game (besides RBY) that has switches that you need to put rocks on and fast currents that you can't Surf on. There's also a point where you have to push a rock to choose which item you want and you can only get one item without resetting the rock.

So I'm hoping they they put some Strength puzzles that involve switches and pushing boulders down holes and I want to see some sort of extremely hard Strength puzzle involving 30 some rocks that takes me more than a few seconds to figure it out. It would probably have to be an extra thing so the kids don't complain, but even if it had something fairly worthless (like a Full Restore) I would still want to do it.

So I'm hoping they they put some Strength puzzles that involve switches and pushing boulders down holes and I want to see some sort of extremely hard Strength puzzle involving 30 some rocks that takes me more than a few seconds to figure it out. It would probably have to be an extra thing so the kids don't complain, but even if it had something fairly worthless (like a Full Restore) I would still want to do it.
I wouldn't mind more Strength puzzles so long as they fix the mechanics of it. No more of that lame "Kick, Stop, Kick, Stop". Just make it one smooth action. Hell, make it a touch pad function. You know, tap and drag.

On that note, let's have more touchpad puzzles. I actually don't remember any touchpad puzzles on any of the other games. If there were any, they must've been lame since I don't remember them.

If I recall correctly, I think HG/SS might've used the touch screen for the Ruins of Alph puzzles. More stuff like that would be awesome.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I like the design and I personally like how you switched the black and yellow colors of Mawile. I'm just a little iffy on the humanoid shape you have going on there. I don't think we would want another Lopunny. @_@

I think it would be cool if the second mouth evolved into something else, instead of just turning into a bigger mouth. 'Cause on Mawile, it looks like a Venus Flytrap was glued to her head, but with her evo, what if it became something like, I dunno, a crest of razor blades or something.
Mawile is based on the Futakuchi-onna, not on a Venus Flytrap, so I believe they'd keep the big scary mouth behind her head.

Either that or evolve her to a Kuchisake-onna. Yay.

Strength puzzles would be nice, but I want some more complicated puzzles. Like Strength + Rock Smash puzzles. Those would be so complex, and maybe they could give a Master Ball for taking the time to figure it out. In all the games, the Master Ball is so well hidden. I mean, in RSE, it was behind two damn ELECTRODES. That you can kill for experience points. They need to make the Master Ball more hidden in BW, but then the tiny kids would BAWW. D:

Yea I think they should too but you dont even have too fight those Electrodes, if you click the bottom-left pokeball its a nugget I think then above it its the master ball

Strength puzzles would be nice, but I want some more complicated puzzles. Like Strength + Rock Smash puzzles. Those would be so complex, and maybe they could give a Master Ball for taking the time to figure it out. In all the games, the Master Ball is so well hidden. I mean, in RSE, it was behind two damn ELECTRODES. That you can kill for experience points. They need to make the Master Ball more hidden in BW, but then the tiny kids would BAWW. D:
The Master Ball is handed to you in every other game. A second Master Ball would be nice, though. To me, Rock Smash + Strength puzzles seem to be easier because all you have to do is get to the Rock Smash rock and break it and then it becomes easier since it's completely removed. You have to figure out where to put the Strength rock so it's not in your way.

I think that thing looks way too creepy to be Mawhile's prevo. Prevos are usually cute, even if its evo is ugly, and Mawhile is already cute. It could work as an evo, though.

I think that thing looks way too creepy to be Mawhile's prevo. Prevos are usually cute, even if its evo is ugly, and Mawhile is already cute. It could work as an evo, though.
I think it could work just fine.

I just feel like putting the important mouth on the front is a step backward.

Its Japanese name is a mixture of "snake" and "ivy", so...
SERPENIVY, Grassnake, Venoconda, Anivy, Ivyconda, Smugleaf (o.o), Condivy, Granaconda(lol), Herbapent, Slyper, Pythant, Slitheroot, Serpenherb, Snivy, Florafang, Floraconda, Conseeded, Hissed, iViper3GS

It's a fire pig, so...
Blazeoink, Oinkanite, Boarblaze, Emboink, Pignite, Pignition, Emboar, Swinite, Dynapig, Dynoink, Piglit, Hamlit, Boarsear, Emberpig, Pyroink, Pokabu(maybe), Lavoink, Magboar, Oinkma, Lavaboar, Oinkindle, Cindoink, BACON

What do y'all think? :-3

If I recall correctly, I think HG/SS might've used the touch screen for the Ruins of Alph puzzles. More stuff like that would be awesome.
It used the touch screen but it also dumbed them down to the point where you cannot rightfully call them puzzles anymore.. So if there are some puzzles, I should hope that they are actually puzzling and not "I'm doing this so I can pretend to have fun catching all Unown varieties -again-"

It used the touch screen but it also dumbed them down to the point where you cannot rightfully call them puzzles anymore.. So if there are some puzzles, I should hope that they are actually puzzling and not "I'm doing this so I can pretend to have fun catching all Unown varieties -again-"
Speaking of Unown , I wonder if they will add more shapes which look like signs or something...I don't really care if they do , but I want a similar challenge to D/P/Pt , wher you had catch a specific number of unowns to catch hippopotas.

@Ericcc: Names is one issue I love to speculate on. I'm hoping to be able to properly predict at least one this generation. Unfortunately, Japanese translators are rare, so it doesn't look like it's going to happen...

"Emboar" sounds pretty good to me. It would be for the second evolution, since Pokabu isn't really very boarish yet, and "Ember" is too juvenile for the final evolution. Considering the grass starter's official art, Snivy sounds pretty awesome.

I thought there already was a Shape Unown. Or at least something like a ? or !.
Yeah , I'm talking about new ones not the exclamation/question marks and the 26 english alphabet letters.

Speaking of how they resembled unown to the English letters , the origin of pokemon was Japaneese , so why did they use English alphabet letters to represent unown and not the Japaneese ones?

@Saif: In Japan, most people know English. By the end of High School, they're expected to be borderline-fluent. Saying small phrases in English is considered cool, like how it's popular to use French in Ontario. Additionally, they use some of our sayings in the original English, like how we use "que, sera, sera", which I believe is originally Spanish. In some ways, there's a bit of a fascination with English.
And then, it might be that using Japanese would have been too silly. Not that using Japanese is silly, but that one generally uses a foreign/ancient language to express something mysterious/powerful/respectable. Like how our culture uses Greek or Latin. There's also the fact that Japanese simply has way too many characters to be viable for such a game...

Leaviper (le-vi-per, leaf+viper)
Heahog (hee-hog, heat+hog)
If it isn't wotter (pure genius whoever came up with it), then I see aquater (a-qua-ter, aqua+otter)

If anyone has the starters sprite in front view(animated)with the moving please post it here and thanks D:

Back on topic: What do you guys think about pokemon having 3 types now?
Or...maybe...uhh...A fourth evolution in a row?(Im not talking about side evolutions such as Kirlia~Gallade , Im talking about Ralts~Kirlia~Gardevoir~something else)

Another idea: instead of moving in squares, you should be able to move 360° (see Dragon Quest Monsters Joker) It would give a lot better puzzles.

If anyone has the starters sprite in front view(animated)with the moving please post it here and thanks D:

Back on topic: What do you guys think about pokemon having 3 types now?
Or...maybe...uhh...A fourth evolution in a row?(Im not talking about side evolutions such as Kirlia~Gallade , Im talking about Ralts~Kirlia~Gardevoir~something else)
I really don't like either idea. The four evolution thing isn't necessarily such a bad thing, but we already have 4 generations of Pokemon based upon a 3 stage system. Technically, we already have all 4 stages of metamorphosis; egg, basic, stage 1, stage 2. Or, egg, Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence. I don't see why we need to add anything further.

Allowing a Pokemon to have 3 types would make the game way too unstable, and it would also get rid of most resistances Pokemon have (from a defensive standpoint). I really don't like this idea, at all. We've had dual types since Gen I, yet they haven't introduced a 3rd type for a Pokemon yet, so I'm not sure why they would now.

EDIT: Moving in 360° can be frustrating for players, and would make it a lot more difficult for younger kids. Ask anyone who has played New Super Mario Bros. vs. Super Mario Galaxy 2. The latter makes simple tasks like jumping on mushrooms (in NSMB) a challenging task in SMG2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)