Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the Smugleaf Evo and Insecttar looking thing. Even Wotter's Evo looks good. I'm kinda worried that the demon thing is a Koffing Prevo though.

IIRC they've already revealed and confirmed the girl will not be the same as the games, and a new male character will take Brock's place. This art is so far, perfectly consistent with confirmed information already made. It's also probably because the work is still unfinished and everyone else has yet to be shaded.
I'm pretty sure those were just rumours. not confirmed information. I could be wrong, but regardless this "sketch work" looks very fake. I doubt "someone on Bulbapedia" is a respectable source, and until I get word otherwise I won't even begin to think this is real.

the designs looks terrible anyways. I mean, what the fuck is that bat thing? it looks like Koffing, only retarded. it's like a Pokemon they would put on the Action Replay box to avoid lawsuits... and why is the Grass evo shaded while the other Pokemon aren't? I doubt this is real, but if it is, I'm pissed.

Looks pretty legit to me, but you never know... personally I like the retarded Cybat, it could be a dark/poison with levitate or something...

But we won't know until Nintendo spills the beans I guess.

I don't know why someone would do fanart of the second stages of Mijumaru and Tsutaja and not Pokabu though :/

Hopefully next Corocoro or Pokemon Sunday will reveal this stuff, and has anyone seen the new pics? Surf looks crazy cool.

I'm pretty sure those were just rumours. not confirmed information. I could be wrong, but regardless this "sketch work" looks very fake. I doubt "someone on Bulbapedia" is a respectable source, and until I get word otherwise I won't even begin to think this is real.

the designs looks terrible anyways. I mean, what the fuck is that bat thing? it looks like Koffing, only retarded. it's like a Pokemon they would put on the Action Replay box to avoid lawsuits... and why is the Grass evo shaded while the other Pokemon aren't? I doubt this is real, but if it is, I'm pissed.
Meh, LIKELY fake.

Bulbapedia is a decent resource, but I wouldn't trust that pic.

Venonat+Golbat crossbreed is a dead giveaway.

Unless CoroCoro comes out with the second-stage versions of Mijumaru and Tsutarja and they actually look even remotely like them...THEN I might be more receptive. Still, EPIC Surf.

Oh also, in regards to Zoroark's stats shown here

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2767050&postcount=17

it's visible that it has a neutral nature (See Zorua's, his stats are outlined in Red and Blue, Zoroark's are not), now, I went and found Lucario's stats at that same level (with Max IV's) and the stats are very similar. Zoroark's HP is 10 points lower than Lucario's, which isn't a huge difference, but it's definitely enough to make a difference, all of Zoroark's other stats are lower as well, except for speed, which it manages to take only by 2 points. It's Special Attack is only 1 point lower though.

I really don't see Zoroark being very good, or at least nowhere near as good as Lucario... I mean, fighting/steel or dark? Come on. But I'm also guessing that the Zoroark in that picture doesn't have max IV's, so Zoroark might turn out better than I think.

I'm not exactly how to do the calcs on this, but if we figure out Zoroarks base stats assuming it has both 0 and 31 IV's we'll get a good idea of the possible range of it's base stats. Could someone figure that out? It would be pretty cool to know the total possibilities.

Bulbapedia is a decent resource, but I wouldn't trust that pic.
Bulbapedia is. "someone on Bulbapedia" isn't. where did this person find this? he apparently gave no information other then the picture. he either knows more but is refusing to tell us, or doesn't know anything and just happen to have some (I would assumed classified) picture which I doubt a normal person would be able to get. we have no reason to believe this person, or this picture.

we just need someone to calc the stats 2 times.

1 with 0 ivs

1 with 31 ivs

those are the 2 most common iv numbers for gameplay footage, with max being the most common one, i am sure someone calculated already sometime ago but i dont remember if was min or max ivs.

I'm aware that it's stats are very, very close to Lucario's, and the fact that it's faster and possesses more or equal special attack is great. But Dark is nowhere near as useful of a type as Fighting/Steel, and I'm pretty positive Zoroark's not getting Extremespeed or Close Combat (but don't quote me on that).

Though, her ability is a tad frightening. I hope she gets some moves that allow her to function as a badass lead, and if you're packing a ghost type in your second slot then people aren't going to be using fighting moves on Zoroark until she's revealed herself.

Goodbye Azelf.

I'm not exactly how to do the calcs on this, but if we figure out Zoroarks base stats assuming it has both 0 and 31 IV's we'll get a good idea of the possible range of it's base stats. Could someone figure that out? It would be pretty cool to know the total possibilities.
that was already done at least 3 times already, both in this thread and in the sticky thread in stark.

I've seen a single calc figuring out the max(I think), I'm asking for both max and min so a range can be obtained. I'd do them myself if I knew how. From there we can discuss what seems to be the most likely stat distribution etc.

TheMaskedNitpicker already calculated the stats for when it has min EVs and IVs about 10 pages back and I calculated the stats for when it had max IVs and min EVs and posted it right after him. I'm too lazy to find the posts, though.

You guys don't seem to understand that Pokabu's IS is in the picture. It's the short thing with tusks.

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

That thing doesn't look like a pig at all, there's no way in hell it's Pokabu's evolution. Also, it's like half the size of the other two.

Just because it has tusk-type things, doesn't make it a boar, especially when NOTHING ELSE ABOUT IT is remotely boar like.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

guys my katakana is not the best, but i can see something in the phrase, it is:
Boku wa chiampion wo koe

okay, "boku wa" means i am.
"chiampion" means champion (duh)
"koe" i'm doubt about it but i remember something into the lines of "come"

so yeah maybe is the champion of the generation?

Edit: Beaten by Mario With Lasers, he has the whole point.
"I will rise above (the level) of Champion."

In the video from the dvd, Ash's Cyndiquil has not evolved yet, but Dawn has Togekiss. So this takes place in between episodes 639 and 650. This means the gang is probably on some island in between Sinnoh, and Johto?? I was trying to slim it down to something, but I got nothing. lol

Stat calcs on Zoroark. Stats assume 0, 16, and 31 IVs

HP 49-57-65
At 93-101-109
Df 47-55-63
sA 113-121-129
sD 55-63-71
Sp 93-101-109

Looking at the averages, Zoroark likely has 500 BST, and assuming his stats are all multiples of 5, the most likely stat spread is 60/100/55/120/65/100.

Stat calcs on Zoroark. Stats assume 0, 16, and 31 IVs

HP 49-57-65
At 93-101-109
Df 47-55-63
sA 113-121-129
sD 55-63-71
Sp 93-101-109

Looking at the averages, Zoroark likely has 500 BST, and assuming his stats are all multiples of 5, the most likely stat spread is 60/100/55/120/65/100.
100/120/100 for offensive stats aren't bad at all, but I wanted something more trollish like 102 for Speed, like what they did with Garchomp. Hell, even 101 would be funnier. Because this Zoroark dude cannot afford to lose Speed ties against the 100 Base Speed Pokemon. Like Salamence (assuming he's not banned) and Jirachi. 100/120 for attacking stats are decent, although I was hoping for 105/115, since it adds some more punch to its physical attacks, and it doesn't need SpA as much because things like Blissey will die to physical hits fairly easily.

Also, this dude better get Close Combat at the very least. He looks like a guy who'd come up to you, punch you in the face, and drift into the shadows.

60/55/65 defenses are hilarious, they really are. I'm lazy atm, but someone run a damage calc to see if 0 HP/0 Def neutral nature (Naive, or something) can survive a CB Bullet Punch. This guy is going to be bashed around by priority so much it's not even funny.

What level is that at?

And jesus christ those are some awful defenses, what good are mindgames when you die in one hit!

I see Zoroark as being a fairly fast pokemon that can function as a decent sweeper or utilitymon, with the golden spread somewhere in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)