Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Ha, well all this new info helps my theory that Ononokusu's pre-evolution is the little tusked Pokemon (I told ya they were like Larvitar and TTar!) The green-ish coloration really supports this idea. Also, i really like the idea of Gear having an influencing relationship like Mantine/Remoraid, that sounds great. Hopefully the new Pokemon will come with an ability that powers it up when Plus/Minus are also on your side of the field.

About the battle video, this looks SO much nicer than Gen IV, I'm very excited. I love how flying Pokemon's sprites now are animated to flap their wings and hover while in battle... that looks amazing. So far I the only attack with nice animation I've seen has been Surf, but I'm hoping they make more use of sprite scaling and camera shifting for the really powerful moves (ex, when a Pokemon uses Explosion, the camera zooms in on the exploding Poke, then back out and rotates around as the explosion animation fills the screen. That would be so satisfying!)

If that guy's "source" is from NoA then they've sprung a ridiculously big leak and really need to fire someone. But does anyone really even half believe the source is from NoA?
Not going to lie-- I actually do sorta half believe the rumors. They just strike me as "believable"-- yet on that same token, that's why I don't feel they're true. In general, a lot of things Gamefreak does don't go the way that's most obvious or expected realistically. Most of the rumors make total sense, so much so that some fans have actually guessed things correctly for once, which strikes me as suspicious. However, the new set isn't like that-- in fact, there's a lot of not that great things in them (defensive Mamepato, the trio of Pokemon who aren't evolving...). Which makes it even more suspicious, since a lot of people were sceptical because things made too much sense and things were going the way we wanted, now the new rumors are the opposite. There's also the whole fact he met this supposed NoA person on GameFAQs, IIRC...

I guess I just don't have my thoughts in order, but suffice to say I'm definitely half and half on these rumors. I can't be sure that they're false, like with Martijn guy, or sure that they're true, like with the anime pre-production sketches.

What I don't understand why these supposed leakers like Martijn (who was already basically confirmed a liar anyway) and the Pokejungle's "rumor guy" don't just reveal EVERYTHING instead of just being unecessarily general.

Don't think anyone has mentioned how Munna is rumored to be the next Magikarp/Feebas. I don't find this very plausible because it's not a water type, although it is very possible that the pattern can be changing. I just don't like this because it means my speculation about 600 pages back about the next Gyarados/Milotic being a Water/Electric Special sweeper is way off. And i don't like being wrong :P

Is it just the bad quality of the video? Because it sounded like Grass Mixer hit for normal damage on Hihidaruma. I always thought the "not very effective" sound was a lot more muffled.
I thought this was wierd too,mabye they changed the sounds up,or the typing resistance.But it did sound like it hit for normal.

I was sort of hoping Pigeon Heart wouldn't just stop defense drops though, that's awful situational.
what if his health is under 30% he gets +3 def? (kinda high)

I thought this was wierd too,mabye they changed the sounds up,or the typing resistance.But it did sound like it hit for normal.
thats because the the hihidaruma is really a zorua

If it really is a cell, then we should expect animal cell/ plant cell formes.
Considering its name can be romanized as Cellphyll based on the rumor's "Serufiru", or cell + chlorophyll, it would probably be a plant cell no matter what anyway. But it's not a stretch of the imagination that a cell would change forms as a Pokemon.

i only have one thing to say

THE BATTLES AWESOMELY FAST AND ALIVE
it just feels so much more dynamic

EDIT: I do think that the zebra and the monkey will evolve, they seems rather simple in comparison to other pokemon; they feel more like unevolved 'mons

I am not sure if I beleive the rumors or not some awesome stuff and some dissappointing stuff however. I have a problem with people saying that gamefreak usually does the least expected thing because this is a new crew as many have pointed out. Maybe the new crew thought that being logical would provide a whole new slew of pokemon ideas.

However I am very sad that the zebra and the fire ape will not be evolving and not get secondary stab.

I'm starting to get very excited about this Gen. The battling sequence looks awesome visually but my favorite part is the rapid HP loss instead of it taking a while (maybe I just perceived it that way) to deplete a mon's HP. I know that Blissey, for one, will take about 10 seconds less to fully knock out :P

i only have one thing to say

THE BATTLES AWESOMELY FAST AND ALIVE
it just feels so much more dynamic

EDIT: I do think that the zebra and the monkey will evolve, they seems rather simple in comparison to other pokemon; they feel more like unevolved 'mons
They're not any more simple than stuff like Girafarig, Sudowoodo, and Miltank, who do not evolve.

I hope to god Heracross doesn't get a crappy evolution. If it does evolve, what would it get?
Another horn?
Longer legs?
The ability to fly using its bug-wings?
More HP?
Heracross is based on the Japanese Rhinoceros Beetle, or "Kabutomushi". If the evo's name really is Atocross like somebody in this thread said, then it will probably be based on the Atlas Beetle.

Japanese Rhino Beetle:

Atlas Beetle:

I had a feeling Shimama wasn't going to evolve, I always likened it as Girafarig's counterpart.

Edit: Grass mixer supposedly lowers accuracy as well, according to some sources.
My problem with this (and I made the same point many pages ago), Shimama is smaller than Ponyta. If it doesn't evolve it is more alike to Pachirisu though with a better ability. Single stage electric type that is obsolete around the time your starter has its first evolution.

I hope it doesn't come to that, as Shimama has huge potential for a large lightning horse, an Electric Rapidash if you will.

EDIT: As I mentioned earlier I am very skeptical on the accuracy of this new info. Some things sound pretty believable but I do't trust the source on any level. Not the pokejungle, not the "NoA" informant (NoA would only come into play during translation anyway which probably hasn't even begun, unless we're going to see an english version before next spring) and the whole thing being a collaboration on GameFAQs makes it sound even worse.

Snorlax evo please? "Comalax"

Ability: something along the lines of "comes into battle asleep, but can still function as if non-status'd"

of course, with the option of choosing thick fat as well

great tank/status absorber

Snorlax is great as it is, an evolution would be overkill!!

Don't think anyone has mentioned how Munna is rumored to be the next Magikarp/Feebas. I don't find this very plausible because it's not a water type, although it is very possible that the pattern can be changing. I just don't like this because it means my speculation about 600 pages back about the next Gyarados/Milotic being a Water/Electric Special sweeper is way off. And i don't like being wrong :P
I think what it meant by that was that it'd start out as being a very feeble monster, but evolving drastically into something much cooler and stronger. You're reading into it a bit deep. :P

Snorlax evo please? "Comalax"

Ability: something along the lines of "comes into battle asleep, but can still function as if non-status'd"

of course, with the option of choosing thick fat as well

great tank/status absorber
That sounds kinda badass, just then it has no healing. Does Snorlax get Slack Off?

I really loled at munna this whole time as it is quite pecular for it to evolve into a the bad ass of the generation is just ironic. I am dissappointed that it is psychic as it is a poor type. However I am wondering what it stats would be as gyra has attack and milo has specail defense.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If Snorlax got Slack Off I would seriously consider nominating it as a suspect. Instant recovery + curse + Immunity + those stats = D:

Snorlax seriously doesn't get Slack Off? WTF? And Infernape does?

Also, I know Pokejungle likened it to Gyrados and Milotic, but I don't think that's what it's like-- just a strong-looking evolution evolving from something that looks comparatively... unstrong. Considering Gyarados and Milotic are clear parallels to eachother, and Munna doesn't match up with Magikarp or Feebas.

Assuming the rumors are true, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)