Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that thing has no business with mamo.

this one does though, bulldrome live on snowy montains anyway so it make sense it would be ground/ice.

Anyone think this will be the third Pokemon in Mametapo's line?
No, for several reasons:

- We've seen (what appears to be) Mamepato's evolution, and it didn't change that much. Going from pidgeon to eagle is drastic.

- Its feathers are ruffled as opposed to curved and tucked. Mamepato and its evolution share the latter quality, while this silhouette's feathers are more like Pidgeot's or Fearow's.

- Its beak is much different; Mamepato and its evolutions' beaks are perfectly curved from top to the point of the beak.

- Its talons are more like an eagle (more useful for grabbing and ripping prey), as opposed to Mamepato's talons which are more adept for perching.

Could it still be a Mamepato evolution? Sure, but it doesn't seem as likely as a new line.

No, for several reasons:

- We've seen (what appears to be) Mamepato's evolution, and it didn't change that much. Going from pidgeon to eagle is drastic.

- Its feathers are ruffled as opposed to curved and tucked. Mamepato and its evolution share the latter quality, while this silhouette's feathers are more like Pidgeot's or Fearow's.

- Its beak is much different; Mamepato and its evolutions' beaks are perfectly curved from top to the point of the beak.

- Its talons are more like an eagle (more useful for grabbing and ripping prey), as opposed to Mamepato's talons which are more adept for perching.

Could it still be a Mamepato evolution? Sure, but it doesn't seem as likely as a new line.
Talk about overthinking it. Why would they show Mamepato in a silhouette and then also show its evolution in a silhouette. It's not as if Mamepato is that important.

I'm kinda hoping that it's Mamepato's final evo. And then I'm not. It would cool to have an welt bird pokemon that cool-looking but later on I'd be more worried about it's stats. At least if it's a new line, it's BST could potentially be better than Staraptor's.

i am really just sick tired of normal/flying early birds, as much this may sould weird if that is mamepato final evo then i would love if were to be fire/flying with flare blitz, brave bird and close combat. or if you like special birds air slash, fire blast and focus blast.

I'm extremely bored of Normal/Flying Pokemon. I really hope they have switched it up a bit. This eagle thingy best be cool typing. If we are stuck with Normal/Flying I'm not interested.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Gawd, please shoot me if this is common knowledge, or if it's already been discussed, but is this new "unnamed organge" pokemon some kind of Plusle evo?

Same basic colors and basic body shape and all. Just curious. TPCi does recycle "concepts" a lot though (as in the "starter birds and rodents" and whatnot)

Gawd, please shoot me if this is common knowledge, or if it's already been discussed, but is this new "unnamed organge" pokemon some kind of Plusle evo?

Same basic colors and basic body shape and all. Just curious. TPCi does recycle "concepts" a lot though (as in the "starter birds and rodents" and whatnot)
Plusle and Minun's trademark is being pased off of + and - symbols, if Plusle did get an evo we would have to see some similarity to the + symbol.

Same colors =/= evolution. Just look at Treecko and Tsutaja and Piplup and Mijumaru.

Why would they make an evolution of Plusle that has the exact same proportions and colors yet removes important features like the Pikachu cheeks and the plus theme? More importantly, why would they make an evolution of Plusle and NOT have it shown with Minun's? Honestly, it looks more like a Powerpuff Girl with Plusle's colors in the end.

My money says it's our 100s-all-around Legendary this gen.

I would love if that bird is the psuedo-legendary of this generation , I'm really sick of dragons(altho we had tyranitar but that was 10 years ago)

Poor Metagross... it's no Salamence, but it shouldn't be that forgettable. :(

Not to mention Eaglemon doesn't look nearly "pseudo-legendary" enough to be a "pseudo-legend"-- it doesn't even appear to be very large. Still betting money Ononokusu is our 600-BST beast this gen.

Well, I think this theory is about as strange as any other, but here it is.

Plusle and Minun both have + and - on them. There is clearly a symbol on this new pokemon as well. >

Perhaps there will be a > and a < pokemon, one that looks like this one but with a hat or pokey head. Morey and Lessy? Okay, I am bonkers.

Am I the only person who thinks the new bird thing could possible be a Skarmory evo? :s
Wow, second time in a relatively short amount of time where my saying "you're never the only one and don't start a thought with 'am I the only one' because no idea as an original one" has been proven wrong-- you're the absolutely only person I've seen maybe think it was a Skarmory evolution and the only person I could imagine saying it.

I'm just going to come out and say it-- it's not an evolution, people. And if they're showing a silhouette of it in particular, it's not an even an evolution of any new Pokemon. That's not to say it can't evolve into something itself, but it looks more like a standalone Pokemon to me personally.

I'd say it's the third game's legend, or some other big legend. That seems like the only possible pokemon they would bother silhouetting by itself.

How does it even vaguely look like something that might go along with Reshiram and Zekrom? Heck, why would they place so much emphasis on the third versions legendary already in the first place? They didn't really pay Giratina any attention at all until Platinum-- didn't even have anything to do with Palkia and Dialga. And they didn't pay much attention to Rayquaza either.

This is ignoring the fact that, again, it doesn't look like something that would go with Reshiram and Zekrom, who at least share a draconic body type, and that it doesn't look nearly big enough to go along with them-- but that's obviously hard to tell from just a silhouette.

The guy was just joking, the game obviously didn't leak... Anyway, Joehigashi's just saying his friend apparently lives and Japan and went to play the BW demos, and said that Pokabu's evolution was Fire/Ground. Hate to be distrustful of your friend, but I personally don't believe him-- not that it makes a difference, since I DO believe Pokabu will be Fire/Ground. :P

Wow, second time in a relatively short amount of time where my saying "you're never the only one and don't start a thought with 'am I the only one' because no idea as an original one" has been proven wrong-- you're the absolutely only person I've seen maybe think it was a Skarmory evolution and the only person I could imagine saying it.
No need to get angry, I'm just proposing something to be discussed (or shot down). Or are only members with >100 posts allowed to do that?

PS. Was that a shot at my recent join date I spy in your post?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)