Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the double and the new triple metagame is to change greatly(By the addition of Gear and how you can move pokemon in triples)we should really hope that Gear is not the only new pokemon with Plus/Minus...otherwise like stated in the last 10 pages by everyone , a fast EQ=1HKO

Yeah, rain has Swift Swim water types so they get the STAB bonus, plus the rain STAB bonus and the speed boost...sun can only have one at a time :(

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Am I the only one wondering why so many of the revealed Pokemon are of the Psychic typing? I think that's really strange - especially the bat and gothgirl, I would never have predicted Psychic.

It's kind of a bummer since we already have so many pure Psychic types, and it's a pretty miserable typing both offensively and defensively.

Fire/Grass Type for Sunny Day would be good. If It gets Stone Edge, it can hit other Fires and most Dragons effectively.

I hope Wargle becomes what Staraptor almost was. I mean, Pidgeot < Swellow < Staraptor, their getting better, right?

Someone wasn't sure how Ice Shard technician Weaville would work in Ubers. IMO, it would be riduculously good once Scizor is gone. After an SD, with SR and Spikes (not a big ask with Deo-E), I can See Weaville killing everything. Not sure if with LO, Mewtwo and Darkrai will go down to +2 Ice Shard, but only checks really are Scizor, and Bulky Scarfers like Dialga and Palkia. Pursuit now KOs more bulky stuff and with SR and Spikes, I can see Weaville handling powerful Choice Users locked into the wrong move, or low on HP nicely.

Not sure how triple Battle will work, but any ability that doesn't make Explosion a 1 for 2 unless theres a Ghost/Steel/Rock out is nice

Sun needs a "swift swim like" ability for FIRE pokemon, only grass ones get it.
ooh that sounds so nice, would feel nice on Magmortar. sucks he didnt get a fire type version of motor drive.

also just noticed Rodan +Falcor = Reshiram >_>
i knew it was making me think of something for the past month,now i thought of it.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, rain has Swift Swim water types so they get the STAB bonus, plus the rain STAB bonus and the speed boost...sun can only have one at a time :(
It's true. Rain does have several inherent advantages over sun. There are the reasons you mentioned, which are the main points. Also, if you're going to use Thunder and I bring about another weather condition first, the worst thing that happens is that you miss. If you're going to use SolarBeam and I bring about another weather condition first, I've stolen an entire turn from you (during which you can't switch out or Protect) and halved the power of your attack. Also, Water has fewer weaknesses than Fire or Grass, all Water types get Ice Beam for great coverage, and Surf/Water Absorb/Dry Skin combos well with rain.

Sun really does get the shaft. It's still usable, but it takes a lot more skill to make it effective. They gave it some upgrades in HG/SS by distributing Weather Ball, Morning Sun, and Power Swap to Fire and Grass Pokémon, but I hope they continue to upgrade it in Black/White. It wouldn't hurt to nerf Rain Dance/Water types a bit either.

Hail needs a speed booster ability too, for ice types...speaking of the ice type, it needs a serious defensive boost. It has...one resistance :P

Oh yeah, and Gravity/Trick Room need 8 turn lasting items.

agreed, you dont have a idea of how dangerous stuff like marowak is on doubles, rampardos is pretty wicked too, watch out for random t-tars and well....whatever. the point is that trick room rape enough in 5 turns.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Trick Room is lethal even in Singles. Usually only noobs use it so it's just "annoying" like BP Chains, but on the hands of somebody with half a brain (or even a quarter), it becomes ridiculous.

Am I the only one wondering why so many of the revealed Pokemon are of the Psychic typing? I think that's really strange - especially the bat and gothgirl, I would never have predicted Psychic.

It's kind of a bummer since we already have so many pure Psychic types, and it's a pretty miserable typing both offensively and defensively.
Didn't they say something in the lines of "this generation will be like playing Red/Blue" (I know it wasn't exactly that)?

I predict Psychic-types will be immune to Shadow Ball ~__~

Guys use SALAMENCE, forget dragonite.
It's stat distribution makes no sense,
Less speed, less attack, more useless defense,
Garchomp and Mence are Dragons done right.
lol...taking Dragonite into a fight.

eh ehm

I also vote for a Trick Room lengthening item because I selfishly want it to me to be more effective in singles.

yeah i wanna see mence surving ice beams any day(nite does). if you wanna use mence for anything besides mixed or all out DD then dont even bother in using. nite outclass in anything else(yeah even specs since he got superpower for bliss). also lol at more useless defense, intimidate is only good for switching into atacks, i would rather have a higher base defense then a ability that drop my enemy atack.

also the last part means you sucks and want to be better or you just think the item would be cool?

gen 5 is gonna be fun, i want to see what kind of retarded shit gamefreak is gonna give to us.

edit:after reading the post below me i stopped thinking he is stupid. he is retarded now. why? cause usage dont mean a shit, is scizor broken? not at all. same for t-tar and friends. i bet he dindt even bother to read the thing like i am doing right now.

Dragonite is NOT outclassed. And when since did Dragonite have "useless" defense? I won't get worked up up this since they're not good reasons but meh...

Check this awesomely written thread...http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51407
lol...I was having a bit of fun but seriously, it is outclassed.
The fact that it was 28th in usage in May while being 8th in suspect where Salamence is banned kind of says it all.

Lucalibur said:
yeah i wanna see mence surving ice beams any day(nite does). if you wanna use mence for anything besides mixed or all out DD then dont even bother in using. nite outclass in anything else(yeah even specs since he got superpower for bliss). also lol at more useless defense, intimidate is only good for switching into atacks, i would rather have a higher base defense then a ability that drop my enemy atack.
Not, not true. With plenty HP EVs (like what "bulky" Dragonite runs anyway) Salamence will survive similar Ice Beams.
The niche fanboys have invented for Dragonite is in enough demand for it to be 28th in usage.

I remember earlier in the black and white reveal craze, there was some guy on pokebeach that had a bunch of rumours. The one that had me totally psyched was the one where there would be a ton of field type moves. Anyone remember that? I think one example they gave was like poison field, which upped the accuracy of poison moves by 30%, made sludge bomb have a 100% poison rate, and made toxic spikes' poison have an immediate effect, whatever that means. Anyone still think that still might happen?

I think the rumour guy there said there'd be like twenty different ones. Also I remember reading on serebii that one of the options in battle(Fight, Item, Pokemon) was called Shooter. Haven't heard anything else about that

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Hmm, I don't know. They've done all weather effects plus Reflect and Light Screen. I think it's pretty likely they would add items for these two.
I sincerely doubt it. GF knows that 8 turn TR is far too strong. Heck, even in singles, 8 turns would be overly powerful. And doubles is 4x worse.

However, I would really like to see Gravity extended to 8 turns, or to have it receive the boost from Light Clay (or just make a new item for it). Gravity isn't too strong, and since it can also often be abused by your opponent, it should at least last 8 turns before ending.
Didn't they say something in the lines of "this generation will be like playing Red/Blue" (I know it wasn't exactly that)?

I predict Psychic-types will be immune to Shadow Ball ~__~
Mario With Lasers used Future Sight!

...But it Failed!

(Something that drastic won't happen of course, but I DO want to see Psychic get a buff; all these Psychic types being released make it seem somewhat plausible)

lol...I was having a bit of fun but seriously, it is outclassed.
The fact that it was 28th in usage in May while being 8th in suspect where Salamence is banned kind of says it all.
Usage doesn't mean anything. Electivire sucks yet it's a reasonable placing in the usage stats. Also, people are just using Dragonite to fill the place in their team where Salamence was. Dragonite is outclassed by Salamence in some things but not others...I mean, is Blissey outclassed by Skarmory? No, they do different things.

Did you even read the thread?

Usage doesn't mean anything. Electivire sucks yet it's a reasonable placing in the usage stats. Also, people are just using Dragonite to fill the place in their team where Salamence was. Dragonite is outclassed by Salamence in some things but not others...I mean, is Blissey outclassed by Skarmory? No, they do different things.
You can't compare Skarmory and Blissey to Salamence and Dragonite.
Dragonite's main differentiation from Salamence is its movepool.
But many of its support moves work best on other things anyway.
It's not a bad Pokemon...there's just precious little reason to use it with Mence available.
I don't think the sprite's feelings will be hurt if that is admitted!

EDIT: Actually if it picked up Swords Dance I could see it working as a mini Rayquaza.
That would be kind of cool.

dont bother with him anymore. i am gonna end this niteXmence argument right now before it get out of control and haunter delete the posts cause its out of topic.

while is true mence is more dangerous on sweeper and breaking shit apart then nite you cant just ignore what nite got over mence, named higher defenses, better movepool and the fact you never know wtf he is running(With mence its either DD or mixed).

if you bother to read that thread you will understand mence and nite are 2 completely different pokemons, the only thing that those 2 are the same is the base 130+ atack and typing, EVERYTHING ELSE IS DIFFERENT. please ignore usage.

sigh...ok now back to gen 5. i think what gamefreak means with same as RBY is a restart to the series, i mean we are back on route 1 right? for all we know the starters could actually become pure grass. fire and waters! we wont know for sure until the game is out or the types are confirmed(they are not right?). same for the massive amount of psychic types and dragon pseudo-legendary(but that happens on all gens bar 2).

Am I the only one who wants to see a turn limit to the amount of time weather stays on the field from auto-summoning from abilities? And Rapid Spin should do more damage the more hazards it blows away.

if grondon and kyogre sun/rain only lasted 8 turns i would be happy, shit like kabutops get on my nervers once in a while. rapid spin could get 10 power for each entry hazard it blow up, 3 spikes+3 T-spikes+SR+20 base power=90 power. now that is something, almost equal to return and stronger then body slam.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't believe Drought and Drizzle will ever get nerfed (we're talking about motherfucking Kyogre and Groudon here, and both abilities would be broken regardless), but I *could* see Sand Stream and Snow Warning getting their number of turns reduced, just because they were given to "random" pokémon.

I remember earlier in the black and white reveal craze, there was some guy on pokebeach that had a bunch of rumours. The one that had me totally psyched was the one where there would be a ton of field type moves. Anyone remember that? I think one example they gave was like poison field, which upped the accuracy of poison moves by 30%, made sludge bomb have a 100% poison rate, and made toxic spikes' poison have an immediate effect, whatever that means. Anyone still think that still might happen?

I think the rumour guy there said there'd be like twenty different ones. Also I remember reading on serebii that one of the options in battle(Fight, Item, Pokemon) was called Shooter. Haven't heard anything else about that
The rumor was about items that would activate a certain field effect, not new moves. However, while the source was quite credible, his source apparently fooled him thus making him look like a jerk (lol "Minotauros beta art"). So let's just say it's fake.

And Shooter is probably related to the VS Seeker (yeah), as that battle was on Wi-Fi where items cannot be used.

Mario With Lasers used Future Sight!

...But it Failed!

(Something that drastic won't happen of course, but I DO want to see Psychic get a buff; all these Psychic types being released make it seem somewhat plausible)
I'm sure my prediction was horribly wrong, but in the end, having a lot of Psychic-types pre-revealed doesn't mean much. D/P had no Ground or Ghost-types announced before release, and then... We got Hippowdon, Garchomp and the highest number of Ghosts a single generation had ever added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)