Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official site revealed that Gochiruzeru is Black Version exclusive, and Rankurusu is White Version exclusive!

I MUST HAVE STRANGE BABY FLOATING IN GREEN JELLO.

If anything, Sandstorm and Hail need a boost, not a nerf. If Snow Warning were to only last for 8 turns, no one would even think of using a Hail team anymore because it would be so much more difficult to keep Hail up. ATM, Sandstorm is really only used to boost Tyranitar's SpDef (which really wouldn't be effected by the turn limit) and occasionally as extra residual damage on stall teams. Sandstorm might be prevelent in OU but that's really only because Tyranitar is a good Pokemon. I don't think I've ever seen a team that tried to use Sandstorm as its predominant strategy on Shoddy.

I like the idea of Cyclone, but some of the effects are broken. A +0 priority Whirlwind would mean that any team would just have to set up SR and a few layers of Spikes and set up that weather and send in Aerodactyl to phaze everything endlessly. The only things that would be able to stop it would be fast CS Pokemon, auto-weather inducers, and Scizor and Mamoswine's Bullet Punch and Ice Shard, respectively. I also think that the weather should only increase Tailwind's duration to 5 turns so it can be useful without being broken. A 120 Base Power Rapid Spin seems a little broken to me but people should be switching Ghost-types into it, anyway. Maybe it would be better if it went down to 80 or 100 Base Power, since its effect already makes it a useful move.

Yeah, in hindsight, Cyclone is a bit broken. I'm used to playing Ubers, and some might argue that Kyogre's broken by itself just with Rain up, so I wasn't paying that much attention to OU.

Yeah, the normal Prio Whirlwind is broken, almost forgot about Lugia and its ridiculous speed. Tailwind, not so much though I certainly see where you're coming from. Assuming an increase in field effects, is there anything wrong with passing +2 Speed, assuming I can still counter it with T-Tar, which would end it instantly, not to mention there is other viable stuff, Rain and Sun as well for OU. Perhaps making it a 1.5x Boost could help?

I don't see whats wrong with 120 BP Rapid Spin Normal has poor coverage on all the common users, bar Starmie/Tenta who have a poor attack stat, and the only thing that could possibly benefit on a Cylcone team from it is Donphan, who is nowhere near broken with it. Other users like Forry don't invest in attack and yeah, there are always Ghosts.

Blowing Entry Hazards away is very broken. You may as well not other running Rapid Spin. The way I like to see it, TS and Spikes are firmly anchored in the ground, and Stealth Rock floats in the air, and in a circular system, it would just spin around, but I don't like the idea of making everyone take Stealth Rock damage each turn because those pointed stones hovering around your team are now pointed stones spinning around the field. I briefly considered giving Power moves 100% accuracy, but do we really want half the grass types in the game to get Spore in this weather, as well as T-Wave that can hit grounds (who honestly don't care that much).

As much as I hated Zekrom when I first saw it, (though I have grown to like it), I'll be getting White for sure now

lol at Cyclone, way too many effects in one move. But I definitely want to see some more weather effects, or at the very least improved/brand new abilities that play on the weather we have right now.

Has anyone thought about you first? I'd imagine if a pokemon like Togekiss can use follow me to allow a pokemon to set up and then use you first it could be fairly potent.
Here's how you use You First:
-Triple battles (I guess Doubles would work too)
-Put a Scarf on the Pokemon with You First
-Then team him up with Tyranitar/Metagross/Machamp/Aggron/Rhyperior/etc
-Use You First on them
-???
-Profit

If bulky Pokemon get You First, this could probably go on for 3-4 turns. Even if a frail user gets it, 2 turns of havoc is still a lot.

Edit: You could also use it to weaken Payback if you time it right. Or prioritize Whirlwind and Roar. The possibilities are pretty great.

lol at Cyclone, way too many effects in one move. But I definitely want to see some more weather effects, or at the very least improved/brand new abilities that play on the weather we have right now.
Im surprised there wasn't an auto fog inducer, I always pictured it being on a ghost type

Im surprised there wasn't an auto fog inducer, I always pictured it being on a ghost type
I'm hoping there never will be an auto fog because I would hate to see the stall wars >.>

On another note...it does seem that tsutaja's going to be grass/poison

Hm, yeah, I've always wondered why noone bothered making Fog into a fully fledged weather condition, I mean, its not like it isn't programed in. Then again, it might break stall since my Stone Edge is gonna miss Bulky Gyara more often and my Rock Slide isn't gonna cut it. Not to mention free lefties recovery for no reason. If that ever happens, I want every type to get an Aura Sphere powered never-miss move.

I hope Magic Room lasts a few turns, like TR. I also want to see more trapping abilities. Storm Drain should have totally been Magnet Pull for waters. Not that Gastrodon can do much except set up Curse, Toxic Stall or Countercoat, but still, thats an ability done right. I won't suggest the same for Lightning Rod, because thats just begging for Rhyperior to come in on your Specs Jolt and set up a Gyara sweep.

Maybe Ash as a field effect as well (obv not Gen III ash which does nothing but waste 3 seconds of my time for every turn I try to grind on that Skarm), but giving Fires 2 Effects may be a bit unfair. I guess theres always Poison?

I hope to god that there are no more entry hazards. And if there are, there had better be entry supports? Actually thats pretty cool. Lets say Vappy learns a new move called Healing Fountain or something? Regaining HP based on my resistance to water (e.g. Kingdra gets 50%, Gyara gets 25%,etc, though not sure if Vappy itself should get none since technically, its immune to water), or even just a flat 12.5% could add a very interesting option to stall teams. Aside from the fact now I have a "check" to SR, it begs the question if I should run Rapid Spin anymore, since I'll clear my own Entry supports.

Hm, yeah, I've always wondered why noone bothered making Fog into a fully fledged weather condition, I mean, its not like it isn't programed in. Then again, it might break stall since my Stone Edge is gonna miss Bulky Gyara more often and my Rock Slide isn't gonna cut it. Not to mention free lefties recovery for no reason. If that ever happens, I want every type to get an Aura Sphere powered never-miss move.

I hope Magic Room lasts a few turns, like TR. I also want to see more trapping abilities. Storm Drain should have totally been Magnet Pull for waters. Not that Gastrodon can do much except set up Curse, Toxic Stall or Countercoat, but still, thats an ability done right. I won't suggest the same for Lightning Rod, because thats just begging for Rhyperior to come in on your Specs Jolt and set up a Gyara sweep.

Maybe Ash as a field effect as well (obv not Gen III ash which does nothing but waste 3 seconds of my time for every turn I try to grind on that Skarm), but giving Fires 2 Effects may be a bit unfair. I guess theres always Poison?

I hope to god that there are no more entry hazards. And if there are, there had better be entry supports? Actually thats pretty cool. Lets say Vappy learns a new move called Healing Fountain or something? Regaining HP based on my resistance to water (e.g. Kingdra gets 50%, Gyara gets 25%,etc, though not sure if Vappy itself should get none since technically, its immune to water), or even just a flat 12.5% could add a very interesting option to stall teams. Aside from the fact now I have a "check" to SR, it begs the question if I should run Rapid Spin anymore, since I'll clear my own Entry supports.
It has been confirmed that Magic Room lasts for 5 turns.

My idea is pollution. It kinda fits on the theme.

Pollution (Poison type)

- 6% damage to every type except poison and steel in the end of the round
- Poison type moves get boosted 50%
- Grass and Water types get statusted by normal poison (not toxic)

It would boost weak poison types and make them better. What do you think?

My idea is pollution. It kinda fits on the theme.

Pollution (Poison type)

- 6% damage to every type except poison and steel in the end of the round
- Poison type moves get boosted 50%
- Grass and Water types get statusted by normal poison (not toxic)

It would boost weak poison types and make them better. What do you think?
I dunno if this is the answer but its a good start poison needs some type of boost its such a mediocre type

Do you think they'll include locations where we'll be able to change Deoxys, Shaymin, Giratina and Rotom's formes?
probably, into the giratina part it would most likely either be able to be transfered with griseous orb atached or you grab the item in-game by some random method.

The official site revealed that Gochiruzeru is Black Version exclusive, and Rankurusu is White Version exclusive!

FUCK
YES

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there any evidence of this either than the fact that it learns at least one Poison-type move?

Speaking of Coil, Arbok will obviously get it. Seviper too, probably. I wonder if it's just a Poison-type Wrap move or if it's more interesting in some way.

EDIT: Maybe it's a move that raises Defense and Speed. That's my wild guess for the day.

Several Pokemon can learn offensive Poison moves and are not Poison type:

Cradily, Cacturne, Parasect, Armaldo, Gliscor, tons learn Gunk Shot by tutor, Mightyena, Mawile, tons learn Poison Jab by TM, Sandslash, Swampert, Gastrodon, Sludge Bomb TM, tons of Fire types learn Smog.

The non-offensive Poison move list is longer I believe.

Obviously I'm being really nitpicky but just because a Pokemon learns an attack that is Poison type (and really is more related to the animal species itself) doesn't mean that Tsutarja will become Poison.

Huhuhu...

I'm hoping there never will be an auto fog because I would hate to see the stall wars >.>

What about its evolutions suspected names, Tsujatawire and Tsujatesla. Its very Electrical,but it should never be Poison,its just to much like the other starters,and the last gens starters finals had diverse types.

If Tsutaja is Grass/Poison ill be extremly upset there are enough Grass/Poison type's. Grass starters have been completly screwed over in previous generations for the most part they are weaker than their fire and water counterparts I hope game freak corrects this.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Reshiram and Gothloli? Guess I know which version I'm buying.

What about its evolutions suspected names, Tsujatawire and Tsujatesla. Its very Electrical,but it should never be Poison,its just to much like the other starters,and the last gens starters finals had diverse types.
They were fake.

Speaking of Coil, Arbok will obviously get it. Seviper too, probably. I wonder if it's just a Poison-type Wrap move or if it's more interesting in some way.
Coil will be similar to Charge, I assure you. I can only hope that it boosts attack stage to the max during the following turn because that tends to be how snakes of that manner prepare for an attack.

Also, seriously... Wargle and Staraptor on the same team... I cannot wait!

If Tsutaja is Grass/Poison ill be extremly upset there are enough Grass/Poison type's. Grass starters have been completly screwed over in previous generations for the most part they are weaker than their fire and water counterparts I hope game freak corrects this.
How ironic, the last time a Grass-type starter was better than the Fire/Water was back in Gen I, which was a Grass/Poison. Grass will never be better than the other two unless Gamefreak starts to take advantage of the one thing that makes them better: sleep moves. The only Grass-type starter that has had one was Venusaur, who had Sleep Powder. It doesn't seem like Tsutaja's evolutions will have it, and unless they give it a ridiculous typing (Dragon or Steel sub-typings are the only ones that can save it) then it will be much like Sceptile. At least Torterra has STAB Earthquake, but can you imagine if it would have gotten a sleep move?

I'm conflicted on the versions, as well. I want the version that has the shrubbery in the towns (whichever one that is), but I also want Reshiram AND Rankurusu. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)