Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, guys, I can't tell if Rankurusu's HP here is 183 or 163.
http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/pokemon/new/pk011.html

Then here it has 155, like we saw before:
http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/pokemon/new/pk012.html

Either way, it could have higher stats than we anticipated, meaning it might have substantially higher base stats than we previously imagined.
That means nothing. That one can be EV trained or something. The minimum values are what gives you the better idea. If 155 is with no EV's, and a IV of 0, it has 90 base HP, if it's with 31 IV it has 80 base HP. With 80 base HP (and assuming 31 IV) it reaches a maximum of 187 at level 50 so 183 is perfectly compatible with the minimum.

That means nothing. That one can be EV trained or something. The minimum values are what gives you the better idea. If 155 is with no EV's, and a IV of 0, it has 90 base HP, if it's with 31 IV it has 80 base HP. With 80 base HP (and assuming 31 IV) it reaches a maximum of 187 at level 50 so it is 183 is perfectly compatible with the minimum.
Well, you can't dismiss it entirely as you say "that means nothing" because it does mean something. Technically, it means nothing to try to calculate its base stats because the range is huge for a Pokemon with 0 IVs and 0 EVs to 31 IVs and 252 EVs. This lack of reliable information gives hope for a decent Pokemon, still.

Well, you can't dismiss it entirely as you say "that means nothing" because it does mean something. Technically, it means nothing to try to calculate its base stats because the range is huge for a Pokemon with 0 IVs and 0 EVs to 31 IVs and 252 EVs. This lack of reliable information gives hope for a decent Pokemon, still.
What I wanted to say is that 183 is compatible with the minimum HP possible so having that HP doesn't mean it has got better stats. And yes, you're right when you say that we have a way too big range to get reliable information but still, better than 90 base HP is impossible. 90 would be good though.

So what exactly is N's role?
Or is it not yet known?

Also, just throwing this out there...
But N's hair reminds me a heck of a lot of Zoroark's... O__e

he is probably a pokemon with the illusion ability, or by monster hunter standards. a Nargacuga.

he is called N for a reason, check the monster first letter.

P.S: he glow in the dark.

Ok, if Rankurusu has 183 HP in that pic vs. Gochiruzeru, it would have 108 base HP with 31 HP/0 EVs. To fit with the stat screen we saw earlier, that Gochiruzeru would be level 42. Recalculating its base stats based on that, we get:

108 HP/56-57 Atk/61 Def/118-119 SpA/85 SpD/25-26 Spd 453-456 BST

Repeating the same process with 0 IV/0 EVs:

123 HP/72 Atk/77 Def/134 SpA/100-101 SpD/41 Spd 547-548 BST

(If this has any merit at all I'm fairly comfortable in assuming the first one is closer to its actual stats)

Oh, and given the last few posts, I'm just going to say I know that stat screen could still be corresponding to a level 50 Rankurusu, and that stat calculating from these screens is fairly unreliable. I'm just giving out food for thought here.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
The official site revealed that Gochiruzeru is Black Version exclusive, and Rankurusu is White Version exclusive!

I MUST HAVE STRANGE BABY FLOATING IN GREEN JELLO.
AGREED. White version all the way, baby.
On another note...it does seem that tsutaja's going to be grass/poison
Where did you find information to base this claim? It's possible but doesn't seem that way to me right now... actually, I'm leaning towards pure Grass, and always have been.
Ok, if Rankurusu has 183 HP in that pic vs. Gochiruzeru, it would have 108 base HP with 31 HP/0 EVs. To fit with the stat screen we saw earlier, that Gochiruzeru would be level 42. Recalculating its base stats based on that, we get:

108 HP/56-57 Atk/61 Def/118-119 SpA/85 SpD/25-26 Spd 453-456 BST

Repeating the same process with 0 IV/0 EVs:

123 HP/72 Atk/77 Def/134 SpA/100-101 Spd/41 Spd 547-548 BST

(If this has any merit at all I'm fairly comfortable in assuming the first one is closer to its actual stats)
That screenshot looked like a 183 HP stat to me... so it seems like Rankurusu is going to have a very beefy HP stat. Nice idea reverse-calculating it's stats at lv42, but it's hard to predict that actual base stats right now; however, your estimates seem reasonable (the first one more so, as much as I'd love the second's stats!)

well i live in the middle of nowhere and i have to use mi fi as my source of high speed internet, so no gts here unless i go to a internet cafe or something, and im notorious for restarting my gams a lot so its also impractical

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/pgl/pgl02.html

Hey look, Mijumaru is smiling.

But he still looks retarded.
Bwahaha. If (when) he turns out to evolve into something epic, it is because he was abused as a child Pokemon, just like Magikarp.

Also, notice Pokabu in the leftmost pic. See how it's posture and appearance make it look more like a dog, than a pig? I think it's a really neat touch, and I hope it's evolutions continue that feel.

@Shroomisaur:
I've also noticed how Pokabu doesn't het anyone to play with, poor thing...

@Skylar56:
Only 2 version exclusive pairs are known at the moment, so it might be a little early to tell. And wether game is the "best" is of course a quite subjective matter anyway.

Where did you find information to base this claim? It's possible but doesn't seem that way to me right now... actually, I'm leaning towards pure Grass, and always have been.
Basing it off of coil but you never know. Maybe it's just a move they're giving to all snakes :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)