Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gamefreak makes the embodiement of technology/idustry the "good guy" while nature/simplicity is the "bad guy", I think it will raise a few questions.

That's right kiddies, nature baaaad. Video games gooooood.

I think it's more likely they will be neutral figures, and the moral of the story will be that they should be balanced.

I really think we'll get more semi-legend pokemon and I'd really appreciate that. By "semi-legend" I mean not obeying the strict "you catch one per game" rule, but having a very special way of obtaining. The last gen introduced this kind of Pokemon with Spiritomb and Rotom, I think. Also, Heatran kinda falls into that category, having some quite strange properties for a real "legend". Same goes for Phione, I think.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
If Gamefreak makes the embodiement of technology/idustry the "good guy" while nature/simplicity is the "bad guy", I think it will raise a few questions.

That's right kiddies, nature baaaad. Video games gooooood.

I think it's more likely they will be neutral figures, and the moral of the story will be that they should be balanced.
Whereas if GF takes the stereotypical route of "EVIL POLLUTING INDUSTRY vs. good, serene nature", I would be so incredibly disappointed. I hope it's not this simple and actually makes use of the "shades of gray" plotpoint that this generation is obviously set up for.
That would make it 13, plus the trio would make it 16.

That's still only two more than DPPt's 14.
And since DPPt had twice as many Legendaries as I thought was reasonable, this just means that B/W is going to be even worse. I hope this info is incorrect.

@Sandstreamer, I agree, I too would like to see more Spiritomb/Rotom-esque encounters, as well as epic sidequests for rare Pokemon, like the Regis.

Maybe they join forces to stop an oncoming Ice Age. Although Dragon/Ice isn't confirmed, is it?

And yes please to legend sidequests. RSE had some of the best gameplay out of all the games, albeit with arguably the worst set of Pokemon out of the four gens. The whole Regi sidequest, the desert, Wally as a character, the Cycling Road times (why did that not come back!?), Secret bases, etc, etc.

Maybe they join forces to stop an oncoming Ice Age. Although Dragon/Ice isn't confirmed, is it?

And yes please to legend sidequests. RSE had some of the best gameplay out of all the games, albeit with arguably the worst set of Pokemon out of the four gens. The whole Regi sidequest, the desert, Wally as a character, the Cycling Road times (why did that not come back!?), Secret bases, etc, etc.
The Ice Age Idea sounds Awesome

I loved legendary side quests,or the things like mirage Island but more frequent. And Secret bases made the game for me, I was severly dissapointed with the Underground.

Not yet. And I actually liked the Seven Islands (I think there were seven) that you could go to, I definitely enjoyed that ^_^

Shroomisaur

And yes please to legend sidequests. RSE had some of the best gameplay out of all the games, along with arguably the best set of Pokemon out of the four gens.
Fixed that for you.

Secret bases were so much fun - I don't know about the rest of you, but I tried out every single location for my base and enjoyed moving it around to my favorite spots. Finding your friend's bases and battling their teams was a lot of fun, too... and with Wifi, this element would be even better.

From what we've seen so far, B/W is looking a lot like Hoenn, what with a new detached world and all new Pokemon. It would be a great time for GF to bring back these great gameplay options from R/S.

You can't stop an Ice Age, lol. I seriously will lose faith in Gamefreak's writing abilities if that's it.
You could stop a Pokemon that for some reason wants to create an Ice Age. Maybe because it's sick of all the debate between Zekrom and Reshiram over which is better.

If this whole thing is nature vs technology,then what does the Dragon/Ice one mean?
maybe it's just something that could cause an end to both nature AND technology? kinda like what groudon/kyogre could've done in R/S/E if they weren't stopped? an ice age sounds way too far fetched, but then again, sinnoh cooled down by alot in platinum (warm clothes and snow in twinleaf?)

and BRING R/S/E SECRET BASES BACK. having a npc with customizable pokes was amazing. you could easily get smeargle the set you wanted, you could do some insane power leveling/EV training, and it was fun to have everyone's bases saved into the game, instead of having to hook up with them on the wireless to get to their base in the underground.

Fixed that for you.

Secret bases were so much fun - I don't know about the rest of you, but I tried out every single location for my base and enjoyed moving it around to my favorite spots. Finding your friend's bases and battling their teams was a lot of fun, too... and with Wifi, this element would be even better.

From what we've seen so far, B/W is looking a lot like Hoenn, what with a new detached world and all new Pokemon. It would be a great time for GF to bring back these great gameplay options from R/S.
I totally agree, but I never had wifi back then :/
I think that if GF brought back things from RS, it would make the game much better. It's looking gret already, but man, with secret bases, the desert, the Regi trio, it would make things even better!

Lol. I left for 9 days and missed 80 pages of posts and tons of information.

I wonder if the War Eagle poke will have usable base stats. Hopefully, it's shiny form will be blue and orange. [Auburn: My school]

What do you guys think the odds of Wooguru being a legend are?? I think the odds are high. It is a Valor Pokemon.

Wooguru is awesome too me.

Salamence going Uber was a painful present for my 18th B-day.[Jul. 17]

Yes, what is up with Pokebeach?

On a completely unrelated note to everything, what is with Phione? It seems to have no use whatsoever except: Phione>iPhone
No really though, what is it good for? Will there be another strange legendary like it?

Okay, now actually on topic: What is the purpose of primary and secondary typing?

On a completely unrelated note to everything, what is with Phione? It seems to have no use whatsoever except: Phione>iPhone
No really though, what is it good for? Will there be another strange legendary like it?

Okay, now actually on topic: What is the purpose of primary and secondary typing?
I dont really understand either , I mean , I dont really care wether they are kept in the same order upon evolution , what I really care about is why the fck does it matter if it's Fire/Dark or Dark/Fire(Im not talking about evo's here)you get the double STAB anyway ~_~

That's exactly what I'm thinking

Shroomisaur

OK, I didn't want to have to re-explain this, but I guess I have to:

There is no real "purpose" to the ordering of types, but Gamefreak's "habit" is that a Pokemon never changes it's primary typing when it evolves.

This is relevant to the rumor because it shows a new Fire/Dark pokemon, and it was speculated that it could be a Houndoom evo. But this can't be, because Houndoom is Dark/Fire, and the primary typing never changes.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)