Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure enough; there's the exception to the rule. It's strange how Steelix is the exception, rather than Shedinja or something like that...

EDIT: And Swablu too, good find Seriin. It's a "habit" after all, not a law. But you're right that a Type-reversal has never happened, and I don't think there's been an instance when a Pokemon's typing completely changes either (which reminds me of that rumor a while ago about the new Mole-mon changing from Ground to Steel upon evolving).
I think azurill, a pure normal turns into pure water marill, right?

you are right. plus a female azurill can become male after evolving. and i mentioned the other day we dont need dick girls on pokemon....

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Don't worry, there's also Machop and Geodudes, too! ... I'm going to get shot soon, aren't I? XD

Actually, I suggested that these Pokemon would still be around before you did... and I haven't been shot so far... at least I don't think so.

So basically we're dealing with Reshiram being the equivalent of Lucifer, and Zekrom being Satan? ... Sounds fun, 'specially with Lucifer having angel wings himself, and Satan having weird bat wings (Zekrom has mecha-bat wings, at least. ... Right? ;^^)

...I guess I never thought of Zekrom's wings as bat wings ^^;
Actually, the reason I redirected you to that post was the thought that Reshiram, despite his angelic appearance (according to you :P), might be the "evil" one, and Zekrom may actually be the "good" angel - since that plays on the whole Black/White/shades of gray thing going on here. Might make you reconsider things, no? :naughty:
EDIT: @Marc, good find. I'd totally forgotten about Azurill (unsurprisingly).
@Lucalibur: And I agree... again. But it seems there's nothing we can do... Pokemon is doomed.

I want Scizor to get another EVO. Bullet Punch isn't broken until it can OHKO Gyarados at -1.

Perhaps there won't be evos for pokemon, but rather alternate forms that Rotom. While I'll be hard pressed to see them make lore or new pokemon getting evos in this region (possibly since its faraway could work), maybe only new ones?

...I guess I never thought of Zekrom's wings as bat wings ^^;
Actually, the reason I redirected you to that post was the thought that Reshiram, despite his angelic appearance (according to you :P), might be the "evil" one, and Zekrom may actually be the "good" angel - since that plays on the whole Black/White/shades of gray thing going on here. Might make you reconsider things, no? :naughty:
Well, what I was saying was more of a joke on the two deities' portrayal in the SMT series. In Reshiram's case, I was relating him to Lucifer because of Lucy's rebellious nature against God, which one may consider "evil". In terms of Zekrom and Satan, Satan in the SMT is actually a follower of God, which may make him "good".

... Of course, the SMT series as a whole is loads more complicated, and both Lucifer and Satan aren't really THAT simple of deities that one could put them in the role of good/evil like that. But now thinking about it, it would be hilarious to see Reshiram try and control things like Houndoom and Shiftry and try to attack Arceus, while Zekrom summons Raikou and Lucario down on the fire-dragon. ... Goodness gracious my mind's wrapped around ATLUS' Nintendo Hard finger, isn't it? XP

I've said this 300 pages ago and I was totally ignored ;D

Altho it would be cool seeing a crappy pokemon getting a fourth evo with 800 BST....xD
Lol, sorry, I didn't know.. at least now you aren't being ignored (;
It would be cool to see the Caterpie and Weedle family evolve into something like Arceus :O

i am sorry but Lucario aura is too powerful for someone to just show up and say: die for me against this pokemon that you cant ohko but ohko you regardless of your evs and nature with fire STAB. Lucario would only help if he felt like it.

besides this special little detail i would love to see something like this. arceus is too much of a bitch IMO and gamefreak got carried away with him. plus they totally forgot about the azure flute event.

The best troll by gamefreak would be have Koromori be the new Zubat in virtually every cave, in addition to a nice variety of different pokemon depending on the cave

And then you go into Victory Road

Zubats
Everywhere
And golbats. And crobats.

and nothing else

Shroomisaur

Well, what I was saying was more of a joke on the two deities' portrayal in the SMT series. In Reshiram's case, I was relating him to Lucifer because of Lucy's rebellious nature against God, which one may consider "evil". In terms of Zekrom and Satan, Satan in the SMT is actually a follower of God, which may make him "good".

... Of course, the SMT series as a whole is loads more complicated, and both Lucifer and Satan aren't really THAT simple of deities that one could put them in the role of good/evil like that. But now thinking about it, it would be hilarious to see Reshiram try and control things like Houndoom and Shiftry and try to attack Arceus, while Zekrom summons Raikou and Lucario down on the fire-dragon. ... Goodness gracious my mind's wrapped around ATLUS' Nintendo Hard finger, isn't it? XP
My apologies, (once again I'm slow) I hadn't realized you were referring to SMT... hooray for flying completely off topic! Now that you've explained that to me, it makes much more sense.

And I almost laughed at the thought of Reshiram ordering around Dark Pokemon to attack Arceus... the imagery there is too good. Someone on Deviantart needs to draw this scene or something.
And also:
my mind's wrapped around ATLUS' Nintendo Hard finger
This might make a good sig :P

@UT (Typing your full name is tiresome) Weedle -> Kakuna -> God. I like this idea.

@UT (Typing your full name is tiresome) Weedle -> Kakuna -> God. I like this idea.[/QUOTE said:
Lol, I like long names. And yes, that is the best. idea. ever. Lol kidding, but they should make something so weak like Weedle and Kakuna evolve into something better than a Beedrill, I mean, come on, give is a flying/bug Lucario!

The best troll by gamefreak would be have Koromori be the new Zubat in virtually every cave, in addition to a nice variety of different pokemon depending on the cave

And then you go into Victory Road

Zubats
Everywhere
And golbats. And crobats.

and nothing else
EVEN WHILE SURFING. Bats ON the water, they're freaking everywhere! >.<

this place just dont look cool without ming-ming posting.

the reason combee only evolve when female is because...humm....the queen bee? is there a male one too? if not then there is the reason...ok i dont know a lot about bugs so gimme a break.

edit:just checked, they are no king bees thus we probably wont ever get a male combee evo.

Shroomisaur

the reason combee only evolve when female is because...humm....the queen bee? is there a male one too? if not then there is the reason...ok i dont know a lot about bugs so gimme a break.

edit:just checked, they are no king bees thus we probably wont ever get a male combee evo.
I think Ming-Ming went into hiding after being threatened with an AK-47... hmm... who was that evil threatening man!?

And no, I doubt there will be a combee evo for males... sorry.

EDIT: 300th post. As dictator-for-life, I award myself a bottlecap of valor.
Oh, and insert obligatory "This is Sparta" joke here.

Combee is only pokemon to have only one gender evolve period.
Giving the male Combee a Drone Honey Bee evolution only makes sense for sake of conformity.

sorry? i am super happy there wont have a male combee evo, that thing would drop into the pits of NU. and no BL fighter(from now on i will call you BS fighter, what means BullShit fighter). gamefreak prefer to keep stuff like that close to the real world.

also i am sorry if i made you scared ming-ming. the AK-47 is out of ammo.

I think Ming-Ming went into hiding after being threatened with an AK-47... hmm... who was that evil threatening man!
Nah, I'm still around. ;^^ And thank goodness I won't be shot... Yet! XD

Really, I like the idea of Combee getting a male evolution, though it would probably steal the thunder of the original bee badass, Beedrill. A super-drone bee would be kind of cool, in the least, with a lot of recoil moves (Reference to certain species of bees that, when they sting and lose their stinger, they die), and high Attack and Speed stats, but minimal Defensive stats.

male bees itself are rare. king ones dont exist. females on the other hand are common and queen bees exist. in short i REALLY doubt we will be getting a male combee evo, if we do then cool i guess but i would rather not have one. also good to know you are still around mingy.

male bees itself are rare. king ones dont exist. females on the other hand are common and queen bees exist. in short i REALLY doubt we will be getting a male combee evo, if we do then cool i guess but i would rather not have one.
I thought male bees were mostly made up of worker and drone bees, while females were bred for queen-hood? I mean, I know king bees do not exist, but at least Combee's male evolution could have been a strong drone one. All 'n all, it just proves my knowledge on insects is not what I thought it was...

mine is crap too, i checked with a expert a few minutes ago and he said male ones are rare. females are also workers and there is only 1 queen, i dont know anything else.

Shroomisaur

The main problem with a male Combee evo is:

1. Like Ming-Ming said, we already have an awesome attacking Bee Pokemon... Beedrill. I'm not sure we need another one.

2. Combee was created because it's different than Beedrill - it's strictly a Honey-gathering bee, not a fighter. Male ones would continue to just gather honey, whereas there is a chance that a female could be the queen of the colony (Vespiqueen). I think we should just bee happy with Combee as it is (that was terrible).

Well, since we've had crazy ideas like 4th form evolutions and 3-type Pokemon, here's an idea of mine: Dual-typed attacks (and the addition of Dual-STAB). I got thinking about this when Swampert learned Muddy Water - it fit him perfectly, but it was a gimped Surf. I always thought that move should be Water/Ground typed, just like Swampert is! Other moves could go this way too, like Zen Headbutt could be Psychic/Fighting, stuff like that.

It would be fun to hit Rhyperior for x6 damage with Muddy Water (x4 Water, x2 Ground). Let's see Solid Rock handle that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)