Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine is crap too, i checked with a expert a few minutes ago and he said male ones are rare. females are also workers and there is only 1 queen, i dont know anything else.
Mm, really? Ah well, GF already sort of screwed that up a bit with having male Combees more common than female ones. XD

2. Combee was created because it's different than Beedrill - it's strictly a Honey-gathering bee, not a fighter. Male ones would continue to just gather honey, whereas there is a chance that a female could be the queen of the colony (Vespiqueen). I think we should just bee happy with Combee as it is (that was terrible).
That's also true, thinking about it. Bumblebees and other bees that create generally lack a stinger, so if Combee did evolve, it'd probably become more of a swarming type of deal, rather than a complete drone.

Well, since we've had crazy ideas like 4th form evolutions and 3-type Pokemon, here's an idea of mine: Dual-typed attacks (and the addition of Dual-STAB). I got thinking about this when Swampert learned Muddy Water - it fit him perfectly, but it was a gimped Surf. I always thought that move should be Water/Ground typed, just like Swampert is! Other moves could go this way too, like Zen Headbutt could be Psychic/Fighting, stuff like that.

It would be fun to hit Rhyperior for x6 damage with Muddy Water (x4 Water, x2 Ground). Let's see Solid Rock handle that.
I was actually curious back in Gen. III when it came to Muddy Water's existance. For the longest time, I thought it was either Ground, or Water/Ground, not... Water.

Really, to balance dual-type moves, there shouldn't be a double STAB, just a singular STAB. If we had that, then Swampert would literally send 4.5x damage on a Solid Rock Rhyperior, without any boosting items! ... That's pretty harsh.

gamefreak failed badly with ursaring. at least with the name! its obvious that pedobear would have being a better name and thus is suggest they make a split evo for teddiursa that can only evolve when male and is SUPER fast like...base 120 speed with a ability called below 9Y(years): if the enemy pokemon is small then pedobear atack raise by 50%, if he is big then speed raise by 50%. its a fighting/dark pokemon. heck i even got a sprite for him.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, that makes sense. I was still sure that males were extremely common, unlike female bees for some reason, as well. But eh, that's GF for ya.
yeah, not like they would have made it so only a small % of all female combees could evolve.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I saw someone once post when the idea of double-typed attacks came up: imagine ludicolo uses a Grass/Water move on Golem: 1.5 (STAB) * 1.5 (STAB) * 4 (SE) * 4 (SE) * 1.5 (Specs) = 54 times the normal damage. Carnage. Everyone who has obsene damage calculations in their sigs would have to revise them because they would look pathetic by comparison.

yeah, not like they would have made it so only a small % of all female combees could evolve.
... Now that would just make Pokémon fans' heads explode like fireworks during Independence Day in America. I sort of enjoy my low chances of getting a female Combee now, much less a shiny one. ;^^

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I saw someone once post when the idea of double-typed attacks came up: imagine ludicolo uses a Grass/Water move on Golem: 1.5 (STAB) * 1.5 (STAB) * 4 (SE) * 4 (SE) * 1.5 (Specs) = 54 times the normal damage. Carnage. Everyone who has obsene damage calculations in their sigs would have to revise them because they would look pathetic by comparison.
Yep... that would be some huge damage. The only calcs that would compare are the classic Spec Camerupt Eruption vs. Shedinja ones...

Then again, Eruption would probably become Fire/Ground typed attack, for even more insanity. If an idea like this ever happened, STAB and SE multipliers would definately have to be rebalanced...

@Ming-Ming: The day GF makes a Pokemon that only evolves if Shiny will be the day I jump off a bridge... or something dramatic like that.

Athenodoros

I just worked it out: +6 Specs Max Sp. Att. Ludicolo uses Grass/Water 100-Base Power move against a -6 min Sp. Def and Hp. Geodude is 450 000% damage.

I just worked it out: +6 Specs Max Sp. Att. Ludicolo uses Grass/Water 100-Base Power move against a -6 min Sp. Def and Hp. Geodude is 450 000% damage.
Unrealistic but quite funny:D

I remember my best in shoddy was +Attack(from guts)CC Hariyama on a Weavile was 67491

Shroomisaur

Hahahaha!... I fear you spent too much time on this, but that's... in other words, you just killed 4,500 Geodudes in one shot. That's probably the entire population.

...My trips through caves and mountains just got much more pleasant.

level 100 modest +6 specs moltres with max special attack using a 100 BP fire/flying move on a level 1 lax paras with minimum hp and spDef and the ability dry skin does 10,057,454.4% ~ 11,832,436.4%. die mushrooms DIE

Shroomisaur

level 100 modest +6 specs moltres with max special attack using a 100 BP fire/flying move on a level 1 lax paras with minimum hp and spDef and the ability dry skin does 10,057,454.4% ~ 11,832,436.4%. die mushrooms DIE
Aaaiiieeeee... not the mushrooms...! *sniff sniff*

Specs Eruption from Camerupt would do more due to the higher base power, regardless of the special attack (which is still high, anyways). ANYWAYS, how did this thread turn into this?

Specs Eruption from Camerupt would do more due to the higher base power, regardless of the special attack (which is still high, anyways). ANYWAYS, how did this thread turn into this?
i believe someone mentioned dual typed moves, and then people wanted to know how much damage they could do (to the point of brokenness >_>) and specs eruption would not outdamage this since the move is part flying, and is 4x effective.

On damage:
Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, by using Helping Hand, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 213,896,052 damage with a critical hit
From Bulbapedia.

Too much Speculation! On something that isn't even likely!

I actually hope there are some new Evos. Gamefreak is slowly losing creativity, and if more stuff evolves, that means that the ratio of FE pokemon increases and we have more OU and Uber viable pokes.

Athenodoros

If stuff evolves, the ratio of FE:NFE would go down, because more would be NFE. I think it would be a great idea for 4 evolution families because 3 evolution families are getting a bit stale, but I think that it won't happen because it would have to evolve at level 70 or something, which would not be practical for most people in-game. Unless they use stones or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)