Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALATREON! omfg the final boss from online MH3, his event for high drop skypiercer is gonna start soon right? anyway lets change subject, the highest damage thing is kinda annoying...anyone got something to discuss?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ALATREON! omfg the final boss from online MH3, his event for high drop skypiercer is gonna start soon right? anyway lets change subject, the highest damage thing is kinda annoying...anyone got something to discuss?
maybe we could discuss pokemon black & white
just a thought

In DPPT, they had 6 evolutions from Gen I (excluding porygon), 5 from Gen II, and 4 from Gen III. If they go on another evolution spree, i would guess that they would leave Gen I alone and add more evolutions to previous Gen II, III, and IV pokemon.

Also, Porygon X or Porygon Y could be the next porygon evolutions. They've had porygon or an evolution in every Generation except RSE.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, Porygon X or Porygon Y could be the next porygon evolutions. They've had porygon or an evolution in every Generation except RSE.
you should note there only have been 4 generations, if gen 5 does not break this and many other patterns, they are likely to be continued.
that's what i would assume, at least.

In DPPT, they had 6 evolutions from Gen I (excluding porygon), 5 from Gen II, and 4 from Gen III. If they go on another evolution spree, i would guess that they would leave Gen I alone and add more evolutions to previous Gen II, III, and IV pokemon.

It's hard to come to this conclusion from just 4 generations, even if there's a 'pattern', but that's not necessarily the case. The idea of a branched Porygon-2 evo, however is a something I want to be made, pattern or no pattern involved.

It doesn't say it is the third member of their trio it says it is the third Legendary revealed this gen. And I don't see it being the third of the group. It will most likely be the Mew, Celebi Pokemon of Gen 5.

Seems like next week's pokemon sunday will reveal the "Third" Legendary of the trio.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_Pokémon_to_be_revealed_next_week
The Ice/Dragon sounds like its going to be the most epic Pokemon that will ever exist,I really hope they dont epic fail on the design.

And it seems to me that they are pre releasing ALOT of Pokemon,more than any other generation.

It doesn't say it is the third member of their trio it says it is the third Legendary revealed this gen. And I don't see it being the third of the group. It will most likely be the Mew, Celebi Pokemon of Gen 5.
The Celibi will probobly be the Normal/Ghost or the Dark/Psichic.

Something occurred to me last night. Every generation so far has released pre evolutions and/or evolutions of older Pokemon. Gen II was Pichu and Slowking, Gen III was Wynaut, and Gen IV, Bonsly, Munchlax, Weavile, and Roserade. It's odd that nothing's been released so far that was related to a previous Pokemon. Perhaps the whole starting over thing (Rt. 1) means.. no evolutions of previous Pokemon? :(

Oh I'm sorry *edits*

Something occurred to me last night. Every generation so far has released pre evolutions and/or evolutions of older Pokemon. Gen II was Pichu and Slowking, Gen III was Wynaut, and Gen IV, Bonsly, Munchlax, Weavile, and Roserade. It's odd that nothing's been released so far that was related to a previous Pokemon. Perhaps the whole starting over thing (Rt. 1) means.. no evolutions of previous Pokemon? :(
Probably...which would support the rumors...

Gen III had no evolutions of previous Pokemon, just a pair of pre-evos Azurill and Wyunat.
This. I'd certainly wager that Generation V will mirror Generation III in terms of a brand new world with brand new pokemon. Just a hunch.

That is good and bad at the same time. Bad because I want some evo's of certain pokemon, but good because we get a lot of new toys to play with.

Another Porygon evo? That would be cool I suppose, but what else could you do? Physical attacker?

New evos/prevos are nice, and so are brand new pokes. Either way I think with 3v3 battles coming gen 5 will be "the new gen 3" of pokemon. Gen 3 was my fave, with doubles adding a ton to the adventure, I hope 3v3 will be the same.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK, I just thought of a double/triple battle combo that has some promise.

First you need a fast Pokémon with You First (or After You, or whatever it'll be called). This Pokémon could be Minezumi's evo if it's fast enough.

Then you need a very slow Pokémon with Free Fall. Let's use a Wargle that's holding a Lagging Tail as an example.

Basically, Minezumi-evo uses After You on Wargle on the turn Wargle chooses Free Fall, allowing it to take its target into the air near the start of the turn. Then Wargle drops its target at the end of its next turn. So Wargle is immune to most attacks for the better part of two turns and its target loses both turns. High and low priority attacks can potentially thwart this, but it could still be quite useful.

After You/You First is something that really got my attention. It should really open up the field of what can be used in triples play - even Rhyperior might become a serious player if its STAB Earthquakes have priority.

And will this stack with Helping Hand; say, one thing with After You and another with Helping Hand? Could you boost power and priority on something with a spread move - say, Camerupt's Eruption, Octillery's Water Spout or Rhyperior's EQ? Because that would be super sick in the face.

OK, I just thought of a double/triple battle combo that has some promise.

First you need a fast Pokémon with You First (or After You, or whatever it'll be called). This Pokémon could be Minezumi's evo if it's fast enough.

Then you need a very slow Pokémon with Free Fall. Let's use a Wargle that's holding a Lagging Tail as an example.

Basically, Minezumi-evo uses After You on Wargle on the turn Wargle chooses Free Fall, allowing it to take its target into the air near the start of the turn. Then Wargle drops its target at the end of its next turn. So Wargle is immune to most attacks for the better part of two turns and its target loses both turns. High and low priority attacks can potentially thwart this, but it could still be quite useful.
That is actually quite useful, and we can pull off a lot of cool combination with new attacks. Such as making a faster pokemon use the ?? attack which makes your teammates dodge damage and make your middle pokemon use explosion.
Besides that, why dont we have a talk about Tsutaja for a but? :3
I'm REALLY hoping it turns out, or at least it's evos, Grass/Electric, cuz part Dragon would give it that Ice Shard x4 weakness

Tsutaja as grass/electric would be awesome, and it is sort of yellow. But plain grass might be good too, depending on the stats. All these starters better be OU.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And will this stack with Helping Hand; say, one thing with After You and another with Helping Hand? Could you boost power and priority on something with a spread move - say, Camerupt's Eruption, Octillery's Water Spout or Rhyperior's EQ? Because that would be super sick in the face.
Helping Hand has higher priority than any other move in Gen 4. There's no reason it wouldn't stack with After You. That is 2/3 of your Pokémon's attacks for the turn, though. Also, I'm guessing After You will have normal priority, so a fast user will be necessary.

Tsutaja as grass/electric would be awesome, and it is sort of yellow. But plain grass might be good too, depending on the stats. All these starters better be OU.
Actually, I'm disagreeing with you. I don't follow tiers at all, I use the pokemon I like, but if these starters go to OU, people will just start complaining that they're way too overused, such as Scizor, so I just wish they stay out of it for a while. Even though, like I said, I don't follow tiers, but that's my opinion.

Actually, I'm disagreeing with you. I don't follow tiers at all, I use the pokemon I like, but if these starters go to OU, people will just start complaining that they're way too overused, such as Scizor, so I just wish they stay out of it for a while. Even though, like I said, I don't follow tiers, but that's my opinion.
True, I just want starters to be decent in-game. Sceptile is my favorite of all of them, and it is in UU. I just like the fact that starters are the beginning of your adventure, and using them competitively (on wifi and such) is easier when they are more OU oriented. Just my opinion though.

All these Japanese names are so confusing. They all sound the same for me. Thank goodness most of these names will change for the English versions. 6 syllables to pronounce one Pokemon's name is too much. Some of these Pokemon don't look like Pokemon anymore like Gear, the fire Sasquatch, and the black-and-white mime girl thing that's the worst-looking humanoid Pokemon since Gardevoir.

With Pokemon like the Electric zebra, there's still some hope though the law of diminishing talent still exists.

Does anyone else think the cell/virus Pokemon look more like one of Stitch's cousins from the Lilo and Stitch spin-off show rather than a Pokemon?

I'm REALLY hoping it turns out, or at least it's evos, Grass/Electric, cuz part Dragon would give it that Ice Shard x4 weakness
im hoping its part dragon, but because that wont happen, part electric would be very cool. I just hope its not part poison -_- Dark would be ok, pure grass would be bad, and...well, i dont think its any other type, except for the 1% chance its steel, which would be good. I personally hope tsutaja and mijumaru make it to OU, i docnt care for pokabu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)