Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
That IS insane, she starts with Cherubi in DP lol.

Roark was shown to have a Geodude (which he has in both games) with Rollout (Whitney PTSD kicks in) and Cranidos.

I think they're hiding any bigger changes, but let's be honest, we know they ain't doing Flint dirty like that again LMAO.
I am insane and for some reason thought that the trailer was using the dp team for gardenia because roserade was sent first
Except Roserade is used in both DP and Platinum teams, as her last Pokémon. It could be that the trailer just player her battle intro animation and hard cut transition between her throw and her last Pokémon, Roserade.

Except Roserade is used in both DP and Platinum teams, as her last Pokémon. It could be that the trailer just player her battle intro animation and hard cut transition between her throw and her last Pokémon, Roserade.
Uhhh, yes. Why did you quote me lol? As Yung Dramps said, there aren't any mons that would confirm anything regarding the Leaders' teams, whether DP, Plat, or New.
I just pointed out that she does not lead with Roserade in DP.

I don't know if the restriction is necessarily there. They definitely showed the cute pokemon primarily but technically there's nothing saying it's ONLY cute Pokemon (& starters)
Even on the website it is just " Amity Square in Hearthome City is a relaxing place where you can spend time with your Pokémon. "

Incidentally

Torchic in the amity square artwork (Also a shroomish, hey shroomish), so presumably we'll be able to get that some how. Maybe post game underground?
If I'm not mistaken, Grotle is the only mon in this picture that wasn't usable in Amity square in the originals. I don't believe the trailer had any that were previously unusable as outside of starters. If that pans out that there are few additions to the allowed mons, it would be disappointing. Gyarados and Steelix guy deserves better.

If I'm not mistaken, Grotle is the only mon in this picture that wasn't usable in Amity square in the originals. I don't believe the trailer had any that were previously unusable as outside of starters. If that pans out that there are few additions to the allowed mons, it would be disappointing. Gyarados and Steelix guy deserves better.
Eevee wasn't allowed, at the very least

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
The starters were allowed in Amity Square in Platinum, a necessary change to ensure players can use Amity Square at all. The only addition is Eevee so far, which is to be expected considering it's p much the secondary mascot of the series nowadays. It implies that Gift Eevee from Platinum may return, which would definitely be cool. But on the other hand, Amity Square has always been extremely strange with its inclusion of Pokémon that need to be traded into the games, namely Torchic, Shroomish, Skitty, and Jigglypuff. All 4 of these have been shown in Amity Square, which is likelier to imply Home compatability than anything else.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eevee is the only addition to the Pokémon that can be used in Amity Square. It's a good excuse to do less work, and given the style of BDSP they can't just migrate walking Pokémon code / models from LGPE or Crown Tundra. Adding Eevee may be for LGPE though, perhaps something special happens if you use your Eevee or Pikachu from that game.

Okay, the new screenshots and website details are pretty cool... but honestly, it just shows how shit the actual trailer was.

I mean, aside from the new Amity Square, they showed off absolutely nothing that we didn't already expect. The Pokétch? Yeah, that was a given. Cheryl and Riley? Of course they're in the game. Eterna gym using its DP design? Not surprised in the slightest. They also low-key trolled us by showing that Hidden Moves were back and until I checked the site I thought I was gonna have to lug around a Bidoof for the whole game again.

Compare this to the last trailer, which gave us character customization, following Pokémon everywhere (not just in Amity Square), and the Grand Underground. We didn't expect these to be in the game, and we were all the more excited to see them. This is just shit we already knew was going to be in (with no explanation for any changes they may have made). It's not a hype-killer or anything, but I expected more, especially this close to release.

The starters were allowed in Amity Square in Platinum, a necessary change to ensure players can use Amity Square at all. The only addition is Eevee so far, which is to be expected considering it's p much the secondary mascot of the series nowadays. It implies that Gift Eevee from Platinum may return, which would definitely be cool. But on the other hand, Amity Square has always been extremely strange with its inclusion of Pokémon that need to be traded into the games, namely Torchic, Shroomish, Skitty, and Jigglypuff. All 4 of these have been shown in Amity Square, which is likelier to imply Home compatability than anything else.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eevee is the only addition to the Pokémon that can be used in Amity Square. It's a good excuse to do less work, and given the style of BDSP they can't just migrate walking Pokémon code / models from LGPE or Crown Tundra. Adding Eevee may be for LGPE though, perhaps something special happens if you use your Eevee or Pikachu from that game.
Shroomish, Skitty & Jigglypuff were all available in DP's post game. Shroomish shows up in the Great Marsh, Jigglypuff in Backlot's garden & Skitty was a swarm Pokemon.
most likely, they will continue to be available through those methods here as well as the Grand Underground, which we know will have Pokemon like that in it.

I would be far more likely to suspect that Torchic (& the other starters?) is also available in the underground than Home allows pokemon transfers (sadly or unsadly depending how you look at it)

Also there's no more work to be done to add more Pokemon to the square....every Pokemon in the game can already follow you. Like that's in the game already, with Pokemon that weren't allowed in the Amity Square. We've had images and footage of buizel, abomasnow, bidoof, staravia, etc following us for a while.

Guess HMs are back after all. Bidoof, you are a manatory team member it seems... again.
Seeing Riley the Lucario guy shows how much they really worked on the textures. His model is by far the best looking and most detailed so far I noticed.

I love how much personality Gardenia had in her introduction. Reminds me of her anime counterpart a bit. She was one of few moments I enjoyed DP's anime. I look more forward to Candice tho since she is the coolest gym leader in Gen 4.

This just in, Ride Pokemon are confirmed back. They are:

Removal Bibarel: Ride on the back of this Bibarel who can use its fangs to cut down trees. Later will get a hard hat it can use to smash rocks.
Mover Bibarel: Ride on the back of this Bibarel who uses its tremendous strength to move boulders. Later will get protective pads it can use to climb up rocky cliffs.
Swimmer Bibarel: Ride on the back of this Bibarel who surfs on the water. Later will get goggles so it can protect its eyes while swimming up waterfalls.
Propeller Bibarel: Ride on the back of this Bibarel who thinks its a Floatzel and has learned to spin its tail around like a propeller to fly you around Sinnoh. Later will get a fan attachment so it can use its tail to fan away fog.
This actually partly came true, based on the website saying the app calls wild pokemon and almost all the examples showing Bibarel so far. I wonder if you'll be able to use your own pokemon for HMs if possible and see their models on screen kind of like HGSS, because I can see it going either way since the models are already there.

Overall this was a nice surprise, and I hope we get a couple more trailers before release, though I doubt they'll end up showing every gym leader. I like how surfing looks, the trailing water effect looks really nice and movement/turning looks fluid even if it's just 8 directions. They really go out to show NPC animations, so I wonder if they'll actually show up more than once. At least the tag battle NPCs should be expected to show up at the Battle Tower again but rematches could be cool.

Some small details from the Japanese website:
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/bdsp/ja/features/210818_06/
The brilliant/shining contest text is confirmed to be version exclusive, and apparently some moves do have effects in contests. It's auto translated but the gist of it is still there.
"Some contest techniques have additional effects, such as "It makes it easier to collect show points for 10 seconds"!"
There's a lot of preorder benefits for a lot of different stores in Japan. Also a shiny Zacian/Zamazenta event was announced.

http://www.pokemonaaah.net/news/2021/08/kpresents/
This is pretty late, but I wanted to shout this video/article out as it shows that the Korean version of the last direct had some minor graphics differences from an earlier version in development, or rather the other versions show graphics improvements even in that timeframe.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Time to do the DP VS Platinum content checklist again, this time with some changes (italicized) and new additions (bolded)

The Basics
  • Pokedex: Platinum
  • Player/rival designs: DP
  • Looker: Unknown
  • Charon: Unknown
  • Distortion World: Unknown
  • Battle Frontier: Unknown (Putting this back into question due to Darach ancestor in Legends. Until we see definitive in-game footage that the Tower with Palmer is all there is I'm not counting it out)
Other New Content
  • Obtainable Regis: Unknown
  • Roaming Kanto Birds: Unknown
  • Battleground/Gym Leader Rematches: Unknown
  • Elite Four Rematches: Unknown

Maps
Visuals: Primarily DP-based, although on top of original flourishes by ILCA there are elements carried over from Platinum, including
  • Tree designs
  • The side of Rowan’s lab having a brown roof
  • Oreburgh City conveyer belt coal
  • Veilstone City floor tiles
  • Gray rocks in Celestic cave
Overall though its heavily biased in favor of ogs enough for it to get a point

Map Design
  • Great Marsh: DP
  • Amity Square: DP
  • Eterna Gym: DP
  • Veilstone Gym: Unknown
  • Hearthome Gym: Unknown
  • Pokemon League Lobby: Unknown
  • Stark Mountain Exterior: Unknown

Boss Battles
Gym Leaders
  • Gym Leader Order: Unknown
  • Fantina: Unknown
  • Byron: Unknown
  • Candice: Unknown
  • Volkner: Unknown
Team Galactic
  • Saturn: Unknown
  • Cyrus: Unknown
Elite Four
  • Aaron: Unknown
  • Bertha: Unknown
  • Flint: Unknown
  • Lucian: Unknown
  • Cynthia: Unknown

Miscellaneous
Game intro (Starter selection and such): DP
Battle UI: DP
Floaroma Gracidea Girl: Yes (Platinum)
Rotom access: Unknown
Move Tutors: Unknown
Cynthia’s Gift Togepi: Unknown
Stark Mountain Story: Unknown
Wi-Fi Plaza: Unknown

Final Tally
DP: 7
Platinum: 2
Unknown: 29
Total: 38

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)