Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

You know, for the whole "buy this 2-in-1 pack to play and trade with your sibling" thing they've started pushing not long ago, and with the Switch allowing having multiple accounts (and thus multiple saves), I'm kind of surprised that, outside of HOME, you cannot trade Pokémon within a single console.
Are you really?

They ain't passing up that money lol.
I doubt it's a money thing, I think it's just a inconvenient thing to design.
They would need to basically design a "offline bank" (since Home can only connect to a single account per time), basically something akin to the old save edit software you could use on hacked DS to move pokemon between different game saves.

And that'd be against what essentially is the reason for pokemon lacking multiple saves, aka "forcing" you to trade with others".

It's not a "force to buy Home", because were you to own 2 versions, you'd be able to pass pokemon between the 2 versions without needing to pay the subscription (a bit slowly since just a single box is free, but it's there).

Ultimately the fact you can create guest accounts to have multiple saves is a unintended consequence of a feature and not something intentional, so makes sense they don't create any software that makes use of it.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can home be used to self-trade trade evos on the same console?

Legit question. Never used it.
Not really unless you want to risk trading between two accounts on the GTS via the mobile app (probably a bad idea!)

I havent heard anything about Solaceon ruins either; is Hidden Power back or not?
You know, I totally forgot about Hidden Power! Makes me wonder if Pursuit might come back too...

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Can home be used to self-trade trade evos on the same console?

Legit question. Never used it.
Not really unless you want to risk trading between two accounts on the GTS via the mobile app (probably a bad idea!)
You cant even use Home for trade evos when trading or using the GTS with the mobile app even if it is between different people.
Well multiple accounts on a switch is effectively the same as multiple save files (unless you want to play Animal Crossing)
Yeah, but using accounts is worse than multiple save files, switch online only works on your main account useless you want to pay for a familiar plan.

You cant even use Home for trade evos when trading or using the GTS with the mobile app even if it is between different people.

Yeah, but using accounts is worse than multiple save files, switch online only works on your main account useless you want to pay for a familiar plan.

I don't have the family plan for NSO, and I was able to transfer Pokemon from SWSH between my two Switch accounts. Trade evolving can't be done tho, afaik

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
You know, for the whole "buy this 2-in-1 pack to play and trade with your sibling" thing they've started pushing not long ago, and with the Switch allowing having multiple accounts (and thus multiple saves), I'm kind of surprised that, outside of HOME, you cannot trade Pokémon within a single console.
So you’re saying; if i had a family deal, my Switch can trade from one account to the other through HOME on the same switch?

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
I don't have the family plan for NSO, and I was able to transfer Pokemon from SWSH between my two Switch accounts. Trade evolving can't be done tho, afaik
So you’re saying; if i had a family deal, my Switch can trade from one account to the other through HOME on the same switch?
Home let you use any account, it doesnt need a familiar plan, as you can switch between save files with it already open on your main account.

roar of time.gif

Timestamped for current mood:

I've experienced this pain when ORAS dropped, and now I am in utter agony with BDSP. Forget the tango of mediocrity, they took the "one step forward, two steps back" mentality to extreme DDR levels.

At this point, I'm grasping at any hope I can, like Jupiter's Skuntank being able to use Snarl because it's a TM and not because of a level-up movepool update. I'm desperately hoping that Cynthia's AI at least makes the bare minimum of sense because of Cyrus' Weavile using Aerial Ace on a Staraptor of all things. I'm praying for nature mints to be *somewhere* in this game.

All I'm hoping for is to be able to at least be able to salvage this game with hacking.

Sinnoh Gang did not deserve this. My Hoenn brothers didn't deserve this either. :psycry:

Unova stans probably deserve this though. :psysly:

For those like me who don't want to get this game because of the exp share and other difficulty concerns ,it took about 12-14 days for the first sword and shield rom hack to come out IIRC. So if a part of you still wants to play the game you will be able to buy it and play a more satisfying version relatively quickly.

View attachment 383917

Timestamped for current mood:

I've experienced this pain when ORAS dropped, and now I am in utter agony with BDSP. Forget the tango of mediocrity, they took the "one step forward, two steps back" mentality to extreme DDR levels.

At this point, I'm grasping at any hope I can, like Jupiter's Skuntank being able to use Snarl because it's a TM and not because of a level-up movepool update. I'm desperately hoping that Cynthia's AI at least makes the bare minimum of sense because of Cyrus' Weavile using Aerial Ace on a Staraptor of all things. I'm praying for nature mints to be *somewhere* in this game.

All I'm hoping for is to be able to at least be able to salvage this game with hacking.

Sinnoh Gang did not deserve this. My Hoenn brothers didn't deserve this either. :psycry:

Unova stans probably deserve this though. :psysly:
Okay, for dragging Unova into this, I hope it’s worse than you know smh.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I see what y'all been saying about Sinnoh from day 1.

All I need to say now is: "You're next." :psysly:
Bah, i dont need no unova remake anyways. I’ve got all the Unova content I could ever need. The best part? The original games aren’t sluggishly insufferable like DPP! So they can screw up the remake all they want. I won’t be bothered. It’s like Yung Dramps said, they’d be superflous as hell.

I find it strange that none of the leakers have shown the Underground or Amity Square yet
This is a bit concerning actually. I don't believe it's been confirmed if the expanded dex can be accessed via the Grand Underground until post game, unless I missed it somehow. Otherwise, we're looking at a straight copy of the DP regional dex, removing shit like Glaceon, Gliscor etc. as potential options. I'm watching out for this one.

Would love if there was an easier way to obtain and use trade evo's too like Electivire and Magmortar. That would be a game changer.

A BDSP styled BW1 (or 2) wouldn't be as aggravating, personally.

DP is annoying because it just had all these issues big & small that Platinum more or less fixed and that a remake should have taken more from.
But BW1 is like...fine on that front. Yeah there's some nagging qualities to it like there is any game, I wouldn't say no to tweaks to the rosters or whatever, but as it is, it was a solid game(s). Felt very complete. Issues to it were more things that will just never be changed (those evolution levels) in any capacity.
I also think that while this specific chibi style wouldn't be a good fit (I suspect they'd at least make them a little taller and skinnier to imitate the proportions of the spirtes though), the environmental and lighting stuff BDSP has would fit Unova like a glove and I'd be down for seeing that. Maybe turn the entralink into another wild area like thing as a replacement for the dream world.

EXP Share would be annoying because frankly the unova games had the best level curve with its exp system as is, but alas, that's just never going to be an option anymore so OH WELL.

This is a bit concerning actually. I don't believe it's been confirmed if the expanded dex can be accessed via the Grand Underground until post game, unless I missed it somehow. Otherwise, we're looking at a straight copy of the DP regional dex, removing shit like Glaceon, Gliscor etc. as potential options. I'm watching out for this one.

Would love if there was an easier way to obtain and use trade evo's too like Electivire and Magmortar. That would be a game changer.
There's nothing to be concerned about, they're just rushing to the end.
We've already seen examples of random non DP-dex pokemon in the preview footage that's set around gardenia's gym.

I'm gonna hold out hope that the level curve isn't as downright stupid as the leaks are implying. Like, the leaker, after all, is trying to just speed through, right? Stands to reason they'd use every trick at their disposal, then, yeah? The starters were traded, bunch of stuff has the affection bonuses, that's some massive Exp. gains. I mean, is it not possible that Exp. gaining itself might have been adjusted to account for the Exp. All mechanic, as opposed to the levels being adjusted? I genuinely don't know, and for all I know we could already have video evidence to disprove this, but I'd like to think that they could have adjusted things so that under normal circumstances (no traded mons, no affection bonuses, no excessive grinding), you merely end up roughly on par with the enemies as opposed to outpacing them effortlessly.

I'm not even sweating the D/P teams. It's clear they're making admirable efforts to work with those, make them actually worthy opponents, and I respect that. I for one welcome the triumphant return of Volkner's Octillery and Ambipom, Candice's Medicham, Flint's Lopunny, Steelix, and Drifblim, and I'm presuming Bertha's Sudowoodo.

I want 5th gen remakes to replay BW2 knowing that my 35 Euros game I bought in 2012 for the Nintendo DS has between x3 and x5 times more content that whatever Game Freak (or better, whoever they lend the work to) is selling for 60 Euros in Switch Pro 12 years after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)