Pokemon For The Holidays 2007 (Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Season's Greetings Everyone! Okay, I know that you Americans haven't even had Thanksgiving yet, but let's look past that to December and the magical month of Christmas. I wanted to do something over the holidays when everyone is home or typically has more free time rather than busy with midterms or whatever. And then I decided to make a few tournaments right over Finals Week. But don't worry, folks. While this is a sanctioned Smogon event, these are merely tournaments to play with something we haven't really tried yet in full scale competition. I'm talking of course, about UU/BL and Ubers.

For those of you eagerly awaiting Smogon Tournament #4 (which I'm currently planning as an FYI), think early 2008 instead, and lets just have fun over the winter breaks to come.

Tournament 1: Stantler and Delibird are Coming to Town! {SDCT!} UU/BL

Tiers

Tournament Format:
  • 32 Participants
  • Single Elimination
  • Battles will be conducted via ShoddyBattle
  • Randomized Pairings each round
Rules:
  • Using Smogon's current tier listing (http://www.smogon.com:81/dp/articles/tiers), teams are only allowed to have 1 BL entry. The rest must be from the UU and NU tiers.
  • Species clause, Sleep clause, and Self-KO clause are all in effect.
  • One hit KO moves (Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure, and Sheer Cold) are banned.
Participants (32/32):

[Warthog, Sandslash, Ace777, Aeolus, spies, Fishin (Fishin4pigeon), JabbaTheGriffin (Carpool Lane), Pride (IrrelevantElephant), Justice (Justiceq), pathophobe, Mekkah, Jackal, Bologo, theamericandream38, The Dealer, TheMantyke (TheShodyMantyke), Hawk (TheBlackFeather), Batpig, Thunderhorse, Slickee, DekarTKB (Devin Townsend), Team Rocket Elite (TRElite), Mr.E, quinnydinny, sportfreak, Lesm46, goofball, The shadow knight, Dak, TTS, Ae Sakura (Amelia), Cringe

***These folks are on the waitlist for UU/BL. If I can get 16 on the waitlist I'll start a smaller tournament for you all given that this isn't for a prize or anything***

StrangerDanger (SwordsDance), Mizuno, Johe, timw06, abolisk31, TaiwaneseDude

Tournament 2: The Nightmare Before Christmas... {NBC} Ubers

Tournament Format:
  • 32 Participants
  • Single Elimination
  • Battles will be conducted via ShoddyBattle
  • Randomized Pairings each round
Rules:
  • Players may use any Pokemon with the exception of Arceus and Shaymin. This is because both Arceus and Shaymin are not, as of yet, legally obtainable anywhere in the world. (Unless I'm really out of the loop).
  • Species clause, Sleep clause, and Self-KO clause are all in effect. (Note: You may only use any one form of Deoxys. Using both a Deoxys-F and a Deoxys-L on the same team will not be tolerated.)
  • One hit KO moves (Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure, and Sheer Cold) are banned.
Participants (32/32):

skarm, zerowing, Aeroblacktyl (MoP), Lupo Aro (Lupo), Taylorz (Taylor), Silver610, sandman, WER, Mystica, Gouki, freaktron, SePh (Seph.), Train Man, Maniaclyrasist, Blue Kirby, husk (Epsilon), Mr. Unsmiley (bright_noise), Surgo, pat22331, Tsurukawa, Judgement, CaptKirby, TheBM (evan :D!!), goborage, Tyranipole, Kidlat, Andeby, Jebroni (Jeb), Giga Punch, Obi (Graviton), Jibaku, hybrid (hybrid.au)

Because I am unsure of the turnout or interest in these tournaments, you are, currently, only allowed to sign up for one tournament. If participation seems lacking, I will allow you to sign up for both tournaments.

Round 1 for both tournaments will be up on the 26th of November, which gives you just over a week to come up with your teams.

All players must provide: ShoddyBattle name and, if possible, an AIM screenname. If a participant does not use AIM, they must be prepared to check their Smogon Forums Private Messages.

Good luck!

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Signing up for ubers

EDIT: Shoddy SN: zerowing, AIM is in my profile

yeah sign me up for UU. I sent a G80 a pm about UU tournaments and I guess this was the answer.

Shoddy Battle SN : Warthog

Well, since Arceus is on my uber team I might as well sign up for uu. I'm Ace777 on Shoddy. However, I use Zildjian too, but rarely. Also, for anyone that cares my AIM can be found on my info.

AIM: Devilpikachu666

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In for UU/BL; sign me up for both if/when that becomes an option.

EDIT: Withdraw me from the list, something will come up in December that will preclude me having net access.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
UU/BL, i will have time over the break to play :)

shoddy name: Jackal

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll sign up for UU/BL I suppose though I'm not good at actual UU play. My Shoddybattle SN is Bologo.

One question, are the tier lists as of now the ones that we use, or do we need to wait a little bit until they're revised with all the changes?

P.S. No AIM for me, so smogon PMs only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)