Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

... why does calm mind have an agile/strong style change but not extrasensory?
1632928775090.png
1632928857439.png

Aqua Jet is seen to be styleable in the latest trailer when it wasn't before, so it could be that it has to be unlocked per move/slot/pokemon in some way.

1632928977504.png

Potion has been buffed to 60 HP to keep up with the higher HP trend. Drifblim has got people noticing that all stats seem to be higher all around so I figured I would show every stat we've seen so far, which is mostly just HP again but the latest news brings up a few more level variations.
1632926648701.png
1632928018424.png

112 HP Level 15 Rowlet (base 68)
103 HP Level 12 Rowlet

1632927968196.png

1632928001800.png

1632928143387.png

62 HP Level 13 Cyndaquil (base 39)
56 HP level 10 Cyndaquil
61 HP level 10 Cyndaquil

1632928026360.png
1632928035957.png

1632929487119.png

97 HP Level 16 Oshawott (base 55)
87 HP Level 12 Oshawott
106 HP Level 16 Oshawott

1632928087267.png
1632928092451.png

1632929583516.png

194 HP Level 59 Lucario (base 70)
203 HP Level 60 Lucario
196 HP Level 60 Lucario
1632929553223.png

87 HP Level 28 Vulpix (38 base)
1632928224152.png

223 HP Level 45 Rhydon (105 base)
1632928214421.png

231 HP Level 60 Crobat (85 base)

1632928636573.png

110 HP Level 16 Lopunny (65 base)

1632929230701.png

269 HP Level 57 Mamoswine (110 base)

1632929029066.png

252/100/69/111/72/107 Level 32 Drifblim (150/80/44/90/54/80)
Not sure what the numbers beside mean, but the symbol kind of looks like a fist and by a wild guess I'd say it's counting up to 10.

Something that just stuck out to me with Kleavor's design is that it's hard to tell that it's bug-type by looking at it, since it loses the wings and its arms no longer resemble mantis forelimbs like scyther (or scizor's pincers which, while not associated with insects, are clearly arthropod structures). If I was shown it without context from the evolution line, I would have guessed rock/fighting.

Something that just stuck out to me with Kleavor's design is that it's hard to tell that it's bug-type by looking at it, since it loses the wings and its arms no longer resemble mantis forelimbs like scyther (or scizor's pincers which, while not associated with insects, are clearly arthropod structures). If I was shown it without context from the evolution line, I would have guessed rock/fighting.
I'd have guessed bug because it has a thorax

Potion has been buffed to 60 HP to keep up with the higher HP trend. Drifblim has got people noticing that all stats seem to be higher all around so I figured I would show every stat we've seen so far, which is mostly just HP again but the latest news brings up a few more level variations.
View attachment 375040View attachment 375045
112 HP Level 15 Rowlet (base 68)
103 HP Level 12 Rowlet

View attachment 375043
View attachment 375044
View attachment 375050
62 HP Level 13 Cyndaquil (base 39)
56 HP level 10 Cyndaquil
61 HP level 10 Cyndaquil

View attachment 375046View attachment 375047

View attachment 375061
97 HP Level 16 Oshawott (base 55)
87 HP Level 12 Oshawott
106 HP Level 16 Oshawott

View attachment 375048View attachment 375049
View attachment 375063
194 HP Level 59 Lucario (base 70)
203 HP Level 60 Lucario
196 HP Level 60 Lucario
View attachment 375062
87 HP Level 28 Vulpix (38 base)
View attachment 375052
223 HP Level 45 Rhydon (105 base)
View attachment 375051
231 HP Level 60 Crobat (85 base)

View attachment 375053
110 HP Level 16 Lopunny (65 base)

View attachment 375060
269 HP Level 57 Mamoswine (110 base)

View attachment 375059
252/100/69/111/72/107 Level 32 Drifblim (150/80/44/90/54/80)
Not sure what the numbers beside mean, but the symbol kind of looks like a fist and by a wild guess I'd say it's counting up to 10.
Is there any way we can figure out what the change to HP is or at least some sort of ballpark? If we have enough HP stats from enough varying Pokémon, we should be able to give at least some range for how it's changed. I know the whole extra number and "stat xp" bar or whatever it is throw a wrench into it, but a rough guess is better than nothing.

Just for fun, I made a mockup for what a level-up learnset for Kleavor might look like.
Kleavor Mockup Level-up Learnset.png
It is pretty straightforward, switching out Wing Attack, Agility and Air Slash for Rock-type moves, in the same way Scizor learns Metal Claw, Iron Defense and Iron Head instead at those levels. The levels and order are the same as Scyther/Scizor's SwSh learnsets, but I reckon they will be roughly the same in PL:A.

I can see Kleavor getting Accelerock as a parallell to Scizor's Bullet Punch, if GF are willing to let Lycanroc share it with others. Smack Down seems to fit Kleavor the best as an early level Rock-type move, at least over Rock Throw and Rock Tomb in the 50-60 base power bracket. As such, I guess the new move Stone Axe is the parallell to Scyther's Air Slash and Scizor's Iron Head. If so, then it might end up having a similar base power as those moves.

Alternatively, Stone Axe might be Kleavor's evolution move, and would not really be tied to Air Slash's and Iron Head's base power. Rock Slide might fill that role instead, considering it is a flinching move like Air Slash / Iron Head.

Just for fun, I made a mockup for what a level-up learnset for Kleavor might look like.
It is pretty straightforward, switching out Wing Attack, Agility and Air Slash for Rock-type moves, in the same way Scizor learns Metal Claw, Iron Defense and Iron Head instead at those levels. The levels and order are the same as Scyther/Scizor's SwSh learnsets, but I reckon they will be roughly the same in PL:A.

I can see Kleavor getting Accelerock as a parallell to Scizor's Bullet Punch, if GF are willing to let Lycanroc share it with others. Smack Down seems to fit Kleavor the best as an early level Rock-type move, at least over Rock Throw and Rock Tomb in the 50-60 base power bracket. As such, I guess the new move Stone Axe is the parallell to Scyther's Air Slash and Scizor's Iron Head. If so, then it might end up having a similar base power as those moves.

Alternatively, Stone Axe might be Kleavor's evolution move, and would not really be tied to Air Slash's and Iron Head's base power. Rock Slide might fill that role instead, considering it is a flinching move like Air Slash / Iron Head.
Technician Smack Down could be good. Even better if it gets access to Earthquake via tm or something for extra coverage. I think it's possible, a lot of Rock types get access to Earthquake or other Ground moves

I think it should definitely get Accelrock. I don't like "normal" moves being exclusive. Stuff like Volt Tackle, Dragon Ascent, Accelrock, those are just Brave Bird, Close Combat, and Bullet Punch respectively with a different type. Moves like V-Create make sense to be exclusive, but personally I don't like those being exclusive. Especially accelrock. I can understand why the other two are exclusive (Pikachu and Rayquaza are a big deal so signature moves make sense) but Accelrock doesn't make sense to me being an exclusive move to Lycanroc. That isn't to say I dislike Lycanroc, I love it, but I think an exclusive Z-move was good enough, let Rock types have a priority stab move. Or atleast give it to Kleavor, I want him to be good :(

I think the dream is for Stone Axe to be a rock type clone of Double Iron Bash. It has two axe hands, I could see it being a two-hit move. Axes are scary so flinching seems reasonable.

Of course the idea of giving it to a Pokémon that is probably fast and has Technician with around ~130 base attack... no way Gamefreak would ever do something as ridiculous as that.

200e630f76fa2aebef0280da46807e90f3e0308dc23e41ffe85226ea3a3f61a8_1.jpg

I think the dream is for Stone Axe to be a rock type clone of Double Iron Bash. It has two axe hands, I could see it being a two-hit move. Axes are scary so flinching seems reasonable.

Of course the idea of giving it to a Pokémon that is probably fast and has Technician with probably ~130 base attack... no way Gamefreak would ever do something as ridiculous as that.

View attachment 375124
160 BP move with with a 60% chance to flinch...yeah sounds like something Gamefreak would do

Of course the idea of giving it to a Pokémon that is probably fast and has Technician with probably ~130 base attack... no way Gamefreak would ever do something as ridiculous as that.

View attachment 375124
Well, the thing about Dracovish is that it is remarkably unremarkable outside of Fishious Rend. I remember back when Sw/Sh just came out, people called it garbage since its stats (specifically Speed and Attack) were rather poor. If Dracovish didn't have Fishious Rend, its almost certain it would almost certainly be NU or lower. The issue is that Fishious Rend itself is an incredibly broken move. If something like Sharpedo got it, chances are it would be Uber too.

As for Kleavor, it would actually be pretty cool if Stone Axe was a Double Iron Bash Clone, especially if it keeps technician (I'm one of those weirdo's who wants Scizor to get Double Iron Bash for a similar reason). That being said, I doubt the move will be multi-hit. Since Scyther has a "Slash" theme going on, I think it'll be something like a Rock-type Slash clone, maybe with its base power decreased to 60 to better synergize with Technician, if that is its ability.

Something I'm curious about is what Kleavor's stat spread will be. Scyther and Scizor have the unique distinction of being the only evolutionary duo to share the same BST and that's likely to carry over to Kleavor. I could see it copying Scizor's stat spread, with higher attack and def in exchange for lower speed. However, Bug/Rock is a drastically worse type than Bug/Steel, so this stat-spread wouldn't work as much for Kleavor as it would for Scizor. I'm crossing my fingers that Kleavor has a less extreme version of Scizor's stat allocation (something like 70 / 130 / 80 / 55 / 80 / 85) where it still loses speed, but not as much as Scizor, or it just has a higher BST to compensate for its worse typing. They have done this before with some Pokemon like Beautifly and Poliwrath (where they have higher BSTs than their cross evo counterpart) so I could see the devs make an exception in this case.

Most is this is just pointless speculation, but I am pretty excited for Kleavor, since the Scyther line is one of my favorites.

Personally I think Kleavor will be decently speedy. Usually weight means nothing in terms of stat spreads, but Kleavor does land in between Scyther and Scizor in the weight scale. It also doesn't look like it'd be weighed down, like with Scizor being covered in steel, but not necessarily super sleek like with Scyther and it's wings. Realistically I see a 80-90 base speed. That combined with TechRock (I want it so bad) would be pretty good

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's psychological. Most heavy mammals could break through fences if they wanted to, but they don't even try.
But that's because they see a physical barrier they would have to push themselves against to knock out of their way (and there are plenty of cases where cows/bulls and horses have done just that).

But we're talking about a blimp and a bird here, land-based barriers mean NOTHING to them aside maybe a perch to settle on. Onix too is exempt as it can either arc over the fence, clearing it easily, or dig under it. Finally the problem with Rapidash isn't that it would try breaking it down, but it just takes one second of it losing control of its flames to set that entire Pasture ablaze.

You guys missing the obvious "lady" Pokemon with a connection to Mars
Except all the Noble Pokemon we've seen so far have been essentially Regional Variants. Purugly is from Sinnoh so it's likely not getting anything changes if it is in the game.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So this might be a stretch, but notice the starter levels here-

1632969468344.png

1632969532197.png

They're exactly one level away from evolving. I'd be less skeptical if it was only for one of them, but the both of them being at said point is definitely intentional. Combined with the fact we know new forms or evolutions for other pokémon are a thing, and we have not seen any of Samurott, Decidueye, Typhlosion, Dewott, Dartrix or Quilava in any game shots nor promotional material really stats seeming more suspicious each second. I can't get much into that because it gets into speculative territory, but thought it would be interesting to point out.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Technician Smack Down could be good. Even better if it gets access to Earthquake via tm or something for extra coverage. I think it's possible, a lot of Rock types get access to Earthquake or other Ground moves
That's still only 75 Power after Technician unless it got a boost from 50 between generations. *Checks Serebii Attackdex* Still 50 Power. I think you might be be better off with Rock Tomb's 90 or... *Notices a move I forgot was a TM* This thing could be a monster with Rock Blast. 0_o

That's still only 75 Power after Technician unless it got a boost from 50 between generations. *Checks Serebii Attackdex* Still 50 Power. I think you might be be better off with Rock Tomb's 90 or... *Notices a move I forgot was a TM* This thing could be a monster with Rock Blast. 0_o
Ohh I forgot about Rock Blast, that's way better. I just meant Smack Down as a way to help deal with Metal Birbs while still doing a bit of damage, but Technician Rock Blast sounds scary. 75BP at minimum, 188BP maximum. Scary as hell.

Skill Link could also be cool with Pin Missile and Rock Blast. Less power than TechBlast at maximum but much more consistent. If Kleavor has decent speed then I think Skill Link would be better than Technician honestly, provided it gets both of those moves

So this might be a stretch, but notice the starter levels here-

View attachment 375136
View attachment 375140

They're exactly one level away from evolving. I'd be less skeptical if it was only for one of them, but the both of them being at said point is definitely intentional. Combined with the fact we know new forms or evolutions for other pokémon are a thing, and we have not seen any of Samurott, Decidueye, Typhlosion, Dewott, Dartrix or Quilava in any game shots nor promotional material really stats seeming more suspicious each second. I can't get much into that because it gets into speculative territory, but thought it would be interesting to point out.
That's a really good point! Out of curiosity I looked at the pre-release screenshots for SWSH to see if there was anything similar, and I found some pics of the battle against Milo where the starter was shown at Level 15. All three of the SWSH starters evolve for the first time at Level 16, again a one level difference.

This convinced me that they're doing this on purpose. I fully believe that Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott will evolve into something different now, whether it be a regional variant of their normal evolutions or a completely new Pokemon altogether.

That's a really good point! Out of curiosity I looked at the pre-release screenshots for SWSH to see if there was anything similar, and I found some pics of the battle against Milo where the starter was shown at Level 15. All three of the SWSH starters evolve for the first time at Level 16, again a one level difference.

This convinced me that they're doing this on purpose. I fully believe that Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott will evolve into something different now, whether it be a regional variant of their normal evolutions or a completely new Pokemon altogether.
The fact they showed Empoleon in the Arceus trailer but not any of the fully evolved Arceus starters tells me they've got something up their sleeve. If it's just the same Pokemon we already know, why bother to hide it or not show us?

The fact they showed Empoleon in the Arceus trailer but not any of the fully evolved Arceus starters tells me they've got something up their sleeve. If it's just the same Pokemon we already know, why bother to hide it or not show us?
The only other reason I can think of for them hiding the evolved PLA starters is because any screenshots involving them may also include plot spoilers. But it isn't that hard for them to take a screenshot that doesn't involve plot spoilers. Heck in SWSH prerelease we saw a Level 60 Corviknight (something that should only be possible before the Leon fight at the earliest) and those pics didn't contain spoilers lol.

Yeah, we're definitely getting something new for Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott.

Plus the whole gimmick about regional forms is that they're the "original Pokemon" adapting to a new environment. I don't know about Johto or Unova but I know Alola is hot as balls and Hisui/Sinnoh look pretty cold, so it would make sense for Rowlet to adapt to a new climate and environment as it evolves, which extends to the other two. Keep in mind that Decidueye is also part Ghost because it's based off an extinct animal, so it'd be pretty cool if had a new typing since it's set in the past.

Not to mention the other two. Samurott's new form could be a bipedal Samurai compared to Quadruped. Maybe because, due to the more hostile environment (Kleavor's existence), it would need much better battle capabilities compared to swimming capabilities. And Typhlosion's form you could say turns into a "boiler" or some sort due to how cold it is, in an attempt to keep itself as warm/hot as possible

The only other reason I can think of for them hiding the evolved PLA starters is because any screenshots involving them may also include plot spoilers. But it isn't that hard for them to take a screenshot that doesn't involve plot spoilers. Heck in SWSH prerelease we saw a Level 60 Corviknight (something that should only be possible before the Leon fight at the earliest) and those pics didn't contain spoilers lol.

Yeah, we're definitely getting something new for Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott.
True, but I think they could've easily done something with the photos. Have the fully evolved, or atleast the middle stagers, pose for pictures. Or maybe a simple shot of Typhlosion following it's trainer in a spot that couldn't be too spoiler heavy, like Jubilife village

That's what I was trying to say lol. It's midnight here sorry if I sound it bit incoherent.
Nah I think it was just me reiterating something that someone said in different words, I tend to do that a lot

Anyway, with how much Gamefreak is pushing these new evolutions and regional forms for Hisui, I think it'd be weird for them to not get some sort of new form. It'd be like if the Gen 6 starters didn't get Mega Evolutions! Wait a minute...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)