Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

This game visually looks awful. Graphically it looks a decade old, and the terrain looks painfully empty and missing any detail. Even Pokémon seem limited to 2-3 per screen. The town looks bland as well. Like someone copy pasted 20 of the same basic house and went "good enough!" Look at it, it's eerie.

Lack of voice acting is hilariously bad here. It doesn't even have to be good. Hell it doesn't even have to be English. Even Sims style gargled sound is an improvement over the awkward nothing we get. Just pay an intern 20 bucks to record a few lines. Voice acting has been an industry standard since 2001. Why is Pokémon so far behind?

Gameplay looks pretty basic. Wander around empty fields farming rocks or beans or whatever. Craft pester berries to counter bosses. Fight bosses by dodging attacks and throwing berries when they're vulnerable. Aka exactly the same gameplay as in A Bugs Life for the N64. What else am I missing... fetch quests? Wow. Will these quests make gameplay deep and fun or will it just be a boring grind?

I like Pokémon so this game appeals to me. But that's literally the only thing this game appears to offer that Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, or lol even Morrowind doesn't. It's definitely good that they're trying new things and in all honesty this looks like it will be the best Pokémon game of the Switch (lol what a low bar to clear) but I'm just tired of Pokémon getting a free pass for mediocrity just because they have a monopoly on the slave monster media. Imagine if BOTW 2 or Halo Infinite reveal trailers looked like this. People would think it was an April fools joke.

Edit: are you fucking kidding me
View attachment 398434
Literally the same house but with some color swaps. Also where are the people??
Throwing my Porygon into the ring, I don't think anybody even massive fans would say that the game is a looker but it being a prequel and according to Khu the most different Pokemon game we've ever seen piques people's interest enough excuse the visual fidelity.
Everything about the game oozes mystery and that's a feeling that most people haven't felt with Pokemon in quite a long time.
Like who's the final boss or villain?
Is time traveling somehow involved in the game?
What events influenced the modern day plot points in DPP?
What moves are going to be changed around to fit this new forms?
That's what has me pretty stoked about the game along with the seemingly updated Pokemon models and possibility of the starters getting new forms.
This feeling sort of reminds me of the golden years before the internet when a Pokemon game could afford to be mysterious and insight Wonder of some kind

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Look everyone Pokemon Cafe Mix released a silhouette of Hisuian Electrode:

It grows feet and a tail!

Yes, I know it's a Rowlet. This image is from Serebii (actually it's a Shiny Rowlet... not sure if that make a different in Cafe Mix, but there ya go).

EDIT: Gee, thanks Serebii for ruining my joke by changing the picture to show the Shiny Rowlet. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Have we gotten any hints about how the multiplayer in this game is gonna function?
hopefully it won't be a tacked on co op like in Let's Go

His ace being immune to both of Garchomp's STABs is kind of a hilarious paralell to his descendant lmao
If I had a nickel for every time a person in this thread jumped the gun and said "Togekiss lmao" with zero wings in sight, I would have two nickels.
That's not a lot, but it's funny that it happened twice.
Let Togepi be its own Pokémon.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Looks pretty authentic to me, and ten days before release date lines up.

Well it's been fun watching things develop but I'd like to be surprised by the new things in this game if there's as much unrevealed content as there were in the SwSh leaks.

eh he's not exactly wrong though.

If someone really got his hands on a cart, you can expect literally every non-directly-nintendo-linked youtube / facebook / twitter to be sharing leaks for the next 10 days.
And simply muting / unfollowing won't do, because you'll still likely get spoilery stuff in your suggested feeds.

When it comes to franchises this big, if you dont want spoilers, you really have to shut yourself off the internet.

(Personally, I don't care much. I'll not actively look for spoilers bar reading this thread, but I dont exactly expect the plotline of the century either so...)

eh he's not exactly wrong though.

If someone really got his hands on a cart, you can expect literally every non-directly-nintendo-linked youtube / facebook / twitter to be sharing leaks for the next 10 days.
And simply muting / unfollowing won't do, because you'll still likely get spoilery stuff in your suggested feeds.

When it comes to franchises this big, if you dont want spoilers, you really have to shut yourself off the internet.

(Personally, I don't care much. I'll not actively look for spoilers bar reading this thread, but I dont exactly expect the plotline of the century either so...)
Like I said, I get it.

Just, the general tone always makes me laugh

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
View attachment 399514

This could be fake, but nonetheless I advise extreme caution
That's a pretty inside of the... That's the Box! 0_o

I get being careful of spoilers but it is very funny how every time this happens the tone of voice being used is equivalent of an actual war zone, we are defcon 5, there is a nuke on the way, we're under f*cking attack milord join now
That isn't far off from how I feel every time, except feeling excitement instead of fear of spoilers makes me more like a maniac standing in the middle of the blast zone calling for blood than someone running for cover. Give me the new Pokemon and their stats! I'm even excited to see how much the early game movesets have changed!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This could be fake, but nonetheless I advise extreme caution

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
LEAKS
INCOMING!
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED LEAVE THE INTERNET UNTIL YOU COMPLETE THE COPY OF YOUR GAME!

I get being careful of spoilers but it is very funny how every time this happens the tone of voice being used is equivalent of an actual war zone, we are defcon 5, there is a nuke on the way, we're under f*cking attack milord join now
I totally wasn't originally going to use an air raid horn... *shifty eyes*

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
LEAKS
INCOMING!
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED LEAVE THE INTERNET UNTIL YOU COMPLETE THE COPY OF YOUR GAME!
Yeah... so that may have been a false alarm. The guy with the cartridge effectively doxxed himself by announcing it via Facebook and supposedly received some unpleasant badgering from... someone. It's unclear how much of it was rabid fans and whether Nintendo and friends had any involvement.

This guy was found out instantly. He never stood a chance. As of now, he has already gone dark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)