Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Anyways we're getting off-course here so uhhhhh

The fact the main professor is a totally new guy is encouraging to me. I really hope they don't lean too hard on ancestor characters, I like the ones we got and have already mentally prepped myself for the inevitable Cynthia ancestor but I'd also like some more wholly original characters mixed in. That's part of what made BW2 fun, after all

What do people think about the conspicuous absence of abilities from the promotional material on the official website? Combined with the changes to the battle system and details like the HP and movesets seen in the trailer being different, I can’t help but wonder if they’re being either removed or retooled in a yet to be revealed way.

Did the swsh revealed pokemon have their abilities shown? I don't remember. I think if they didn't, then gamefreak just likes abilities to be a secret. If not... Maybe? I don't see their removal but I could see them being reworked

Did the swsh revealed pokemon have their abilities shown? I don't remember. I think if they didn't, then gamefreak just likes abilities to be a secret. If not... Maybe? I don't see their removal but I could see them being reworked
Every previous promotional website in previous generations has had abilities included. That said, it’s also important to keep in mind that we’re comparatively early in the prerelease news cycle and there’s probably plenty still to be revealed about the game. Remember, Mega Evolution wasn’t showcased officially until August 2013, just over 2 months before their October release date.

Yeah I super do not think they're going to acknowledge any of the no-doubt-many crimes done to the Ainu people
Ah yes, the Disney approach

whether that'd fly in 2022 or it's inviting a catastrophe in Gamefreak has already made a game about the exploration and colonization of Hokkaido, and no, calling it "Shokkaido" doesn't really change that

what's left to see is how is that handled and how the media, in Japan and internationally, react to it

ohman a game that'll be "very important for the future of the franchise" indeed!

Ah yes, the Disney approach

whether that'd fly in 2022 or it's inviting a catastrophe in Gamefreak has already made a game about the exploration and colonization of Hokkaido, and no, calling it "Shokkaido" doesn't really change that

what's left to see is how is that handled and how the media, in Japan and internationally, react to it

ohman a game that'll be "very important for the future of the franchise" indeed!
Unless they are (1) very explicit and (2) very bad about it I don't think most people will even notice, and the ones that do probably won't reach enough eyes & ears to have it like....do anything about it.

Unless they are (1) very explicit and (2) very bad about it I don't think most people will even notice, and the ones that do probably won't reach enough eyes & ears to have it like....do anything about it.
Well, people in Japan will certainly notice, will the international audience notice though? that's harder to say
like, BLM or not you can still make television programs making fun of the Roma in USA with few people batting an eye

will people in Japan notice if Gamefreak doesn't treat the subject matter with enough respect? definitely
will that affect Gamefreak's and Pokemon's reputation? eh maybe, Japan has historically preferred "harmony" over minority rights, but even that's not as prominent as in once was

On the subject of things that might not make much sense to be in, I gotta wonder if TMs can even exist here. Their existence/lore in general is brushed aside, but it'd be kinda weird having all these discs everywhere in The Past... maybe there's a thematically-appropriate item group that functions exactly the same? Or maybe TMs will just be there? Magneton is in the game, so maybe?? Or not??? I can't imagine there just flat out not being an equivalent at all, but this is a very different kind of game, so who knows I guess

On the subject of things that might not make much sense to be in, I gotta wonder if TMs can even exist here. Their existence/lore in general is brushed aside, but it'd be kinda weird having all these discs everywhere in The Past... maybe there's a thematically-appropriate item group that functions exactly the same? Or maybe TMs will just be there? Magneton is in the game, so maybe?? Or not??? I can't imagine there just flat out not being an equivalent at all, but this is a very different kind of game, so who knows I guess
Tutors would make sense, although less convenient than something in the inventory

Well, people in Japan will certainly notice, will the international audience notice though? that's harder to say
like, BLM or not you can still make television programs making fun of the Roma in USA with few people batting an eye

will people in Japan notice if Gamefreak doesn't treat the subject matter with enough respect? definitely
will that affect Gamefreak's and Pokemon's reputation? eh maybe, Japan has historically preferred "harmony" over minority rights, but even that's not as prominent as in once was
Sadly I don't think the international audience will, regardless of how much of a stink they make of this. Or at least, not the broader audience (see also: man i guarantee most people who bought SWSH dont even know there was a controversy over dexit). I doubt many (international) people even know who the Ainu are, much less that they might even be relevant to this game, muc much less if they're treated poorly.

My solution for the Unova/Alola Legends problem is to set them in the twin kings area of Unova and Ultra Metrapolis respectively like other users have suggested or set them closer to the present, as in under 100 years ago for Unova and 5-10 years after the real life Hawaii became a state for Alola, and be about what happened with the Legendary Pokemon back then. We're going through the Sixth Mass Extinction right now so if the Pokemon world is the same way there could be Pokemon that reasonably went extinct by the time of the game.

View attachment 366370

If you look on the cover of the game, you can see a building on top of Mt. Coronet. I wonder if Spear Pillar is still whole in this game. What do you think?
I've seen people point that out ever since the box art was revealed. I definitely think we'll see more about Spear Pillar and it will probably still be whole. Arceus is this game's mascot after all.

Hisuian Dylan

formerly CyberDCrest
Since my original thread got locked. Imma post it here..

Hey Smogon Community! It is Trainer Saturn.

MV5BNzNmMzJmYmItODE4ZS00NzkyLWIxZmUtNDZjMDlhMDIyZTllXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA1ODU0Mzc@._V1_.jpg

Sinnoh has been a long-time favorite of mine due to the terrain, many dynamic characters, and legends it has to offer. I am so excited to be going back. Much like one of those dynamic characters, Cynthia, I pride myself in learning all things Sinnoh and about the many myths behind it. I had to do some investigating and I need the help of the Smogon Community to help uncover some mysteries.

The Hisui region is the Sinnoh from long ago. One of the first settlements was Jubilife Village where people from other regions came to settle & explore the newly found landmass. Judging on the map, these settlers came from the river which would later be known as Canalave City. That had to be a good place to start looking to discover some of these mysteries. I went to Canalave City and went to Canalave Library to do some light reading to shine some light on ancient Sinnoh.

From the book titled "Sinnoh Region's Mythology": "Long ago, when Sinnoh had just been made, Pokemon and humans led separate lives. This is not to say they did not help each other. No, indeed they did. They supplied each other with goods and supported each other. A Pokemon proposed to the others to always be ready to help humans. It asked that Pokemon be ready to appear before humans always. Thus, to this day, Pokemon appear to us if we venture into the tall grass."

We all know that, in ancient times, Pokemon were not always friendly towards humans. Sometimes they were frightened of us and other times they wanted to attack us. Was it because we were taking their land? Was it because they were naturally dangerous? Maybe it was a more powerful force driving some Pokemon to go crazy. Nevertheless, they did lead separate lives and many Pokemon (like the starters) were there to help humans. We, as trainers, continue to strengthen our bonds with our Pokemon.

Who could be this mysterious Pokemon that proposed to all Pokemon to be ready to help humans? Was it Arceus? What connections does he have to this story? I would love to hear from you in the comments! What do you think? :blobthumbsup:

I don't think that the settlers in Jubilife Village were the first to come to the Hisui region. I took my Pidgeot and flew over to Eterna City and later to Celestic Town. We have a couple of old cities specifically being Eterna City and Celestic Town that are described to be very old places. So old, that the myths and folktales of Sinnoh reside in the very essence of them & their culture. I flew over to Celestic Town to visit the ruins. If you go study the statue in Eterna City or the painting in the Celestic Ruins, these ancient people lived amongst the legendary Pokemon before they left our world and before the lake guardians dove into their lakes for many years.

While I was at Celestic Town, I visited the Celestic Ruins and met Cynthia who told me a different interpretation of the ancient painting. While many believe it is the lake guardians surrounding Palkia or Dialga, Cynthia mentioned how it could be the creation trio surrounding a more powerful Pokemon; one that could have created this world of ours. She comes to this conclusion because of the plates that Arceus left behind which talk about the beings of time & space set free from "Original One". Afterward, I had to meet up with Cynthia's grandmother, Professor Caroline, who found a book in the shrine that is quite old. This book describes how to summon Dialga & Palkia at Spear Pillar with the Adamant & Lustrous Orbs and Professor Caroline concludes (and I quote):

"It seems the people of long ago met both Dialga and Palkia, the Pokemon of time and space.".

These myths are so old that these ancient people even describe Giratina being banished to the Distortion World for its destructive power. Will Jubilife Village be one of the first settlements of people? Do you think people came before & made small homes in the Hisui region? Do you think it is possible that Giratina might appear in Pokemon Legends Arceus where Arceus has to stop him from this destruction and banish him? How do you think people met these legendary Pokemon? Maybe Giratina was the one causing Pokemon to go mad. I would love to hear what you think in the comments! :blobthumbsup: What do you think?

Now it is time for some maps :D

hisui_region_map_pokemon_legends_arceus.jpg

sinnoh.jpg

Do you see any major chances?

Attachments

I was thinking something like scrolls that could teach pokemon new techniques, kinda like like how Kubfu evolves.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I have compared the new Sinnoh map with the Hisui map. Honestly, not much to say as, not only is the Hisui map stylized so likely out of proportion and lacking geographical detail (plus at an angle which its hard to see one side of Hisui), but also with Jubilife Village being the only human settlement (that we know of and is shown on the map) there's really nothing else to observe aside where future cities, towns, and landmarks would be located. But I still got some stuff out of it, including some confusing contradictions, so still worth a look:

• So, one confusing thing to note about this map is that, apparently when Hisui became Sinnoh, they did a LOT of terraforming. Like, there are rivers and ponds all over the place that are not present.

• We'll start around Jubilife Village and work our way out. Jubilife Village is in the correct place. However, if we're to take what I would assume to be Lake Verity correct, than the land where Canalave is supposed to be doesn't exist (or was much further out in the Hisui era).
  • Twinleaf Town was apparently an island. Sandgem Town and the surrounding routes were covered in rivers & ponds. That said, I'm not sure where Route 219 is if that island is Twinleaf. The tip of the landmass which has some mountains on it next to the island would have to crumble away into the sea.
  • Assuming Pal Park is at the tip of that long river leading down from Mt. Coronet, then following up the river near the base should be Oreburgh City (and there looks to be some ruins(?) there).

• Let's step back to Jubilife for a minute. If we go up that should lead us to Floaroma Town which at this time is supposed to be a barren & desolate hill. I wonder if we're going to witness Shaymin creating of the flower field, that would be neat.
  • Continue going up there's supposed to be Eterna Forest, but it's look like we're already on the snowy Route 216/217. Was Eterna Forest a snow forest back then until Shaymin uses its power to not only revitalize Floaroma but also the surrounding routes and cities?
  • Anyway, we finally go all the way up and get to Lake Acuity & Snowpoint Temple.

• Well, that's the west side of Mt. Coronet done. To start off the east side we're going to need a familiar landmark, and I see one: the last lake, Lake Valor (which for some reason has wispy clouds around it).
  • Going immediately downward we get a marshland, obviously this where Pastoria City and the Great Marsh is.
  • Right in front/next to Lake Valor there's this rather large rock (which looks to have an entrance?). I'm going to assume those are the Solaceon Ruins. What's that? There nowhere near that close to Lake Valor? True, but this map is very stylized if you haven't figured that out from the giant people & Pokemon all around it, so there's probably some distance distortion. That, or being the Legendaries of this gen are gods of timespace and creation, some landmass shifting after an epic event wouldn't be too surprising.
  • Don't think there's really anything to observe going up. That should be where Veilstone City and notably Celestic Town would be, but it's being blocked by Mt. Coronet (and there's no way we would be seeing where Hearthome will be at this angle.

• So, now we come to a big conundrum. Going right/east of Lake Valor should be Sendoff Springs. But Sendoff Springs isn't there. What's there is a giant gulf. So, um, that's going to need some explaining.
  • Aside from that I can generally see where Sunyshore City would be placed on the bottom side of the gulf. Going up that side leads us to what seems to be an archipelago which would fit Route 223 (and either those far away islands is where the Pokemon League would be placed of its off map).
  • Guessing the volcano island there is Stark Mountain.

Some big questions and I'm hoping some of them gets answered and not by GF just handwaving the discrepancies aside with "it's a video game, the map is like that because its fun". Which is of course the actual answer, but wouldn't mind a bit of lore even if its just "Palkia go burr".

Hisuian Dylan

formerly CyberDCrest
I have compared the new Sinnoh map with the Hisui map. Honestly, not much to say as, not only is the Hisui map stylized so likely out of proportion and lacking geographical detail (plus at an angle which its hard to see one side of Hisui), but also with Jubilife Village being the only human settlement (that we know of and is shown on the map) there's really nothing else to observe aside where future cities, towns, and landmarks would be located. But I still got some stuff out of it, including some confusing contradictions, so still worth a look:

• So, one confusing thing to note about this map is that, apparently when Hisui became Sinnoh, they did a LOT of terraforming. Like, there are rivers and ponds all over the place that are not present.

• We'll start around Jubilife Village and work our way out. Jubilife Village is in the correct place. However, if we're to take what I would assume to be Lake Verity correct, than the land where Canalave is supposed to be doesn't exist (or was much further out in the Hisui era).
  • Twinleaf Town was apparently an island. Sandgem Town and the surrounding routes were covered in rivers & ponds. That said, I'm not sure where Route 219 is if that island is Twinleaf. The tip of the landmass which has some mountains on it next to the island would have to crumble away into the sea.
  • Assuming Pal Park is at the tip of that long river leading down from Mt. Coronet, then following up the river near the base should be Oreburgh City (and there looks to be some ruins(?) there).

• Let's step back to Jubilife for a minute. If we go up that should lead us to Floaroma Town which at this time is supposed to be a barren & desolate hill. I wonder if we're going to witness Shaymin creating of the flower field, that would be neat.
  • Continue going up there's supposed to be Eterna Forest, but it's look like we're already on the snowy Route 216/217. Was Eterna Forest a snow forest back then until Shaymin uses its power to not only revitalize Floaroma but also the surrounding routes and cities?
  • Anyway, we finally go all the way up and get to Lake Acuity & Snowpoint Temple.

• Well, that's the west side of Mt. Coronet done. To start off the east side we're going to need a familiar landmark, and I see one: the last lake, Lake Valor (which for some reason has wispy clouds around it).
  • Going immediately downward we get a marshland, obviously this where Pastoria City and the Great Marsh is.
  • Right in front/next to Lake Valor there's this rather large rock (which looks to have an entrance?). I'm going to assume those are the Solaceon Ruins. What's that? There nowhere near that close to Lake Valor? True, but this map is very stylized if you haven't figured that out from the giant people & Pokemon all around it, so there's probably some distance distortion. That, or being the Legendaries of this gen are gods of timespace and creation, some landmass shifting after an epic event wouldn't be too surprising.
  • Don't think there's really anything to observe going up. That should be where Veilstone City and notably Celestic Town would be, but it's being blocked by Mt. Coronet (and there's no way we would be seeing where Hearthome will be at this angle.

• So, now we come to a big conundrum. Going right/east of Lake Valor should be Sendoff Springs. But Sendoff Springs isn't there. What's there is a giant gulf. So, um, that's going to need some explaining.
  • Aside from that I can generally see where Sunyshore City would be placed on the bottom side of the gulf. Going up that side leads us to what seems to be an archipelago which would fit Route 223 (and either those far away islands is where the Pokemon League would be placed of its off map).
  • Guessing the volcano island there is Stark Mountain.

Some big questions and I'm hoping some of them gets answered and not by GF just handwaving the discrepancies aside with "it's a video game, the map is like that because its fun". Which is of course the actual answer, but wouldn't mind a bit of lore even if its just "Palkia go burr".
I really love your attention to detail and your explanations behind it!

I might be able to help out with some of this. My biggest solution is that Regigigas and Heatran were active Pokemon during this time. The Sinnoh region still forming with its landmass changing. Iron Island is also not on the map and there is a slight extended area where the Ironworks would be that looks like Iron Island is not broken off yet.

Send-Off Springs is also not visible because it is within a hole of a mountainous region. Remember using Rock Climb to get up the mountain then back down the middle?

I'd point that tecnically this can be caused by natural events and not necessarly by human intervention.

Considering how many random plot parts of Pokemon have <insert legendary pokemon going rampage and nuking the world>, I wouldn't exclude such thing being the cause.

So, one confusing thing to note about this map is that, apparently when Hisui became Sinnoh, they did a LOT of terraforming. Like, there are rivers and ponds all over the place that are not present.
Considering how many random plot parts of Pokemon have <insert legendary pokemon going rampage and nuking the world>, I wouldn't exclude such thing being the cause.
Remember when Victory Road topography changed completely in the three years between gen 1 and gen 2? same thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)