Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

What's the storage system going to be like? If we have to catch up to a dozen of just one Pokemon...

Makes me wonder if the dex will be on the smaller side.
Let's Go had up to a 1000 slots, BDSP had 1200 (which is kind of insane actually, for some reason it has 8 more boxes than SWSH does).
We're up to like 165 or 175 pokemon accounted for in one way or another. I don't think we'll get 400 pokemon dex, but I could see us reaching some where 250~300.

So I think we'll be fine on both "room in the system" and "pokemon in the dex" fronts.

Also if there's some sort of Candy system in play, for the weird stat stuff, the intent is probably "catch a bunch, release them for stat boosters" too.

Didn't one of trailers show some kind of farm-like things where we can store Pokemon. Maybe they will a limit so one cannot store hundreds od Pokemon.
It specifically works like the traditional boxes, by the way, it's just the flavor of the month.

Bit surprised they didn't make the NPC running the ranch based on Hayley, considering she's literally a ranchhand that ran the gen 4 storage title Pokemon Ranch. Would've been a fun deep pull.

jokes aside maybe this means we're getting a trailer at the Game Awards tomorrow? I know it's not their normal Tuesday schedule, but it is the biggest gaming event of the year...:eyes:

also if this really is a Hisuian Voltorb line PLEASE let them be Grass/Fire... or at least have some interesting lore to explain why a futuristic mon like Voltorb has an ancient form...

edit: is it just me or is anyone else having trouble accessing the minigame? I can get to the PLA website just fine but the balls aren't showing up

edit 2: nvm I am the big dumb you just have to wait a few secs b4 they spawn :clown:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I wonder if Electrode might be a Heavy Ball or Great Ball instead of just a pokebal lflipped over.
In the site, Great and Heavy balls don't explode but the regular pokéballs do, so I don't particularly expect it to be a different form of ball

or at least have some interesting lore to explain why a futuristic mon like Voltorb has an ancient form...
To be fair, Voltorb and Electrode are stated to have been first sighted when Pokéballs were starting to be produced, so if Pokéballs already exist in the game, I think Electrode makes sense too. As for typing, probably has to do with these older pokéballs being made of "natural" material or something?

I have to say though, that does sound rather basic for a variant, specially given how hard the other variants in this game go. Definitely interested to see how they pull this one off.

I'm also rather surprised to see them even revealed at all before launch to be completely honest, I'd expect Mimic mons to not get any trailers so it's a big surprise when the game releases for when you pick up a pokéball to see a whole new form

Aside from Porygon, Voltorb and Electrode were probably the last Pokémon I was expecting to get Hisuian forms, but I'm interested to see how they're handled.

The Hisuian Poké Balls appear to be made of wood, so I'm guessing Voltorb and Electrode will be either Grass/Electric or Grass/Fire. When I was in kindergarten I thought Electrode was Fire-type (because explosions are fire, right?), so I desire validation on behalf of my younger self.

I have a feeling they'll just be pure Grass (just like how the normal forms are pure Electric despite the explosion flavor) though these old fashioned Pokeballs let off steam if I remember correctly, so I wouldn't be surprised by Grass/Fire or even Grass/Water.

I hope Voltorb and Electrode are still part electric, purely to avoid the headache of people having to come up with convoluted head-cannons to justify why they have those names if they are not electric type*,**.

*With variants like Sandshrew & Sandslash and the kanto birds, at least we can assume the regional variants were discovered later and people just went, "eh, screw it, we're not changing the names." But presumably the Hisuian Voltorb forms would be the originals, so we'd instead have to assume something like the person who named them decided "listen, I got a hunch that in 200 years these names are gonna be on point"

**At least according to Bulbapedia, Voltorb's Japanese name contains an onomatopoeia for an electric shock, so it would be weird for Voltorb to not be electric even in Japanese. The Japanese name for Electrode is arguably fine (circle + landmine according to Bulbapedia), so it would only be weird for other languages.

I hope Voltorb and Electrode are still part electric, purely to avoid the headache of people having to come up with convoluted head-cannons to justify why they have those names if they are not electric type*,**.

*With variants like Sandshrew & Sandslash and the kanto birds, at least we can assume the regional variants were discovered later and people just went, "eh, screw it, we're not changing the names." But presumably the Hisuian Voltorb forms would be the originals, so we'd instead have to assume something like the person who named them decided "listen, I got a hunch that in 200 years these names are gonna be on point"

**At least according to Bulbapedia, Voltorb's Japanese name contains an onomatopoeia for an electric shock, so it would be weird for Voltorb to not be electric even in Japanese. The Japanese name for Electrode is arguably fine (circle + landmine according to Bulbapedia), so it would only be weird for other languages.
Watch our first ever Electric/Fighting Pokémon be a Voltorb that learns Focus Blast.

I will go to my grave laughing.

The Torpedo (weapon) is named after the electric eel(originally called something like Torpedo), which is itself named after the Latin for "stun" or "numb" (torpidus). Orange (the fruit) was named first, Orange (the color) came later.

What I'm saying is that maybe in Pokemon, Volts as a measure of electric potential were named after physicist Alessandro's pet/lab assistant, and not the other way around.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Which is supported by the in-game language Game Freak has introduced recently, though it doesn't actually make sense when you try to translate it.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'm all for new or rarely used typing and Apricorns (or wood) are an easy way to make it a Grass type. Grass/Electric (or Electric/Fire if they go with that) is practically new because of Rotom only having those typings from possessing different things and only gaining one move of their types and Grass/Fire would be a very interesting first. If I stuck with the guess I made about a Regional Voltorb before Gen 7 came out, I'd be guessing Grass/Rock, but back then I was hoping for coconut Alolan form. :P The weird thing is I can still see that typing happening. It's extremely unlikely, but it still feels slightly possible. It's also still unusual because only Cradily has it.

From what I can remember, this was the weirdest thing from the riddler leak, so can someone say what was on it again? I was mostly ignoring it before because an Ancient Voltorb seemed out of nowhere.

From what I can remember, this was the weirdest thing from the riddler leak, so can someone say what was on it again? I was mostly ignoring it before because an Ancient Voltorb seemed out of nowhere.
Yung Dramps referred us to a fairly comprehensive Twitter recap in one of his recent posts.

Obviously we don't know exactly what the twelve riddles are supposed to communicate, but here's the tl;dr.
  1. Regional Typhlosion. Ghost-type?
  2. Ghost-type Zoroark (confirmed).
  3. New species found in postgame depicted as two heart-shaped vapor trails. New Manaphy? New cloud genie? Very mysterious this one.
  4. Regional Electrode. Type unknown. Riddler said Electric/Fire on Twitter, but he sounded very sarcastic.
  5. Possibly Lilligant? Jynx? Some manner of "lady" that remains unidentified, likely the one of which Arezu is warden.
  6. Regional Decidueye. Fighting-type?
  7. New species depicted as kanji of the cactuar/sabotender monster in Final Fantasy. All signs point to Qwilfish evolution.
  8. Steel-type Goodra.
  9. Regional Samurott. Dark-type?
  10. Possibly something to do with Avalugg? It's hard to imagine supership Habakkuk representing any other species.
  11. New Sneasel evolution a la Perrserker? Numbers given by Riddler are color codes for Poison/Fighting.
  12. Possible Ursaring evolution.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)