Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

Just want to say I fucking detest the Arceus' phones entire existence. It feels like they wanted to copy the Sheikah Slate but half-assed it, leaving us with this giant red mark on the game's aesthetic. It also kinda reeks of that boomer energy of "Kids won't like this thing set in the past if there isn't recognizable technology".

I cannot believe the first thing about this game that I truly dislike was a fucking phone bro.
The phone gets exponentially funnier when BDSP is right there to remind us that a LCD watch (with apps!) and no back button is the latest and greatest technology

meanwhile god gives you the god phone

Just want to say I fucking detest the Arceus' phones entire existence. It feels like they wanted to copy the Sheikah Slate but half-assed it, leaving us with this giant red mark on the game's aesthetic. It also kinda reeks of that boomer energy of "Kids won't like this thing set in the past if there isn't recognizable technology".

I cannot believe the first thing about this game that I truly dislike was a fucking phone bro.
I think it looks ridiculous but it's so ridiculous it wraps around to being funny so I don't mind it. The design and implementation could be much better

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The yellow aura Kleavor has is interesting. Will it be like the Totems, a boost to some/every stat? Is it another gameplay element? Will the aura change color for bosses as the game progress to indicate them getting stronger/tougher? The possibilities are arising rapidly...

Also Piplup was almost murdered by Stone Axe, I'm predicting another high power/low accuracy move.

e: it's either a very weird Piplup or it was actually Oshawott.

Last edited:
1632845232998.png

Thought it might be good to look at the stats for a second. All of them seem to be higher than what a Drifblim should have for its level and by a lot. For reference, a level 32 Drifblim with all 31 IVs, 252 EVs in every stat, and a neutral nature will give you a spread of 168, 86, 63, 92, 69, 86. These stats are impossible as they are now. Either Drifblim has had a major stat buff or the stats system has been reworked. Also there's these new numbers and meters next to the stats. I figure they have something to do with a new way to level up stats.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fun side note: the more I see this the more Legends seems to be taking a few notes from the Alola games.

Wardens being like Trial Captains, "Super Charged" bosses with Nobles and Alphas being like Totem Pokemon, a Photo Mode is in the game like it was in USUM, you know the drill.

Of course I would say regional forms too but that's been a trend that carried over to Galar too and of course incorporating the new evolutions like Galar and Gen 4 Sinnoh did.

It's pretty interesting though that a few of the ideas they had in the Alola games are being used again in a different manner in this game though.

I agree with the sentiment that the "Arc Phone" is really ridiculous. If it's supposed to be like the sheikah slate, it doesn't even look ancient; it looks like a phone with an arceus case. Will they pull something crazy and it's actually a remnant of a time traveler?? why is there a smartphone in the image of god in feudal japan what is going on

Potentially unpopular opinion: I really don't like Kleavor's design. It just looks really over designed and busy to me. Why does it have those weird spiky shoulder things? Why does it have rock facial hair? If they had just removed those elements I probably would like it a lot more, but rn it just looks way too complicated. Also Bug/Rock is a horrendous typing lol (at least compared to Bug/Steel).

Potentially unpopular opinion: I really don't like Kleavor's design. It just looks really over designed and busy to me. Why does it have those weird spiky shoulder things? Why does it have rock facial hair? If they had just removed those elements I probably would like it a lot more, but rn it just looks way too complicated. Also Bug/Rock is a horrendous typing lol (at least compared to Bug/Steel).
I'm also not sold on Kleavor, but primarily for a different reason. There's a very good chance I'd be more receptive if it was revealed somewhere else.

We know the metal coat can be found naturally. We know that evolutions using it can appear naturally in this region. We know that one of the mons that carries said item dates back at least 3000 years. This is a region with a strong connection to the regis. Bronzor and Bronzong are themselves over a thousand years since their inspiration. There is no reason why it cannot be the steel-type scizor appearing here.

Phone's fine I guess, wouldn't make up for insufficent fantasy tech elsewhere though.

We know the metal coat can be found naturally. We know that evolutions using it can appear naturally in this region. We know that one of the mons that carries said item dates back at least 3000 years. This is a region with a strong connection to the regis. Bronzor and Bronzong are themselves over a thousand years since their inspiration. There is no reason why it cannot be the steel-type scizor appearing here.
Tbf, there's nothing saying that we can't get Scizor here. They could easily make it so that you can choose if you want a Scizor or a Kleavor. After all, Kleavor's evolution is caused by specific minerals found solely in the Hisui region. That could also explain why Kleavor isn't found in the modern day: humans overmined the special mineral needed to evolve Scyther into Kleavor and there's none of it left.

Updated Hisui checklist:

1632849497913.png

Color code:
- Green: this Pokemon is present in the Hisui Pokedex,
- Dark Green: this Pokemon has a Hisuian Form / Hisuian Evolution,
- Grey: this Pokemon is an Evolution of an Alternate Form of a confirmed Pokemon.

New confirmations:

- Scyther, Scizor,
- Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire,
- Remoraid, Octillery,
- Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim,
- Drifloon, Drifblim,

Remoraid and Octillery were expected as Remoraid is needed to evolve Mantyke. Electabuzz is a Magmar’s counterpart so it was pretty likely to appear as well. All newly confirmed Pokemon shown today were present in the Platinum Pokedex.

Oh, and Kleavor rocks! I like Scizor, but I also always wanted a Scyther evolution that looks more like its first stage.

Finally, a scyther evolution that isnt bad!
Is this one of those messages someone writes in order to present a contrary opinion to what most believe, like Dark Souls II being a great game (which truly is, but thats not the point), to distance yourself from the rest, ultimately concluding that if your thoughts on a certain matter are shared by the minority it empowers your argument, creating the false belief of you being special, while the reality is that not only you but each of us are nothing but cosmic dust destined to die without a purpose, and probably alone, not before succumbing to drugs?

Is this one of those messages someone writes in order to present a contrary opinion to what most believe, like Dark Souls II being a great game (which truly is, but thats not the point), to distance yourself from the rest, ultimately concluding that if your thoughts on a certain matter are shared by the minority it empowers your argument, creating the false belief of you being special, while the reality is that not only you but each of us are nothing but cosmic dust destined to die without a purpose, and probably alone, not before succumbing to drugs?
Or maybe, just maybe, design is subjective and people can have their own opinions on what designs look good or not? Shocking, I know!

Idk how to tell u chief some people think scizor looks bad

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Idk how to tell u chief some people think scizor looks bad
One thing about the Pokémon fanbase is that it is large enough that there will be someone who will like a generally disliked Pokémon. Same goes for the opposite.

I personally likes Scizor and have a good impression with Kleavor, but none hold candle compared to, say, Obstagoon and Basculegion in my opinion.

One thing about the Pokémon fanbase is that it is large enough that there will be someone who will like a generally disliked Pokémon. Same goes for the opposite.
Ive been called quirky and being contrarian on purpose/lying about things because my tastes in general favor things that are silly or weird/charming a lot so I dont mind it too much lol. My favorites include turtonator and crabominable so its par for the course.

Kleavor is a 6/10 for me which isnt bad, its charming and weird and mostly up my alley. I just dont think scyther needs evolutions and it still doesnt really feel like a proper evolution. Also whats up with facial hair recently in pokemon. Can we stop that for a bit

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
is an Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
I think it is mesprit
I think the fact that it says “a certain lady” suggests it’ll specifically be a female-only species which makes Mesprit seem unlikely as it isn’t gendered in the main series (Mesprit does use feminine pronouns in the PMD series though). Froslass and Lilligant variations come to mind as possibilities. As does Wormadam. Florges is also possible I guess but it seems less specifically like a “lady”. Or it could be another regional evolution of a Pokémon that’s totally unexpected.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I think the fact that it says “a certain lady” suggests it’ll specifically be a female-only species which makes Mesprit seem unlikely as it isn’t gendered in the main series (Mesprit does use feminine pronouns in the PMD series though). Froslass and Lilligant variations come to mind as possibilities. As does Wormadam. Florges is also possible I guess but it seems less specifically like a “lady”. Or it could be another regional evolution of a Pokémon that’s totally unexpected.
I bet all Noble Pokémon are Generation 4 and the new Hisuian forms and newly introduced evolutions, so it could be Froslass, Wormadam, Vespiquen, Blissey (since Happiny is introduced in Gen 4), or a Hisuian form or, as you said, a new regional evolution (or standard evolution, either works) for any female-exclusive species.

Hisuian Mandibuzz (though that don't fit that well for a "lady" description), Hisuian Nidoqueen, an evolution for Illumise (with an evolution for Volbeat), or even taking the word "ladybug" literally and have a Ledian evolution that have a feminine design and this Noble one in particular is female.

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
is an Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
I bet all Noble Pokémon are Generation 4 and the new Hisuian forms and newly introduced evolutions, so it could be Froslass, Wormadam, Vespiquen, Blissey (since Happiny is introduced in Gen 4), or a Hisuian form or, as you said, a new regional evolution (or standard evolution, either works) for any female-exclusive species.

Hisuian Mandibuzz (though that don't fit that well for a "lady" description), an evolution for Illumise (with an evolution for Volbeat), or even taking the word "ladybug" literally and have a Ledian evolution that have a feminine design and this Noble one in particular is female.
I bet you’re right. And while Unovan Mandibuzz isn’t particularly “ladylike”, Hisuian Mandibuzz could be! And it would make sense since her counterpart Braviary has a Hisuian form as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)