Pokemon Legends - Arceus - 28th Jan 2022 *Official Content Only*

What in the Hell was that? Are we going full analog horror now? And what is this new Pokémon that killed him? What's the significance of the Snorunt and why is he surprised it's cold by them? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!
I think the snorunt part of this is just meant to be general excitement over seeing the Pokemon and just having a pithy "wow it's so cold but they're just out and about" excitement moment.

to contrast when he gets turbo murdered in the cave, you see

So let's see...
-Compares it with a Growlithe or Vulpix before dismissing that. So probably a somewhat medium-small Pokemon, on all fours?
-Has a tail, tip of it is Red.
-Adorable
-White fur on top of the head
-Also white fur around its neck
-Round yellow eyes

Honestly considering it lives in an ice cave I feel this could be any number of Pokemon given a Hisui make over...the notable fur stuff could be something already existing on the Pokemon but it could also be a new set of fur to represent its new environment.

The end of the video could show that it's prone to aggression/violence. While this could easily just be a behaviour change, maybe it's a hint on the pokémon its based on?

I think the snorunt part of this is just meant to be general excitement over seeing the Pokemon and just having a pithy "wow it's so cold but they're just out and about" excitement moment.

to contrast when he gets turbo murdered in the cave, you see

So let's see...
-Compares it with a Growlithe or Vulpix before dismissing that. So probably a somewhat medium-small Pokemon, on all fours?
-Has a tail, tip of it is Red.
-Adorable
-White fur on top of the head
-Also white fur around its neck
-Round yellow eyes

Honestly considering it lives in an ice cave I feel this could be any number of Pokemon given a Hisui make over...the notable fur stuff could be something already existing on the Pokemon but it could also be a new set of fur to represent its new environment.
Variant shinx or luxio? Would match the body shape and eye descriptions, and they have a noticeable tail tip, tuft at the top of the head, and different neck coloration that could be moved to a red/white colour scheme. Shinx is considered cute while the evolutions are generally viewed as aggressively territorial (though that could also be plot-related instead)

The end of the video could show that it's prone to aggression/violence. While this could easily just be a behaviour change, maybe it's a hint on the pokémon its based on?
I think he wasn't attacked by the Pokemon he was observing, it looks like there was a cave in. If it was caused by a Pokemon (probably was, he exclaims "what is that" before it happens) I expect it to be an evolutionary relative.

Variant shinx or luxio? Would match the body shape and eye descriptions, and they have a noticeable tail tip, tuft at the top of the head, and different neck coloration that could be moved to a red/white colour scheme. Shinx is considered cute while the evolutions are generally viewed as aggressively territorial (though that could also be plot-related instead)
While in general I doubt we're getting Hisui versions of Gen 4 Pokemon, we've already seen both Shinx & Luxio I believe.

Honestly one of my thoughts was Delcatty

Prominent tuft of fur on its tail, notable neck fur, round eyes...the fur on its head is arguable.

Only thing is its relatively large (about a foot taller than Growlithe or Vulpix) & Skitty, its nearest neighbor, lacks most of these characteristics. The Fur you could handwave as newly-added emphasis for what its new Delcatty form looks like but I don't see them ever giving it normal eyes. So that's all probabyl a bust.

Have they ever introduced a new variant im the same region the normal one was also readily available? Weve already seen the luxray line so i highly doubt thats it.

Also i think the evolution might be a 2 legged creature that attacked him, and he saw the first stage that he was fawning over. After hes attacked, the aound of footprints in snow could be heard, but it doesnt sound like a 4 legged creature, and its too slow to be the recorder running away. Its slow and purposeful.

Last edited:
We've seen regular Shinx/Luxio/Luxray many times before, with a Luxray even being one of the enranged minibosses.

My prediction is this is a Hisuian Rockruff/Lycanroc. It's confused with both Growlithe and Vulpix, hinting at it being canid. Rockruff has round eyes, a very prominent tail, and a ring of fur around its neck, all traits that could be simply but easily modified to fit a regional variant. Also many Pokedex entries say that Rockruff start out friendly but as they get closer to evolution, they get more aggressive, which could explain why it attacked the poor researcher guy.

A Hisuian Rockruff/Lycanroc would also make a lot of sense for the region; it could be based on the Hokkaido wolf, an extinct subspecies of the gray wolf that lived in coastal Asia and went extinct around the Meji Restoration, the time period that this game is based on.

If I had to make my guess, he saw a new Hisunian Glameow, and then was attacked by a Hisunian Purrugly.

It has a few details that make it sound like a cat Pokemon, such as the fur and yellow eyes. And it being a regional variant/ancient variant? would make sense for it to look a little different

Ok side note, assuming this is an ice type because mt coronet: can we please stop adding ice type regional forms. It's not even like we don't have enough ice types to comfortably populate mt coronet, off the top of my head i can think of sneasel, snorunt, snover, swinub (all S?) as easy fills, then glaceon, spheal, cryogonal and cubchoo if you need more ice types, then absol, maybe a steel type, anything with a fluffy coat can be non ice encounters

Ok side note, assuming this is an ice type because mt coronet: can we please stop adding ice type regional forms. It's not even like we don't have enough ice types to comfortably populate mt coronet, off the top of my head i can think of sneasel, snorunt, snover, swinub (all S?) as easy fills, then glaceon, spheal, cryogonal and cubchoo if you need more ice types, then absol, maybe a steel type, anything with a fluffy coat can be non ice encounters
It was honestly nice that Hisui Braviary has all the aesthetics & seeming primary location of an ice type but was Psychic instead.

Although, I wonder if it might be a fire/ice type? The direct comparison to Vulpix & Growlithe felt very purposeful in that regard; otherwise they could have gone "Growlithe & Shinx" or any combination of quadraped small pokemon and they made a point to point out the red tip on its tail so it probably has red fur elsewhere on its body too.
Like we do need less ice types but a fire/ice type that is always a fire/ice type and not locked to a form of another ice type would be neat.

So I pumped up the contrast of a few frames in Photoshop just to see if there's anything behind the Blair Witch filter (I was bored, okay?), and I think there might be:

That blob on the right seems to be a shadow and loosely follows his narration.

And now my computer's fucking haunted, thanks GF.

Last edited:
God fuvk
So I pumped up the contrast of a few frames in Photoshop just to see if there was anything behind the Blair Witch filter (I was bored, okay?), and I think there might be:

That blob on the right seems to be a shadow and loosely follows his narration.

And now my computer is fucking haunted, thanks GF.
God fuck I can see a face on the bottom image

Could be confirmation bias but it kinda looks like a Zoroark to me

It almost feels like the marketing people are trying to figure out how much work they can put into giving us as much NOTHING as they can at least once during each pre-game cycle. I feel like this trailer is in the same tier of lameness as the 24 hour "cotton candy Ponyta exists" extravaLAMEza.

Ahem.

So to be less saucy, I'll say I agree about it maybe being a pair of Zorua and Zoroark variants, though for a moment I thought they were talking about... Charmander...

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I myself is the opposite; I will welcome more Ice-type regional forms. Take note that Ice have the least amount of Pokémon overall (behind even Ghost and Dragon), and Gen 7 and especially 8 were generous with new Ice-type and new regional variants and Mr. Rime combined.

Difficult to pinpoint what the trailer means for this discovery of an ancient variant (or even a whole new Pokémon - as in whole new, not necessarily a cross-gen evo) but it seems to have a feline or canine-like disposition.

Nowhere as bad as that 24 hours forest livestream but it is certainly cryptic.

I myself is the opposite; I will welcome more Ice-type regional forms. Take note that Ice have the least amount of Pokémon overall (behind even Ghost and Dragon), and Gen 7 and especially 8 were generous with new Ice-type and new regional variants and Mr. Rime combined.
I want more ice types, don't get me wrong, especially as early as possible, but I feel like having so many regional variants turn into ice types just gets boring after a while. I want new ice type pokemon!!!

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Zoroark would make sense but the footprints at the end of the trailer, if we assume are the Pokémon's, felt heavy. Heavier than a Zoroark would be, to me.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I don't think its necessarily an Ice type just for living in a snowy mountains. We've seen game footage of other Pokémon like Wyrdeer, Electivire, Braviary and whatnot up in the mountains, so I don't think a regional variant native to mt coronet should necessarily be assumed to be an Ice type

If anything I think Ghost is very likely. Fits the video's horror theme and its being announced close to Halloween alongside other Halloween-themed announcements. White is usually considered a ghostly colour in media (Even though Pokémon only has like 4 white ghosts) and it would possibly make sense for it to give off a "mysterious air" in its presence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)