SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2AdaCyCURyfBAgylN29aPdBiUAfi9mYk9qi2u/pubhtml

For now I made a published google sheet for somewhat correct move stats from Centro's raw data, it is pretty rough but it has the information and will hold the tide until someone more experienced gets to it. The headers are shifted back and should be accurate, but numbers are unmapped for things like category (0 = status, 1 = physical, 2 = special) and most other things. Also note CanUseMove is zero if unusable and FALSE is a normal move.
Some things I noticed when looking at this sheet:
  • Outrage seems to have been nerfed, it has a base power of 90 and an accuracy of 85 (before it was BP 120 ACC 100)
  • Close Combat also seems to have been nerfed, going from 120 BP to 100 BP (still 100 ACC though)
  • Flare Blitz also seems to have been nerfed in a similar manner to CC, going from 120 BP to 100 BP
  • Dragon Pulse, Water Pulse, and Dark Pulse were buffed- they seem to be unable to miss now (they have 101 ACC)
  • Brave Bird also seems to have been nerfed in a similar manner to CC and FB, going from 120 BP to 100 BP
  • Draco Meteor was nerfed, going from 130 BP to 110 BP
  • Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard, Hydro Pump, and Hurricane were all nerfed, going from 110 BP to 100 BP
  • Moonblast and Play Rough were both nerfed, going from 95 and 90 BP respectively to 85 BP
  • Mystical Fire was nerfed, going from 75 to 70 BP
  • Dazzling Gleam was nerfed, going from 80 BP to 75 BP
  • High Horsepower was nerfed, going from 95 BP to 85 BP
  • Liquidation was nerfed, going from 85 to 80 BP
  • Steel Beam was nerfed, going from 140 BP to 120 BP
...whew that was a lot

TLDR: a lot of BP nerfs for some very good moves and also pulse moves can't miss now for some reason

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2AdaCyCURyfBAgylN29aPdBiUAfi9mYk9qi2u/pubhtml

For now I made a published google sheet for somewhat correct move stats from Centro's raw data, it is pretty rough but it has the information and will hold the tide until someone more experienced gets to it. The headers are shifted back and should be accurate, but numbers are unmapped for things like category (0 = status, 1 = physical, 2 = special) and most other things. Also note CanUseMove is zero if unusable and FALSE is a normal move.
False Swipe is apparently unusable but I'm pretty sure I saw it in a Pokemon's Relearnable Moves. I think we should take the usable/unusable with a grain of salt, especially because some unobtainable Pokemon's signature moves are "usable" and Struggle is apparently unusable.
Edit: Why do Normal Moves get a different tag? That explains why Judgement was unusable though.

The Powder Status Moves were buffed to 80 Accuracy
Poison Sting was buffed from 15 Power to 30. Not that good, but it's about time.
Mud-Slap and Absorb were also buffed to 30 Power too, but Mega Drain is still 40.
Rollout has 40 Power! It's either changed or even more terrifying. Ice Ball is also buffed and may be usable.
Hidden Power is nerfed to 50 Power. (Sucks to be Unown.)
Struggle Bug is down to 40 Power. Still better than the 30 it had in Gen 5.

Edit: Snarl has 60 Power and 100 Accuracy.
Icy Wind is upto 60 Accuracy but still has 95 Accuracy.

I'm not sure what happened with the SwSh Tutor Moves if they're even usable. Maybe they were this powerful before getting nerfed into the versions we got in SwSh?

Scale Shot has 30 Power
Corrosive Gas is an attack with 20 Power
Poltiergeist has 120 Power
Flip Turn has 70 Power
Scorching Sands has 80 Power
Burning Jealousy has 100 Power
Lash Out has 150 Power (I'm guessing it's half damage if your stats weren't lowered, which would make it the same)
Triple Axel only has 10 Power...

Last edited:
Outrage seems to have been nerfed, it has a base power of 90 and an accuracy of 85 (before it was BP 120 ACC 100)
I think Outrage will work differently as well based on a description I saw on twitter. Raging Fury has similar stats and it apparently inflicts the "fixated" status which is like Choice but makes you take more damage as well.

Flase Swipe is apparently unusable but I'm pretty sure I saw it in a Pokemon's Relearnable Moves. I think we should take the usable/unusable with a grain of salt, especially because some unobtainable Pokemon's signature moves are "usable" and Struggle is apparently unusable.
The TRUE/FALSE column is meant to be Type but was mangled by the tool used to parse the data originally putting it into a True/False format, so Normal (0) moves show up as False and everything else shows up as True. Still, as Ironmage mentioned it's pretty interesting that the CanUseMove data is actually meaningful.

So it seems that Giratina is the big bad after all. This honestly feels like a plot hole. In Platinum, Giratina stepped in to stop Cyrus when Dialga and Palkia were out of commission. But here, not only was Giratina the one who put Dialga and Palkia out of commission, but it's lending its power to someone with the exact same plan as Cyrus. What gives?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So it seems that Giratina is the big bad after all. This honestly feels like a plot hole. In Platinum, Giratina stepped in to stop Cyrus when Dialga and Palkia were out of commission. But here, not only was Giratina the one who put Dialga and Palkia out of commission, but it's lending its power to someone with the exact same plan as Cyrus. What gives?
My interpretation is that Giratina is an unwilling pawn in Volo's scheme. Notice how at one point Volo calls it out for hesitating towards the player

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Screenshot_20220119-233458733 (1).jpg
from what I understood, this is like a backstory as to why Giratina became Hisui's/Sinnoh's guardian

Some things I noticed when looking at this sheet:
  • Outrage seems to have been nerfed, it has a base power of 90 and an accuracy of 85 (before it was BP 120 ACC 100)
  • Close Combat also seems to have been nerfed, going from 120 BP to 100 BP (still 100 ACC though)
  • Flare Blitz also seems to have been nerfed in a similar manner to CC, going from 120 BP to 100 BP
  • Dragon Pulse, Water Pulse, and Dark Pulse were buffed- they seem to be unable to miss now (they have 101 ACC)
  • Brave Bird also seems to have been nerfed in a similar manner to CC and FB, going from 120 BP to 100 BP
  • Draco Meteor was nerfed, going from 130 BP to 110 BP
  • Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard, Hydro Pump, and Hurricane were all nerfed, going from 110 BP to 100 BP
  • Moonblast and Play Rough were both nerfed, going from 95 and 90 BP respectively to 85 BP
  • Mystical Fire was nerfed, going from 75 to 70 BP
  • Dazzling Gleam was nerfed, going from 80 BP to 75 BP
  • High Horsepower was nerfed, going from 95 BP to 85 BP
  • Liquidation was nerfed, going from 85 to 80 BP
...whew that was a lot

TLDR: a lot of BP nerfs for some very good moves and also pulse moves can't miss now for some reason
The moves got nerfed most likely cause of Strong Style, as that will pretty much buff them back to their original BPs

more move changes from the spreadsheet cuz I am in too deep now
  • Dark Void was BUFFED(!!!!!!), it went from 50 ACC to 90 ACC
  • Earthquake and Scald are unusable for some reason (I can get EQ because of animation issues, but why Scald?)
  • Icicle Crash was nerfed, going from 85 to 80 BP
  • Wild Charge was nerfed, going from 90 to 85 BP
  • Magma Storm got both buffed and nerfed; its BP went from 100 to 90, but its ACC went from 75 to 90
  • Seed Flare got nerfed, going from 120 to 100 BP
  • Lunar Dance is unusable (I think Lunar Blessing replaces it as Cresselia's signature move in this game)
  • Head Smash, Hyper Beam, and Giga Impact were nerfed, going from 150 BP to 120 BP
  • Leaf Storm was nerfed, going from 130 to 110 BP
  • Megahorn was nerfed, going from 120 to 100 BP
  • Icy Wind was buffed, going from 55 to 60 BP
  • Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic, Energy Ball, and Sludge Bomb were all nerfed, going from 90 to 80 BP
whew that was a lot, I'm done for real now

again a lot of minor BP nerfs, with only a few moves going above 100 BP, most likely to balance out with Strong Style like Maahir said, if I missed anything feel free to say so

Take this with a big grain of salt since if you've looked at the move sheet you know it's a mess, but based on some cross-referencing me and doipy hooves did, we think Enamorus's exclusive move (not strictly confirmed but the description makes it overwhelmingly likely), Springtide Storm, has a 30% chance of granting an omniboost. Thank you genie of healthy meta :)

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of Steel Beam, I do wonder if there will be a dedicated tutor NPC for this move. Steel Beam was introduced in Gen 8 in a similar manner to Draco Meteor in Gen 4 and debuted in Sword and Shield as a tutor-exclusive move from a very specific NPC that every single Steel-type available was capable of learning. Draco Meteor was a similar case in DP, and it became a recurring special tutor move ever since in every mainline game that came after. Steel Beam could very well continue the trend of being a special tutor move that is recurring in mainline games going forward like Draco Meteor is now, and I wonder if that will be the case with it returning as a special tutor move for PLA.

I haven't checked any scripts yet, but I'm curious about this.

Take this with a big grain of salt since if you've looked at the move sheet you know it's a mess, but based on some cross-referencing me and doipy hooves did, we think Enamorus's exclusive move (not strictly confirmed but the description makes it overwhelmingly likely), Springtide Storm, has a 30% chance of granting an omniboost. Thank you genie of healthy meta :)
between this and Lando's new signature move being a buffed Scorching Sands I think someone at GF is really biased towards the genies

do we know anything about the state of boomburst, or whether the new moves are physical or special?
Boomburst is not in the game. I'll have to double check the spreadsheet to see which moves are physical and which ones are special.

fans before: i hope they update SWSH with all the new pokemon and moves!

fans after: oh god, oh no

do we know anything about the state of boomburst, or whether the new moves are physical or special?
ok went back to the spreadsheet and here are the categories of all the new moves

Physical: Dire Claw, Psyshield Bash, Stone Axe, Raging Fury, Wave Crash, Mountain Gale, Headlong Rush, Barb Barrage, Triple Arrows, Ceaseless Edge,
Special: Springtide Storm, Mystical Power, Chloroblast, Esper Wing, Bitter Malice, Infernal Parade, Bleakwind Storm, Wildbolt Storm, Sandsear Storm
Status: Power Shift, Victory Dance, Shelter, Lunar Blessing, Take Heart

Does Dark Void still puts the opponent to sleep tho? From what I understood, sleep was basically replaced by drowsy, which would explain the accuracy change
...fuck I think you right
dramatic-cat-facing-corner.jpg

look man, you gotta make up for lost time when your brothers dominated the last 12 years of competitive pokemon.

In all seriousness, there are so many changes to the way long time established moves work in PLA that I expect new moves to be drastically different when / if they come over into the main series. There are so many effects that just don't transfer over cleanly like the new way stealth rock works. I can see a few new moves operating around that mechanic just becoming like fire spin variants or something.

look man, you gotta make up for lost time when your brothers dominated the last 12 years of competitive pokemon.

In all seriousness, there are so many changes to the way long time established moves work in PLA that I expect new moves to be drastically different when / if they come over into the main series. There are so many effects that just don't transfer over cleanly like the new way stealth rock works. I can see a few new moves operating around that mechanic just becoming like fire spin variants or something.
It'll be interesting to see if they've already figured out how these moves will work "for real"; even if there's no SWSH update planned it probably pays to plan that out already and just streamline it so it presents as such in Home instead of having 2 separate versions of everything.

I'm not sure what happened with the SwSh Tutor Moves if they're even usable. Maybe they were this powerful before getting nerfed into the versions we got in SwSh?

Scale Shot has 30 Power
Corrosive Gas is an attack with 20 Power
Poltiergeist has 120 Power
Flip Turn has 70 Power
Scorching Sands has 80 Power
Burning Jealousy has 100 Power
Lash Out has 150 Power (I'm guessing it's half damage if your stats weren't lowered, which would make it the same)
Triple Axel only has 10 Power...
Yeah I think these were early/beta versions of the SWSH tutor moves. Flip Turn and Scorching Sands's BPs match those of their counterparts U-Turn/Volt Switch and Scald respectively, Corrosive Gas has the same BP as pre-buff Knock Off, and Triple Axel has the same BP as Triple Kick. Would have been interesting to see how these different powers would have affected these moves in SWSH...

Yeah I think these were early/beta versions of the SWSH tutor moves. Flip Turn and Scorching Sands's BPs match those of their counterparts U-Turn/Volt Switch and Scald respectively, Corrosive Gas has the same BP as pre-buff Knock Off, and Triple Axel has the same BP as Triple Kick. Would have been interesting to see how these different powers would have affected these moves in SWSH...
Ah these being early versions from an early post-swsh launch pre-dlc launch would make sense. They probably branched off shortly after dlc started development

We saw a similar thing with SWSH and the Let's Go exclusive moves: at first we thought those were planned tweaks to the moves but after getting Let's Go prototypes we see that no those were just early versions of those moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)