SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

For those who got the Darkrai event, has anyone tested if your BDSP save has to have a specific amount of progress on it for the event to trigger in your game, or could you literally just start BDSP from the beginning, save, and that would count? I remember the Jirachi event from the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc required the Pokedex to be obtained in either Ruby or Sapphire first, so I was just curious.

Unrelated to the current discussion, but does anyone else have a problem with Enamorus's design? I kinda dig it, but at the same time I find it incredibly cliche that Game Freak went for a pink female-only Fairy-type that's related to the power of love. If literally any of those elements were different (red fairy, pink male, Dark-type powered by love etc), I'd like it a lot more.
Personally I hate it because it's another one of the designs that tell me "someone designed this, it isn't a real monster" because of all the heart shaped spots, Specially on the Therian. It would be ok to have a single one but to have so many it reminds me of a Neopet instead of an actual pokemon.

Relatively unimportant, but do we have the Pokédex classifications for the new stuff? Like how Pikachu is the Mouse Pokémon, Dunsparce is the Land Snake Pokémon, Weezing is the Poison Gas Pokémon, etc. I like to know those kinds of little details.
From here (raw text dump), we have all of the categories in dex number order! It seems like the new ones are:

Wyrdeer - the Big Horn Pokémon
Kleavor - the Axe Pokémon
Ursaluna - the Peat Pokémon
Basculegion - the Big Fish Pokémon
Sneasler - the Free Climb Pokémon
Overqwil - the Pin Cluster Pokémon
Enamorus - the Love-Hate Pokémon

Some variant forms are mixed in with other Pokémon that have multiple categories to a dex number, including past regional variants and Hoopa. Presumably anything that doesn't have an entry here is the same as before. All of these are still in Pokédex order, so it's very easy to match them without any ambiguity.

Hisuian Growlithe - the Scout Pokémon
There's no extra entry for Arcanine, so it must still be the Legendary Pokémon

Hisuian Voltorb - the Sphere Pokémon
Hisuian Electrode - the Sphere Pokémon

Hisuian Typhlosion - the Ghost Flame Pokémon

Hisuian Lilligant - the Spinning Pokémon

Basculin (White-Striped) - the Mellow Pokémon
this one sounds mismatched without context, but I'm quite sure of it! base Basculin is "the Hostile Pokémon," and White-Striped's dex entry says "Though it differs from other Basculin in several respects, including demeanor—this one is gentle—I have categorized it as a regional form given the vast array of shared qualities."

Hisuian Zorua - the Spiteful Fox Pokémon
Hisuian Zoroark - the Baneful Fox Pokémon

Hisuian Braviary - the Battle Cry Pokémon

Hisuian Sliggoo - the Snail Pokémon
Hisuian Goodra - the Shell Bunker Pokémon

Their data is in the game but their usability flag is set to false. Interestingly, much like with the partner Pikachu/Eevee moves in SwSh, there was a bunch of changes made to unusable moves incl a bunch of the Isle of Armor moves. Given the... severity of some of them I wouldn't take them as gospel until they actually appear in a game in which they're usable.
I suspect all the IOA-etc moves are leftovers from an earlier fork i ndevelopment that just kept carrying over. It's what happened with those Partner moves in SWSH, wouldn't surprise me to see the same here.

I've seen a lot of people on this thread talk a lot of how H-Decidueye is bad compared to its normal form and while I admit it doesn't look as strong as I'd like it to be, I'd like to say some good things about it, as I still love decidueye. Many people point out that it's grass/fighting typing puts it competition with more and even better mons, but let's consider some upsides H-decidueye has over its competition. While mons like verizion and breloom may hit harder, and fellow starter chestnaught is bulkier, consider that those mons have specific niches, like breloom being frail but punishing with spore, verizion having not great coverage, and chestnaught traditionally sticking to a leech seed-drain punch set. What H-decidueye has going for it is quite unique, bulk substancial enough to survive some tough hits, flying type coverage to hit fellow bulky grass types (something most of the other grass/fighting types struggle with), better recovery in roost, and best of all, long reach is actually surprisingly good for a physical attacker, preventing stuff like flame body, static, rocky helmet, ect from harming it, something most of the others also struggle with. Normal Decidueye distinguishes itself by having u-turn and priority moves like sucker punch (which I'm not sure if those are in this game) to effectively use choice sets, or its numerous set-up/support moves like swords dance, nasty plot, defog, etc to be a better support for it's team, and this new variant can still pull off similar tricks to great effect. It's also worth noting that its new signature move that lowers the opponents defense and raises its crit chance makes it dangerous to switch into, meaning it could still trouble stuff like stall teams.

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
I've seen a lot of people on this thread talk a lot of how H-Decidueye is bad compared to its normal form and while I admit it doesn't look as strong as I'd like it to be, I'd like to say some good things about it, as I still love decidueye. Many people point out that it's grass/fighting typing puts it competition with more and even better mons, but let's consider some upsides H-decidueye has over its competition. While mons like verizion and breloom may hit harder, and fellow starter chestnaught is bulkier, consider that those mons have specific niches, like breloom being frail but punishing with spore, verizion having not great coverage, and chestnaught traditionally sticking to a leech seed-drain punch set. What H-decidueye has going for it is quite unique, bulk substancial enough to survive some tough hits, flying type coverage to hit fellow bulky grass types (something most of the other grass/fighting types struggle with), better recovery in roost, and best of all, long reach is actually surprisingly good for a physical attacker, preventing stuff like flame body, static, rocky helmet, ect from harming it, something most of the others also struggle with. Normal Decidueye distinguishes itself by having u-turn and priority moves like sucker punch (which I'm not sure if those are in this game) to effectively use choice sets, or its numerous set-up/support moves like swords dance, nasty plot, defog, etc to be a better support for it's team, and this new variant can still pull off similar tricks to great effect. It's also worth noting that its new signature move that lowers the opponents defense and raises its crit chance makes it dangerous to switch into, meaning it could still trouble stuff like stall teams.
I think Decidueye-H is far better than the regular one in defensive aspects. But the removal of its Ghost type is really a shame in this regard.

Just because something is "OG" doesn't mean it deserves to stay, especially if it doesn't work. Freeze and Sleep are trash, and Frostbite and Drowsy are objectively better.
I would agree on Freeze over Frostbite. Drowsy over Sleep I'm less sold on. It feels like Sleep has better countermeasures and work arounds than Freeze already. Turning it to drowsy feels it would just turn into confusion an inconsistent status that no one would go out of their way to make use of. And unlike confusion I don't believe you can even make use of it offensively since the only offensive moves with a chance for sleep are G-Max Befuddle and potentially Sneaseler's signature move. I'd keep Frostbite since it not only gets rid of status with no real counterplay to give some unique niche

Yeah I feel like between Rest, counterplay to sleep, Sleep Talk sets and the like that Sleep is a much more meta-relevant status than Freeze. Nothing is ever planned around Freeze because of the 10% chance being the best way to inflict it, and because outside of a weirdly light list of Fire moves there's not much counterplay (will never not annoy me that Overheat isn't a thaw move)

That said I would not be opposed to BOTH existing, if they did something interesting with Freeze

Have there been any movepool leaks for the new pokemon/variantis? Or even just tidbits of information on specific good moves they do or don't learn. I've been trying to scan through the pages of comments but there's a lot of them.

I know I said it’s too early to have any meaningful discussion on viability. But I do think H-Decidueye is going to be way better in practice than it will be in paper. Triple arrow is such a good move and while it won’t sweep mons itself. Any mon switching in on decidueye is worried about triple arrow has to factor in the chances of a -1 crit shitting on whatever you thought your check was.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I know I said it’s too early to have any meaningful discussion on viability. But I do think H-Decidueye is going to be way better in practice than it will be in paper. Triple arrow is such a good move and while it won’t sweep mons itself. Any mon switching in on decidueye is worried about triple arrow has to factor in the chances of a -1 crit shitting on whatever you thought your check was.
Leaf Blade will always crit after Focus Energy, which sounds nice, but Dartix can learn Sword Dance, so I'm thinking that's a bit gimmicky. I've got a good feeling that H-Decidueye is going to be good in lower tiers though. I found a niche I was looking at Dartix's movepool, Defog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)